Options

[SEGA CD] Advice regarding the Sega CD requested!

13»

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Well, thanks for the advice, I went ahead and ordered a system, which arrived today. Seems to be working fine, and its good to know that it will likely require new caps in the future. Of course, the thing didn't come with composite cables, which I didn't even think of, so I had to drive to another town to find some. As far as I can tell, coaxial does not work with my TV, even though it has the plug. I even plugged in my SNES coaxial, which I know works, to test it. Nope.

As a bonus, the system had "Rebel Assault" in the disk drive. Free game.
    I have Rebel Assault for PC, I fucking hate it

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    Well, thanks for the advice, I went ahead and ordered a system, which arrived today. Seems to be working fine, and its good to know that it will likely require new caps in the future. Of course, the thing didn't come with composite cables, which I didn't even think of, so I had to drive to another town to find some. As far as I can tell, coaxial does not work with my TV, even though it has the plug. I even plugged in my SNES coaxial, which I know works, to test it. Nope.

As a bonus, the system had "Rebel Assault" in the disk drive. Free game.
    I have Rebel Assault for PC, I fucking hate it

I have Rebel assult for the PC as well, and while it was super impressive years ago, it's not so much today. Got any plans for which games you're gonna pick up?

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Planning on picking up all the RPGs. Probably for the Genesis, too. After actually playing a few of them, it seems that the SNES being lauded as the "RPG system" is kind of bullshit. Many of the better ones were Japan only, and the number of excellent ones not by Square is really small. I feel kind of cheated, like I've been lied to. Don't get me wrong, SNES has other genres with amazing games, just talking about that one genre.

There's probably many Genesis games I've overlooked, because I haven't touched one in ages. I remember Rocket Knight Adventures being really fun, for one.

Not actually too interested in Snatcher, to be honest. Its way too expensive and looks exactly like Blade Runner to the point that I think that would be distracting. I could be entirely wrong, of course, but its still incredibly expensive; and I'm someone who doesn't mind spending 50 dollars on used RPGs.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It's a good game, but it really isn't worth the asking price. Pick it up on the cheap if you can, you'll live if not. The Lunars are better, and have far more value.

wVEsyIc.png