As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A bracing morning swim: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Ed PbP

• Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Guess I'll pay the 1g to recover the 2 from the repeated clubbings.

• Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    Merrick will pay 1g to have the Doctors consult, putting him at 3/4 wounds. If he then rests the entire day, will he be at 4?

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Nope. The 1 wound minimum heal doesn't stack.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Kazrik doesn't need the doc's attention?
    The hay cart was a safe landing, right?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    He's fine.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I don't need anything.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    I'll spend all my golds on 6/8 wounds. Damn low toughness.

• Options
    Er, 3 x 3 is 9, ie full health?

They strap your wrist up but that hand is going to be out of action for a further #rolls dice# 3 weeks.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Oh, read that wrong. Cool. Not cool about the arm though. Guess I'll never use that axe (who cares).

In fact, can I sell the axe?

• Options
    There is ample time for shopping in the Reiks Platz and surrounds. I draw your attention to the consumer guide on 292 of the rule book. Nuln is 10k+ population when rolling for availability of anything.

I also remind you of the group money pot which you need to decide how to either split up or justify purchases from.

No rules on selling in the book I can see, so I'll say sell at 25% listed price.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Maybe with a fellowship or intimidate roll for a higher price sale?

• Options
    Fellowship naturally. I can't see intimidate going down well but you're free to try!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Want me to try with the fellowship stuff?

• Options
    would the medicinal herbs that Merrick has help Grog's prognosis for his hand's functionality?

• Options
    Nope. You know that there are herbs for helping reduce the healing time of breaks and dislocations by reducing muscle inflammation, but they grow in coniferous forests, not cobbled streets. Also though herbalism grants you the ability to identify these medicinal herbs, you lack the required skill (Heal wounds) to apply them correctly.

It being autumn they are in season so if you can find a herbalist in the city somewhere with some in stock (scarce availability, 40% chance) then you can have picked some up on the way to doctor's (1G) and get him to apply it.

Sending you some Herbalism details from another book in a PM.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    So are we going o look into that "repossession" job on the tree?
    Because nothing to do with possession in Warhammer is ever a good time, whether they done it before or not…. :P

• Options
    Womp womp, good joke.

Are there any other jobs on the board? Seems like there's only one suited for our... nature.

• Options
    Nothing else of interest.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    "Well, seems like we have few options for honest work. Do we want to be the cruel arm of a possibly diabolical landlord, or track down whatever guild that thief was from last night and possibly get a reward?"

• Options
    "When we're turning in the receipt for our reward at the guard headquarters maybe they'll be able to tell us about his guild," Ilumor suggests, feeling much better in clean clothing, and with his side looked at. No ribs broken, thankfully, just a bunch of bruising and some soreness to match.

• Options
    "Ah've no problem with reposi- repass- takin' back people's stuff. Sounds a little less taxin' than chasin' thieves around rooftops."

I think I'll just hang on to the axe. Do I still have the -10 penalty for punching with my off hand?

• Options
    Yup. Sucks a tad but them's the breaks.

No shopping then? Personally I'd be all over some more armour and a shield but you know, it's your choice.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Actually, that's a very good point.

"This town is far more 'interesting' than I was led to believe. If we're going o start deliberately antagonising people, I'm going to get some better protection first. Who's coming?" proclaimed Kazrik, waving his arm in the general direction of where he thought the nearest armourer was.

• Options
    This place can be dangerous. But it's where the money is. How much do we have in that there communal pot?, Merrick agrees.

Time to go looking through the core book.

• Options
    "These're the only armor I'll ever need." Gavnog flexes, showing off his spiraling blue tattoos. "S'Worked so far, eh?"

• Options
    Ilumor gives his ribs another rub. "I wouldn't mind something else. I didn't think this city would be so terrible."

What are prices, pre-haggling of course, for armor and shields? I looked in the book but didn't see anything mentioned.

• Options
    Pg 293 and on for prices.

Bargaining is Fell check with a 10% reduction on a pass. Maybe more for a really good pass. Risk of annoying people with a really bad fail.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Godric jingles the communal money, "This is for important purchases only, for the benefit of all of us. No strange spices or anything, you get that on your own."

• Options
    the edited version that I gave out might not have the commerce section, not sure. however, we can't afford a lot, I don't think.

• Options
    Can anyone confirm if the version has that page missing?

• Options
    Nope, I've got the commerce section. It's hidden away at the end of the world guide, pg 193

• Options
    Right, it's a long bank holiday here while we all dress up like the Queen. As such little action from me until Weds. I want all shopping faff sorted by then and ready to move on.

For Her Majesty's sake.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I think I'd look funny dressed up as the Queen. Could be fun though.

• Options
    So, I looked @ the book, and really there isn't anything that Merrick would want that he can afford on the 3GC-4GC range that he has.

I did come across something that stumped me though. Tomb Robber starting equipment states a "Leather Jack" what's a leather jack?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I think they used jack instead of jacket, for whatever reason. It's 1 armor on body/arms on damage 3 and under. Over 3 damage it's 0 armor.

Icerimp on
  • Options
    woot!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Well, I see a leather coif is 6 crowns, and a pot helmet is 2. Helmets give 1 armor, and a leather coif gives 0 or 1, like a jacket. So unless weight is an issue, I don't see any reason to ever buy the more expensive leather coif over the pot helmet.

So yeah, 1 helmet for me. And that's all I can afford, unless the 2d8 + 2 crowns for a shield ends up costing 4.

Icerimp on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I'm thinking pot helmet too, and I'm assuming we're using the city availability column? Because Nuln is The armoury of the Empire pretty much…
    As for weapons, I'm thinking about a quarterstaff maybe, since it's so damn cheap, and perhaps a bolas just in case.

@Icerimp; what about the unrimmed shield option?

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah that'd work, actually. 1 unrimmed shield too, please.

And while we're at it, I have this backpack, so I may as well fill it with stuff.
    So in total, my purchases are:

1 pot helm, 1 unrimmed shield, 3 torches, 1 dozen tallow candles, 6 yards of rope, 1 wooden wedge (why not?), and 1 iron spike for:

4 crowns, 9 shillings, 8 pence

Icerimp on
  • Options
    So, I've decided to go with a pot helmet, quarter staff, a hook&line, 2torches, and a backpack to put it all in; total cost 3gc18/- leaving 4gc2/-

Shopping rolls; quarter staff; hook&line: 1d100 1 1d100 70