Options

A bracing morning swim: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Ed PbP

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I'm sure he can up with something to do. Feel free to be flexible with turn order where the implications won't be important. However we need to pause at the end of the round for a new map as we sort out the push and pull of winners in combat

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    If it will help/is possible, I'll wait and charge the guy Merrick is fighting once he's available.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    The rules specifically avoid mentioning whether you can delay to the top of the next round.

But it does say "Characters may elect to go later in the round than their Initiative indicates, but may never go earlier.

I would allow someone to effectively lose an entire round's action to be able to act first in the next round, but that may be due to D&D conditioning, and common sense =P

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm going to be a rules stickler for now and say use it or lose it by the end of the round. The end of the round is a definite 'thing' in wfrp rather than the constant cycle of D&D and it could get messy if you let one round flow into another.

Once Kazrik has done something or not, at the end of the round Ilumor will be pushed back one into the open space (if it is still there) and the footpad will follow up. And to pre-empt the next question, yes you can melee across diagonals.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Right then, kicking down the door, what do I need for that?

• Options
    Purely brute force battering? Check Str. For single digit stats you just multiply by 10 to get your d100 target.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Seeing that his original target was now occupied, Kazrik shrugged to himself and decided to go after the faithless fool that led them here...unfortunately, the door he was no doubt cowering behind proved to be sturdier than it appeared.

Strength test: 1d100 66

• Options
    streetnightturn2.jpg

Ilumor and Gavnog are losing and so are pushed back. The footpads follow up.

Spun everyone's counters around to show who is engaged with whom. You may freely switch targets to another adjacent one and will gain a +10 to hit bonus for attacking an enemy who is concentrating on being engaged by someone else. Though this will of course leave your side open to the person you have turned away from.

C'mon Ilumor. Chop some heads!

The footpads have T3, no armour and 5 wounds by the way.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I seem to be getting surrounded.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ilumor looks somewhat disgruntled about that miss with the axe, but the presence of his cheery new short friend heartens him.

Ilumor misses the guy in front of him again with a 64!

Icerimp on
  • Options
    Merrick continues his high pitched yells "Town Watch! We're being accosted by vagabonds of dubious origin!"
    He then grips his Axe in both hands and swings so hard he nearly spins himself around.

http://orokos.com/roll/67247 : 76 - MISS!

• Options
    Godric just can't seem to catch a break. Seems to be easier to hit a Kurgan than a bloody thief.

Roll to hit against Footpad: 1d100 69

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Gavnog is beginning to enjoy his tussle with the lowlife, almost forgetting the vicious arm-vandalism moments before.

Attack roll (WS 44, might as well be 73): 1d100 74

• Options
    I knew WFRP had a reputation for its low hit chance. I didn't realise that this was due to some probability warping field that lets you beat the 1/2048 odds and flip 11 tails (rolls above 50) in a row.

Merrick's cries echo along the street but there is no reply. It is the middle of the night and you get the feeling the watch don't frequent this part of town much if they can avoid it. The party are clearly drained and out of practice from their boat journey but they at least manage to hold off their assailants for the moment.

"Shut your mouth halfling or I'll shut it for you!" cries the man at the back of the alley.

Four misses.
    1d100 → [63] = (63)
    1d100 → [98] = (98)
    1d100 → [57] = (57)
    1d100 → [47] = (47)

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    If this is now a new round, can Kazrik attack footpad D from where he is?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Everyone seems to be slipping a little out of order (no jumping ahead of the enemy in the order!) but I believe it's just you left for this round. You can attack D. The flank attack bonus and attack round a corner penalties will cancel out.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Oh boy….

Glaring at the stubbornly defiant door and muttering something about it being too sturdy for manling work, Kazrik turned to see Godric beset on two sides and resolved to help him out…or try to at least. Unfortunately, there was precious little opening between the sweeping blades and flying fists to get a decent shot in.

Attacking thug D: 1d100 72

• Options
    edited April 2012
    More flailing back and forth with weapons. This definitely isn't how Ilumor envisioned his illustrious career in adventuring starting. Bracing his feet, he leans in for another good whack. Swing from the hips!

Miss with an 82!

Sorry, didn't mean to post before the board update.

Icerimp on
  • Options
    Nowhere for anyone to go. Carry on.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    My bad, I was just so excited to miss more.

• Options
    Merrick grips his axe tightly and swings with all his might. His axe grazes the thug in front of him, and Merrick cries out in triumph.
    "Ha! First Blood, you're going down, and it's gonna be by a little halfling. If you live, you'll be the laughing stock."

http://orokos.com/roll/67433 :Attack vs. A 20 HIT! 1d6=1 for damage. WOOHOO!

• Options
    Well... that's one out of 5 wounds to kill one guy down.

• Options
    They have 3 T, and Merrick has 2 S. :|

We're hitting them now, at least!

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Just had to work out all those Misses, at least they are being just as abysmal.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Footpads next, right? Then Kazrik due to the init bonus for the dagger?
    (just checking I've got this figured)

• Options
    If you had to roll high rather than low with the same odds I reckon you'd have hit around 8 or 9 times by now.

Footpad post coming when I get a moment to deal with the consequences because I rolled the hit rolls and boy, are there ever consequences.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    @Grog to save me some effort do you want to make a dodge roll?

Let me put it this way, you want to make a dodge roll.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    dodge roll: 1d100 vs 28 I 53
    Apparently I don't want to dodge.

Grog on
  • Options
    Well I guess we're waiting until I get home and can look up the critical injury tables then. I hope you're happy now.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Okay. Pain time.
    Hit rolls:
    A 1d100 → [28] = (28)
    B 1d100 → [16] = (16)
    C 1d100 → [13] = (13)
    D 1d100 → [1] = (1)

That's right. 4 hits. Damage:

A 1d6 → [2] = (2) damage to Merrick. Oh! He has dodge as well. Dodge time. Parry also possible.
    B 1d6-1 → [3] = (2) damage to Ilumor. Leather armour on the body brings that down to 1 wound again.
    C 1d6 → [5] = (5) damage to Gavnog. Ouch. Critical rolls to follow.
    D 1d6-1 → [5] = (4) damage to Godric. Hit to the head so helmet reduces it to 3 wounds. Unless we want to parry.

Both Merrick and Godric have suitable weapons to parry so may attempt to do so at sacrifice of their next attack (should be without knowing the damage roll but what the heck, i made you wait long enough). Parry is just roll under your WS to negate d6 damage of the blow. Godric can parry with a shield at a +20 bonus.

Right. Poor Gavnog. He had 4 wounds left. He took 5 wounds so one over his limit is a +1 critical roll, the lowest possible so we may still be good. Hit was on the right arm again. Hold breath, d100 roll... 1d100 → [36] = (36) translates to a critical injury of level 4 (of 16).
    The blow strikes the hand, dislocating the wrist. Anything held in that hand is dropped and the hand is incapacitated until medical attention is received.

You may fight on! But on the assumption of right handedness for lack otherwise specifying (it's what the rules say to do) and with the lack of the ambidextrous skill, you will be at a -10 to hit penalty for fighting with lefty.

Getting this fixed given the state of medical knowledge in The Old World is by no means a sure thing. Medical attention from someone with the surgery skill must be received within a week or incapacitation will be permanent.

Also note with no more wounds left, any future damage goes straight to critical hits at much higher penalties. For example the same damage rolls to you now would have been instant death on the critical chart.

The thugs lay in on the visitors with another round of battering club bruises. Things really aren't looking good. Gavnog's attempt at bare handed parrying results in a sickening cracking noise from his wrist as the wooden club connects with flesh. Still, at least it wasn't his head.

'We're not violent men by nature,' lies the man at the back. 'Give up the goods and we may still let you walk away.'

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Fuck it I'll parry.

Parry roll, WS 33+20 for shield: 1d100 4
    First time I ever rolled well. Obviously a critical parry and I disarm/kill my opponent.

• Options
    Merrick attempts to deftly dodge out of the way, but his toes get caught up in his foot hair.

http://orokos.com/roll/67558 76 (50/50 chance, and I fail...we're all destined to die in this fight)

• Options
    Naw, I'm gonna make it. Gonna join this obviously superior band of rogues.

• Options
    Well I think we've found our first quest. Find the slayer a hook.

• Options
    Clearly, our first quest should be to pick these guys' pockets to get their dice. Ugh….

Once more looking for an opening in the surprisingly skilled thug's defences, Kazrik came up with a blank, even managing to catch his arm on a jutting piece of stonework he hadn't noticed before.

Attacking thug D again: 1d100 94

• Options
    Well, this is getting much worse. Ilumor takes another good crack to his side. He's going to bruised, if not worse, tomorrow. Winding up again, the elf cleaves down with the wood axe.

Hits with a 19...
    ...for 3 damage total to the left leg, thanks to the +2 from the axe.

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    in every iteration of warhammer

fantasy, 40k, blood bowl, rogue trader, frpg

the dice hate you

it is something that must be understood

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Woo! Damage!

Footpad attempts a parry 1d100 → [76] = (76) but no good.

63 - Ilumor
    50 - Merrick
    30 - Footpads
    28 - Kazrik
    23 - Godric
    18 -Gavnog

Right, so Kazrik missed and Godric parried. Gavnog still to have his go for this round with his good hand.

End of the round nothing happens as you are backed up against the wall.

Then new round, Ilumor has had his swing, Merrick to go and we're back to the footpads.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Flop flop flop

Attack roll: 1d100 vs WS 34 = 70
    Well I had this whole post planned where he'd pummel away with his broken arm, beating the man to death with a floppy wrist. Oh well.

• Options
    Merrick is obviously a lover, not a fighter. His axe nearly shears the arm hair off the thug in front of him, but he just can't connect.

http://orokos.com/roll/67769 = 41 miss.