Options

A bracing morning swim: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Ed PbP

13468913

Posts

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You can get that he went left out of the door and was running, but after that it's just not happening.

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Ilumor only sleeps in trees or in beds of wildflowers.

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I might remind you that Merrick is currently sleeping face down in a puddle of someone else's blood.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Medical attention may be a good idea. Would we be able to find the local sawbones, or is it still too dark?

    Grog on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    "We had better be off, I think" pronounced Kazrik, continuing "those that ran off seem like the types to summon the watch and accuse us in their stead" before kneeling down to rifle through the dead man's pockets, explaining "perhaps they carry some token of allegiance too, never know when that might be useful..."

    Neutral alignment for the fatesworn dwarf, and let the looting commence!

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I'll be lawful, as an ex-watchman.

    "We need to find a surgeon for our injured, and if we're lucky one might know for a place for us to bed down for the night. We have to get out of here." Godric says. To Kazrik, "I doubt they have any sort of allegiance to anything other than some easy coin, this doesn't seem like organised crime to me."

    Godric lifts Merrick up and throws him over his shoulder after quickly brushing off some of the extra blood.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    As Godric hefts Merrick onto his shoulder, the little man gurgles and mumbles something unintelligable before letting out a snore. He'll come around soon and you get the feeling he'll be fine with a lot of rest. The pain in Gavnog's wrist is quite substantial though now the adrenaline is wearing off and will need somebody to look at it before too long. He's fairly certain he'll last the night without issue though.

    24hrs to get attention for the wrist before permanent damage. Merrick can wake up whenever he wants now and will not be suffering more than a splitting headache and the utter exhaustion of being on zero wounds.

    Whilst you discuss and search the dead man, both other wounded men cop some unfortunate rolls and expire in the cold night.

    Rolling thrice upon the citizen treasure table nets you:

    1 Crown
    31 Shillings
    8 Pennies

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Is that a profit or no?

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Two of you require medical attention before you can heal any wounds and that will take multiple Gold Crowns per visit.

    So no.

    What are you up to now? Hanging around or making yourself scarce? Continue the hunt for somewhere to sleep or something else?

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Oh duh.

    Well, I've made my suggestion. Harass a doctor and then sleep in his living room.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Like Kazrik said, we oughtta be going before the remaining gang get it into their heads to report us as the aggressors. Finding a sawbones in the process sounds like a plan, especially if he has a waiting room.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Agreed, I don't want to be a limp-wristed dwarf

  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Yep, find a doctor to handle the injuries.

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    After roaming the streets for an hour or more you only find inns with no accommodation or that are long since locked up for the night. A brief conversation with a pair of watchmen gains a little sympathy for your predicament but no useful advice other than that you'll have no chance of finding medical help until morning. Eventually as you walk down a dark, dingy lane you see a tattered sign swinging in the breeze. It reads 'The Reaver's Return.' There is no sound from inside the inn but a weak light shows through a grimy ground floor window so somebody might be up. The place seems to be even grubbier than the others you have tried, if that's possible, but you are almost delirious with exhaustion and desperate. One of you tries the door but it seems firmly shut.

    'Shove it!' shouts a voice from inside.

    You shrug at each other and turn to walk on, but just as you turn away the voice comes again.

    'The door, dum dum, just give it good hard shove!'

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    His sides feeling particularly tender from the repeated clubbings, Ilumor appears distinctly miserable by the time they arrive at the Reaver, his steps beginning to drag. "Someone else should probably go in first," he suggests, plucking at his blood stained clothing pointedly.

  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Not quite taking the elf's meaning, Gavnog plants a still-bloody hand on the door and gives it a hearty push.

    Another strength check?

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Naturally.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Shove It: 1d100 vs Str 50 16. May need some new hinges.

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    As the door falls to the floor the white haired, wrinkled, old publican looks up from the bar he was clearing and frowns.

    "You'll have to pay for that, you know."

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    The slayer shrugged and stepped over the flattened door. Looking around his gaze soon rests on the bar and, as if only noticing him a moment later, the innkeeper.

    "Rooms fer five of us- though I doubt the little one'll mind where. He's already had a head start." Gavnog grins, leaning against the bar and eyeing the taps.


    I'll pay for the door. A good entrance is worth it.

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    'I've got A room available as long as you don't keep trashing the place. But first the door. That's going to cost at least six crowns to fix.

    This price is utterly unreasonable.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    "I need a drink..." Godric grumbles as he sits at the bar.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    "Did you not notice the time? No service until sunrise pal."

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Godric mumbles an oath and digs out some coins to pay for a room for the night.

    "Then I need a room."

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    "Six Crowns?! Who exactly does your carpentry, the Emperor himself?" queried Kazrik over Godric's request.
    I'd offer a shilling, but I really have no idea what rehanging a door is actually worth… it did fall in one piece, right?

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Bargaining would be a fellowship test.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    …right. Who has the functioning fellowship score again?

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    The one that's unconscious. Time to wake up, Merrick!

  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Ilumor gingerly steps over the door, giving the interior of the room a visual sweep. The publican is assessed, before Merrick's unconscious form is gently shaken.

    Does 1st ed allow supporting actions? As in pass a test to give someone a bonus to the same test? If so, Ilumor will argue/bargain to support Merrick, assuming he wakes up and decides he wants to try.

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Not as such. Just both test and state beforehand who is leading the thrust and who is back up and I'll adjudicate appropriately.

    I think Ilumor actually has the highest Fel in the group, and I'm sure he would have had time to wipe the worst of the gore away seeing as how that nice watchman didn't instantly drag you off for questioning.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Ilumor gives up on trying to wake Merrik, instead turning to the publican.

    "6 crowns is absolutely ridiculous for a door. You know that as well, I suspect. We'll give you our custom, but only if you treat us fairly. We've already had a terrible introduction to your fair city, and I'd thank you to not insult us further by considering us rubes."

    20 for Fellowship - Pass by 26

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    He argues back briefly, but a large yawn overcomes him and he suddenly remembers he'd rather be in bed than dealing with this nonsense.

    You settle on 3G for the door and 1G each for the room. Decide who's paying for the door, mark off the cash on your character sheets if you're happy and he'll show you to your room shortly.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Isn't that still like, "holy shit, how much?" territory though? I thought the WFRP economy was pretty medieval in that regard….

    Anyway, dibs on not paying for the door. :P

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    I got the door.

  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kind of concerned we're going to be coming up short for medical attention on the next day. Though if we don't sleep here, we'll be in the street somewhere and will probably contract all sorts of terrible Warhammer diseases.
    A few rolls on a table somewhere will see someone bitten by a rat that's carrying Nurgle rot, or something.

    Icerimp on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Nah, rats'd be Red Pox or Red Death or maybe Death Pox or something mild like that.
    Accidentally stepping on a Nurgling though…

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    It's not like it was actually your fault it broke, but 3G seems reasonable enough for the damage done. The room rate is on the cheaper side. He isn't budging from this if you want to sleep here tonight.

    For comparison 2G buys a pair of trousers, 3G a dagger or knife and 5G a fancy hat.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Fine, I'll toss him a gold piece. Someone has to be in charge of getting what's his face some medical attention on the morrow, and I don't think my negotiation skills are up to the challenge. I will sleep the day away!

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Oh right, that's cool. I was under the mistaken impression that you start out with a pitiful amount of gold because six GP was actually a lot if you wanted to skinflint it, rather than the actual reason, being that the WFRP devs were in fact right bastards. 8->

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    After the money is handed over, Rudolf Grasser (as he introduces himself as) shows you to your room. The 'Return' is a three storey wooden building and he takes you to a dingy attic room. The stairs creak under your weight and the bannister feels distinctly shaky. At last you arrive.

    'You get a nice view of the canal,' grins Grasser, showing the rotted stumps of his teeth.

    You can't see anything through the filthy glass, but can certainly smell the canal through the half open window.

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.