Options

A bracing morning swim: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Ed PbP

1568101113

Posts

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Without hesitation, the fleeing figure banks left and runs up peaked dormer before leaping over the canal and landing on the roof of a house that juts over the canal from the opposite side. With barely a break in stride he lands sprinting and is off again. He clearly knows where he's going.

    RoofChase.jpg

    The running man just jumped over the canal to the top right building. From the direction of his flight and the availability of nearby roofs it seems clear he'll continue along the arrowed path. Ilumor and Gavong are on the bottom right roof, the rest of the party is where the arrow trail begins.

    The leap over the canal is 3 yards. Thus with a move of 4, a roll of 6 on a d6 will result in a sploosh.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I kind of wish I had a bow to shoot him in the back.

    3 yards? No problem. Ilumor has long legs. He's committed at this point, and he can't show weakness in front of the dwarf! He goes leaping off from the raised roof to jump the gap in pursuit.

    Just curious. When Ilumor falls into that canal, how do we determine if he can swim out or not before the alligators/giant turtles/Khorne cultists eat him?

    Icerimp on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    "Oh, damn it all" Godric curses as he follows the little man.

    How about M5? Also, who thinks I should grab my crossbow?

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Gavnog lands with a wet thump on the roof opposite, scrambling to keep his bare feet beneath him. The triumph almost makes him forget the unbidden groping that had caused the chase in the first place.

    Jump: 1d6 4 Success...?

  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Jump: 6

    Damn you, Warhammer.

  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Yeah could do with a crossbow. And a rope for the elf.

  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Actually I have BS20, so I'm not going to hit anything. I also don't have a rope!

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    I regret nothing!

  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Maybe a flailing elf is an easier target.

  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    How high up are we all again?
    I kinda want to know how hard it would be to cross the canal without running the circuitous route along the rooftops, bottom-left to top-left in a straight line like.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Bwahaha! Fate really has it in for you guys at times.

    Ilumor plummets into the canal with a large splash. He has a brief flail and visions of drowning in muddy water, but as soon as he calms down he realises he can stand up as the canal is only 3ft deep. About a foot of that is mud. Well, mostly mud. The city sanitation solution can at times be basic.

    Where's Godric leaping? Jump distance with a run up is 2M-1D6 so your jump distance is 4 to 9 yards. Across the alley at the bottom is an auto success as the distance is mere 2 yards. Diagonally across to the roof the thief is on is 6 yards. Straight across the canal to his predicted target roof is a heroic 7 yard leap.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    You're on the roof of a three story building. 10 yards up.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Judging the distances to be beyond him even on a good day, Kazrik proceeded to follow approximately the thief's route around the rooftops while trying to keep a weather eye out for anything the scurrilous bastard might have left behind as a surprise.

    So yeah, going the easy but long way, via the overhang: Leap roll (across the canal): 1d6 3

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm scared Jam.

    Fuck it I'll do it slightly big, m5 is probably faster than that asshole, so I'll hop to his roof. 5+ to fall to a muddy doom.

    Oh fuck me.
    Jump roll in pursuit of thief: 1d6 5

    Why can't it be +d6 instead of minus?!?!?!

    Edit: There's no way for me to reach out and grab the edge or anything like that?

    TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Sploosh!

    Just as Ilumor has regained his footing and stood up in the waist deep water, he is knocked off his feet again by the tidal wave caused by the crash landing of comet Godric.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Damnit

    I'm not going to try to help people anymore. Nobody saved my life!

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Kazrik can only make a single leap so if he's taking the safe route his first leap was over the alley to the bottom right roof.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    How do fate points work? Can I fate point for an extra turn?

    What I am saying is I want to spend a fate point so that I can tackle a dude who touched my nuts.

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Much as I would love to let you waste your highly limited 'get out of death free' card on such a trifle. No. The gods are really not that fussed about this one.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    We suck so bad at this you guys.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    I have full faith in the Slayer to catch and subdue this guy with one hand.

  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Kazrik can only make a single leap so if he's taking the safe route his first leap was over the alley to the bottom right roof.

    I assumed that didn't need rolling for? M4 and all that. So I sorta got ahead of myself there, sorry.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    Merrick sighs and reaches back into the window, pulling out the crossbow that Godric left in the room before he rushed out in a mad rooftop chase. He winches the string taught, and sets a bolt into the frame. "Anyone good with one of these things? If an elf and a dwarf can't make it over that canal, no chances this bleeding Halfling is going to make it"

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Hmmm, he did specify grabbing his mace, and attaching a crossbow to your person before dashing over the roof tiles would probably be quite an effort.

    Judge rules no violation, the crossbow was indeed probably there ready to be used. Merrick's turn is used up in fetching and loading it. He is now alone on the Inn roof though as everyone else has either set off in pursuit or is now swimming.

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Boy howdy. Covered in filth. It's not the first time, but Ilumor won't be telling anyone that story. "Get him, Gavnog!" he shouts up to the rooftop as he starts to haul himself out of the canal, and tries to chase after the same relative path on foot.

    The 'same relative path' being through the alley with the wagon there.

    Icerimp on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The running man makes the predicted leap on to the next roof and keeps going, directly away from the canal now toward a lower outbuilding. It's hard to tell through the muffle of his face mask but you think he might be laughing.

    As the swimmers start to head for the bank they notice that general shouting and splashing has attracted some attention from early morning folk out on the streets as the skies are just starting to lighten a little at the horizon.


    The next leap over the haywain is 4ft.

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Gavnog is distracted from chuckling at his muddy friends by the thief's taunting. "I'll give ya something ta laugh about ya elf-huggin' scum sucker!"

    Leaping the gap with the desperation of the violated the slayer barely makes the distance, his tattooed gut hitting the edge of the roof with a thump before he manages to scramble away from the edge.


    Jump: 1d6 4 so... 2M - 4 = 4ft! Yay!

    Grog on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Snowdown wrote: »
    Merrick sighs and reaches back into the window, pulling out the crossbow that Godric left in the room before he rushed out in a mad rooftop chase. He winches the string taught, and sets a bolt into the frame. "Anyone good with one of these things? If an elf and a dwarf can't make it over that canal, no chances this bleeding Halfling is going to make it"
    I'm a man. Also I'll follow my elf buddy.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    Dwarves have a strong vertical leap. Their small legs are like tightly coiled springs.

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    It'll take your turn to crawl out of the mud on to the side.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    No problem.

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Just so you know, these aren't full by the book rounds, but cut down exciting chase sequence demi-rounds.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    So is it back to Merrick to pray his 26 ballistic skill is enough? I can aim, but that will take another round of prep, right?

  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Fire away. From where he's headed he's going to be out of sight next round.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    If you break my crossbow I'll wring your little neck.

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    (Orokos really does hate us guys, hate hate hate)

    Merrick lifts the heavy crossbow, and takes aim at the fleeing thief. Squeezing his eyes tight he pulls the trigger and promptly is knocked back onto his prosterior as the bolt flies high.

    Finally noticing the few commoners on the ground going about their normal business, he attempts to appeal to their good nature. "Stop that thief!" he yells, as he points at the figure fleeing across the rooftops. "A reward for anyone that stops him!"



    Roll: 50 http://orokos.com/roll/69898 MISS

    Snowdown on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Just waiting on Kazrik, @Mr_Rose

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Kazrik is going to continue chasing the guy down the long way round, while screaming a bout a <dwarfish curse> thief then.
    Can knives be thrown?
    Not that it'll happen, much less hit of course…

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Hmm, you can throw a knife. But if it's not a throwing knife there'll be a penalty. And if you're beyond short range (4 yards), or even worse beyond long range (8 yards) there's a to hit and a damage penalty. You'd have to stop running to take aim.

    We'll take your roll from last time so you make the leap across the canal to the top right roof.

    The thief rapidly hops on to the outhouse roof and then down on to the street. It's quite a drop and he seems to stumble a little as he gives himself a minor injury but nothing that's going to slow his flight. Once on street level he heads straight for a boarded off alleyway and a waiting open door.

    Those up on the roofs can hear but not see someone shouting for the watch.


    Dropping down to the porch roof will cause 3-d6 wounds and the further drop to the street will cause another 2-d6 wounds. However taking this safer route, there's no way Gavnog will reach the guy before he gets to that door. He is standing pretty much directly below you...

    From where they crawl out of the canal, Ilumor won't make it to the guy before he's through the gate, but Godric with his M of 5 can get to engage (but not hit) him if he runs flat out down the alley.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Well we're headed to the doctor's anyway...

    What roll would I need (to miserably fail) to jump on the guy?

Sign In or Register to comment.