As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thorough C&C: What is Thy Bidding, Master?

PearlsBeforeHamPearlsBeforeHam Registered User new member
edited March 2007 in Artist's Corner
whatisthybiddingmasterbrc2.png

This is a piece I've just finished of a character from Sonic: Secret of the Rings (Wildfire). If you want a reference, her name is Shahra. Feel free to critique harshly, I definitely need it to improve.

PearlsBeforeHam on

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Poor understanding of anatomy. It seems you designed the clothes first without considering where or how the figure would fit into them. Case in point; her left ankle is far too straight to follow up with the rest of the leg. Right now you're taking far too many cartoon shortcuts to cover up the fact that you just can't draw said features.

You also gave her some mangled man hands. The fuck is going on with her right hand? I don't even think that's possible by human standards.

Godfather on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think that the arm that is curling upwards is too long. To me the wrist should start just below her bracelet.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2007
    As a layman, I think it's really good. I'm sure people like the above poster will be able to give you some harsher criticism, but I like it.

Tube on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Did you start with drawing the underlying structure? You should do that.

Also, what's up with CT all posting in the AC? I thought he's some kind of a mythical figure around these parts lol.gif

Mayday on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Needs much more line variation.

earthwormadam on