Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

I wonder if [chat] remembers me

2456792

Posts

  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Chu, I appreciate that your sock has a hole in the exact spot that the shoe does.

    YOU KNOW NOTHING OF MY STRUGGLE

  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Photo%20Mar%2023%2C%206%2055%2042%20PM.jpg

    these are my everyday shoes :(

    They shouldn't be.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I can't feel sorry for batarians, they have four eyes.

    Whatever horrors they face they had it coming.

    PSN: Honkalot
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I can't feel sorry for batarians, they have four eyes.

    Whatever horrors they face they had it coming.

    As someone who wears glasses...

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    DA:O is such a great game. I played it a shit ton. Also one of the few games were you can pretty much objectively say it was better on the PC than any other system.

    Also it contains Alistar. <3 Alistar.

    He hasn't endeared himself to me yet. His opening scene where he's teasing the mage was kind of cute, but otherwise he's been a bit of a dip.

    But I've barely started so yeah.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I just started playing Dragon Age:Origins for the first time.

    Surprisingly good - and hard at times too. I likey.

    it's a great game! the add ons are good too.

    there is one part that you will be trudging through, though. stick with it! the game is awesome.

    i wound up getting tired of the having to get your party balance right and tune their AI and whatnot and turned the difficulty down and treated it like a beat-em-up

    919UOwT.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    @Thanatos open your mind, man. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

    Anyhow, original source here, for those in [chat] who see National Review and run screaming with their skirts hiked up to their knees: http://www.democracyjournal.org/24/a-new-progressive-federalism.php?page=1
    @spool32 Yes, a stopped clock is, in fact, right twice a day; however, if every time someone asks you what time it is, you refer them to the stopped clock on the off chance it might be right, that is an issue with you, not them.

  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Alistair was a good character. I hated his whining in the beginning. Then later in the game he had gotten used to my dickish actions, and he realised the world was actually pretty shitty. I destroyed his innocent world view and he came around and became more and more cynical. That was great.

    PSN: Honkalot
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    alistair is p. lame

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    syndalis wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    I just started playing Dragon Age:Origins for the first time.

    Surprisingly good - and hard at times too. I likey.
    Great worldbuilding/characters.

    2 continues this and manages to both improve and fuck up the fighting.
    I've heard much mixed praise for 2.. thankfully I am in the throes of enjoying a game I find little wrong with, so all is good.
    PROS
    -The graphics are better.
    -The fights feel more involved.
    -The characters are awesome.
    -Better skill trees.

    CONS
    -The story is worse.
    -The environments are recycled to a silly degree.
    -Enemies spawning in waves instead of all at once.


    Honestly, it has the makings of a better game, but then squanders it and comes off as equal with the first.

    I liked it, but was saddened by what could have been.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    Hello, Pods.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    it was me alistair and my dog against the world

    what good times we had

    919UOwT.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Chu, I appreciate that your sock has a hole in the exact spot that the shoe does.

    YOU KNOW NOTHING OF MEIN KAMPF

    919UOwT.png
  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I can't feel sorry for batarians, they have four eyes.

    Whatever horrors they face they had it coming.

    okay you see

    this right here

    this is the kind of thinking that keeps hard working Batarian-Americans down in the struggle for respect and dignity as a people

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    it was me alistair and my dog against the world

    what good times we had

    oh my god when I encountered the sick mabari right at the beginning of the game

    I became a little schoolgirl

    'you mean I can have a doggie in this game? if the doggie gets better he can be my doggie? and we can go on adventures together? omg!!'

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    DA:O is such a great game. I played it a shit ton. Also one of the few games were you can pretty much objectively say it was better on the PC than any other system.

    Also it contains Alistar. <3 Alistar.

    He hasn't endeared himself to me yet. His opening scene where he's teasing the mage was kind of cute, but otherwise he's been a bit of a dip.

    But I've barely started so yeah.

    He will. He takes time to develop. DA:O did a great job of developing all your characters in your party. The overall story is very standard fantasy fair but I will admit I was a bit sad when it ended. Not because the ending was bad but because the adventure had come to an end. Such a great game.

    DA2 is a ton of fun as well. But they messed around with combat and changed from world sweeping fantasy to a more focused limited story which I actually like. I still think the game could of used a few months more of development to increase the number of dungeon designs but overall it was a really fun game and I recommend it after DA:O. Oh also do Awakening, it was a lot of fun with some interesting boss fight mechanics.

    03x29di.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Someone hit my neighbor's dog and drove away (the dog is alive, but tread-marked). Later in the day they came back and said they were going to sue because their car sustained damage, and the dog was not on a leash.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    chu, put some duct tape on them from inside the show, and then get some new doctor sholes (or however it's spelled) inserts

    also

    d'awwwwww

    enhanced-buzz-wide-3817-1332532180-98.jpg

    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    I just started playing Dragon Age:Origins for the first time.

    Surprisingly good - and hard at times too. I likey.
    Great worldbuilding/characters.

    2 continues this and manages to both improve and fuck up the fighting.
    I've heard much mixed praise for 2.. thankfully I am in the throes of enjoying a game I find little wrong with, so all is good.
    PROS
    -The graphics are better.
    -The fights feel more involved.
    -The characters are awesome.
    -Better skill trees.

    CONS
    -The story is worse.
    -The environments are recycled to a silly degree.
    -Enemies spawning in waves instead of all at once.


    Honestly, it has the makings of a better game, but then squanders it and comes off as equal with the first.

    I liked it, but was saddened by what could have been.

    Another con: The metric ton of drops that are useless to you because they are only equippable on Hawke and not your companions.

  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Someone hit my neighbor's dog and drove away (the dog is alive, but tread-marked). Later in the day they came back and said they were going to sue because their car sustained damage, and the dog was not on a leash.
    fuck that

    hit him with your car and then sue

    Sloth_Sig.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Someone hit my neighbor's dog and drove away (the dog is alive, but tread-marked). Later in the day they came back and said they were going to sue because their car sustained damage, and the dog was not on a leash.

    Considering how internet mobs form, they better hope the blogs don't get a hold of that.

  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Someone hit my neighbor's dog and drove away (the dog is alive, but tread-marked). Later in the day they came back and said they were going to sue because their car sustained damage, and the dog was not on a leash.

    i would have responded by asking them if they've ever seen what a metal pipe can do to a human skull when swung with enough force

    919UOwT.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Someone hit my neighbor's dog and drove away (the dog is alive, but tread-marked). Later in the day they came back and said they were going to sue because their car sustained damage, and the dog was not on a leash.

    Address and name of this person. They have lost their right to have reproductive organs.

    03x29di.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    I just started playing Dragon Age:Origins for the first time.

    Surprisingly good - and hard at times too. I likey.
    Great worldbuilding/characters.

    2 continues this and manages to both improve and fuck up the fighting.
    I've heard much mixed praise for 2.. thankfully I am in the throes of enjoying a game I find little wrong with, so all is good.
    PROS
    -The graphics are better.
    -The fights feel more involved.
    -The characters are awesome.
    -Better skill trees.

    CONS
    -The story is worse.
    -The environments are recycled to a silly degree.
    -Enemies spawning in waves instead of all at once.


    Honestly, it has the makings of a better game, but then squanders it and comes off as equal with the first.

    I liked it, but was saddened by what could have been.

    Another con: The metric ton of drops that are useless to you because they are only equippable on Hawke and not your companions.
    I forgot about that.

    Yeah, I was disappointed in that. I wanna customize my dudes armor. :C

    Sloth_Sig.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Mazzy's killed before, he ain't scurred

    “Even as a gengar she was lovely.” ― Ovid, Metamorphoses
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    chu, put some duct tape on them from inside the show, and then get some new doctor sholes (or however it's spelled) inserts

    also

    d'awwwwww

    enhanced-buzz-wide-3817-1332532180-98.jpg

    That dog is as cute as his owner is not-cute.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Mazzy's killed before, he ain't scurred

    The heads on my wall keep me well informed on the stock market.

    03x29di.png
  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Someone hit my neighbor's dog and drove away (the dog is alive, but tread-marked). Later in the day they came back and said they were going to sue because their car sustained damage, and the dog was not on a leash.

    squint

  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    desc i always imagine your posts are said with this face of wonder and amazement

    919UOwT.png
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    Alistair was cool but I thought the game was kinda boring.

  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    desc i always imagine your posts are said with this face of wonder and amazement

    my avatar is basically a photographic image of my facial expression most of the time when I am posting


    I don't have a sweet green cloak though >:l

  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Holy shit that was the best interview-type-thing ever

    I was totally over dressed though

    I am so glad I decided to go with no jacket

  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Holy shit that was the best interview-type-thing ever

    I was totally over dressed though

    I am so glad I decided to go with no jacket

    this sounds promising!

  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    desc i always imagine your posts are said with this face of wonder and amazement

    my avatar is basically a photographic image of my facial expression most of the time when I am posting


    I don't have a sweet green cloak though >:l

    Woah buddy

    Secret Satan is still months away

    Psn:wazukki
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Registered User regular
    Thats a tough situation. Do you immediately go into maniacal laughter, or do you tell the guy to go fuck himself and close the door?

  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Aristotle also says of [Thales] that he said the magnet has a soul in it, because it moves the iron; further, that all things are full of gods.
    magnets.jpg

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    alistair is p. lame
    You are p. lame.

  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    desc i always imagine your posts are said with this face of wonder and amazement

    my avatar is basically a photographic image of my facial expression most of the time when I am posting


    I don't have a sweet green cloak though >:l

    Woah buddy

    Secret Satan is still months away

    It's never too early to drop hints >:3

  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    reinstalling mass effect 1

    shit

    is

    official

  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ICP are so hilariously not-talented and also low budget that it is impossible that people actually like them.

    PSN: Honkalot
This discussion has been closed.