Options

So someone's trying to remake Chrono Trigger again

13»

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Dusda wrote: »
    Dusda wrote: »
    *sigh*

What we've seen from the...extensions of FFVII should be a decent indicator of what we get out of direct sequels / revisions from Square. Cloud's an emo douche again for some reason covered only in some Japan-only backstory booklet and not in the movie itself, everyone can suddenly fly, none of the important events in Cloud's past happened the way the game said they did, or the way the game said they truly did after Cloud lost his damn mind and fell apart. And they have trendy flip phones.

Man, I like FFVII and all but confusing bullshit like Last Order just drives me up the fucking wall. Every thing released in the franchise just feels (to me) like the talent applied had their own ideas, but had to shoehorn it into the brand somehow.

Why did he turn into a big sulky pants?

IIRC in the last third of the game he gets it together and starts acting like a proper hero.

I don't really remember; something happened with Tifa I think, but other than Cloud suddenly being a nihilist again the only other scene that even mentions it was deleted in the original cut of Advent Children, IIRC. It's really not worth delving into.

The point is that I don't want people making sequels who aren't interested in actually building on the original. We get Chrono Cross when that happens; a fantastic game tarnished by the legacy of the series.

Two reason for Cloud's behavior:

1-He's infected with Geostigma, which is pretty much eating away at his body and soul and allows Sephiroth to screw with his mind from beyond the grave.

2-Despite searching for two years, he's unable to find a cure for said disease, which is also killing off the orphaned children under his and Tifa's care. This is actually elaborated a lot more in the Directors Cut/Blu-Ray

Tifa actually does call Cloud out on his behaviour, telling him that he's acting irrational and stupid. And he actually gets his act back together at the end of the film (again, more so in the DC, which ends with a scene of him fixing Zack's grave and telling Denzel, "This is where a hero started his journey)

In Crisis Core, we get a good look at what Cloud was like before the whole Nibelheim incident, and he's actually a rather nice, polite guy, if a little shy and socially awkward.

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Also I want a FFVII remake that replaces Cloud with Zack.

I know a lot of people don't like Crisis Core but man I loved it because of Zack. Still has one of the best/saddest endings in any game.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

I know a lot of people don't like Crisis Core but man I loved it because of Zack. Still has one of the best/saddest endings in any game.

What? People didn't like Crisis Core? Bah. That was the reason I bought a PSP and one of the 3 games I own for the thing. Still totally worth the money.

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    I really, really liked Chrono Cross.

But as a CT sequel it kinda sucked. I think all the characters really hurt it.
    It had too many characters, it's true

But I liked the narrative and the characters at the core of it

And it's not like you have to pay close attention to all those extra folks

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Jumping on the CT doesn't need a remake wagon.

FF7 could certainly use one, but not in a mechanically since. Just make the game more shiny and add in some extra fun bits.

One effect these fan-projects do have though (or any in depth Chrono Trigger discussion), it starts that old school itch up something fierce. I feel the urge to go home and start up a fresh game of CT. As I sit at work, I can literally hear the music.

Must beat up Gato. Must earn 15 silver points.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I really, really liked Chrono Cross.

But as a CT sequel it kinda sucked. I think all the characters really hurt it.

Much in the same boat. I really enjoyed Chrono Cross as a game and it is honestly one of my favorite RPGs.

But as a CT sequel it was not up to par.

Yet I never really compare Chrono Cross to Chrono Trigger, unlike other games that have had "sequels" that I refuse to acknowledge.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    My question is...why? Why does Chrono Trigger need a remake? I am playing the original, almost untouched outside of the new anime cut scenes, on my DS right now...why does it need to be better? It's still very pretty for it's era, and the graphics are absolutely part of the charm.

An HD remake of CT, especially one made by non-professional fans, just smacks of completely unneeded, and likely to hurt the game more than enhance it.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    Yeah, I have to believe they of all people understand the gravity of trying to redo FF7. At this point it's probably just their "in case of fiscal insolvency, break open glass" plan.

Problem is, that if they are in that bad of a situation they can't really afford to do it. It would be a massive and expensive undertaking. If they were in such a dire situation, they would need the remake already made but unreleased or they can't afford the development costs and time.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

What? People didn't like Crisis Core? Bah. That was the reason I bought a PSP and one of the 3 games I own for the thing. Still totally worth the money.

Yeah, a lot of people didn't like it because of Genesis. But Zack is so much more awesome than Genesis is lame, that in the end it comes out as awesome.

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Crisis Core has mediocre gameplay and a story not worth telling. It also doesn't feel like FF7 at all.

1208768734831.jpg