As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[AusPAX 2013] - Margaret River, WA - Oct/Nov 2013

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Convivulations Grat!

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Guys why is it that whenever I get this flu around the start of winter it always really fucks me up T.T

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    thanks guys

and thanks for your support in the two awful days where I thought I didn't get it, y'all are the best

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    so I got a call from my boss

the other guy turned down the job!

JOB GET
    Yayy

• Options
    fuuuuuuuuuck yes uni next week

finally I will have things to do

• Options
    Kincaid wrote: »
    theSquid wrote: »
    Wait sorry I mistook you for pixel

Classy.

?

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
  • Options
    flynnieflynnie Registered User regular
    Hey All :)
    Long time no see! Just checking to see if any of you guys will be coming tonight to watch Aaron's wrestling debut?
    John Forrest Secondary College
    Drake Street, Morley, Perth

Oh. And for those who do not yet know I got into nursing at Notre Dame starting next year AND in about 14 hours I will be flying out to USofA :)

Hope everyone is well!

xx

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »

I love the stage left exit.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    flynnie wrote: »
    Long time no see! Just checking to see if any of you guys will be coming tonight to watch Aaron's wrestling debut?

Oh. And for those who do not yet know I got into nursing at Notre Dame starting next year AND in about 14 hours I will be flying out to USofA :)

Hope everyone is well!

xx

Hey sorry I meant to RSVP earlier but I can't make it tonight. I'm getting the farm valued so I need to get a few things finished

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »

Hope everyone is well!

xx

Hey sorry I meant to RSVP earlier but I can't make it tonight. I'm getting the farm valued so I need to get a few things finished

Of course I will be.

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    God I wish I could see that.

Someone record it for me?

• Options
    flynnieflynnie Registered User regular
    Kincaid wrote: »
    God I wish I could see that.

Someone record it for me?

Yeah they are recording it on DVD. :)

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I AM DOWN LIKE CHARLIE BROWN ONCE THAT FRIGID BITCH LUCY OPENS HER LEGS.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

Hope everyone is well!

xx

Better get busy gassing them termites!

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Dang you guys, since I made Vroom free it's been downloaded over 40 thousand times

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    In app purchase for an extra level?

• Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular

Hope everyone is well!

xx

What time?

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Show just started. I'll be on in about an hour.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    Cooking dinner, won't be able to make it. Celebration drinks afterwards?

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Courtney flies out tomorrow, so I'll be spending the night with her, just taking it easy really.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    Aaron chickened out at the last moment.

I did see a ginger Mexican who had an octopus tattoo though.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Man, that was - by far - the worst trip I've ever taken with QANTAS. Their level of service has really gone into the shitter.

I can't think of another full-price airline that thinks it's acceptable in this day and age to use late-90's planes without personal in-seat entertainment on a flight lasting longer than 10 hours. That, and they were pretty light on staff numbers, too.

If anyone ever wants to go to Hawaii, either fly to Auckland and use Air New Zealand, or maybe Singapore/KL and one of the Asian carriers out of Perth. I cannot recommend that service to anyone. Or QANTAS in general, anymore.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    While it is a valid complaint about not having in flight entertainment.

Last time I took my net book, an actual book, and my headphones and didn't use the infight at all.

Qantas I find either has a grade service or super average service. Never anything in between.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    The in flight entertainment was more an example of how poor the service was then the critical issue, although I must admit frustration to having finished my books and not having more than a couple hours battery these days.

The plane is old. Flying out, there was an engineering problem and we had to wait for a new plane to get ready, leading to a 3 hour delay and a missed connection in Hawaii, adding 7 extra hours to our travel. The food and meals were incredibly poor. They were understaffed. And, being a family holiday destination, the plane was full of kids who, lacking entertainment units, spent the entire flight filling the isles and kicking the back of seats.

Mostly though, if I'm going to get a "no-frills" level of service, I'd expect to pay no-frills prices on tickets.

• Options
    Yeah I will probably avoid Qantas when possible in future, after all the shit they put their employees through.

• Options
    I'm not a huge fan of Virgin either

but their in-flight hot chocolates are pretty darn nice

• Options
    Angry letter time!

Use the phrase, "my pregnant wife."

• Options
    The girl in the seat in front of me actually spent about half an hour writing up an angry letter on her iPad. She was on her honeymoon and pregnant (maybe). Despite making a group booking months ago not a single member of her wedding party was seated within 8 rows of each other. Meaning she spent the entire hell flight separated from her brand new husband by more than half the plane on top of all the other bullshit that I was dealing with.

She spent the rest of the time reading Fifty Shades of Gray, though, so maybe she was just having difficulty going 10 hours without getting off while on Honeymoon.

Yeah, after 7 hours I had nothing better to do than voyeuristically looking at what the people around me were up to.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    That sucks. We (my family) flew there and back to Fiji on Virgin just last night. Not too bad. Very no frills, but, still, $10 for a meat pie is... a tiny bit rich.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    I tried jetstar once.

They physically changed to seat to deny you the ability to lean back.

I was unimpressed.

Cathay now have those dumb seats where, instead of leaning back. They slide forward.

Chewing up your knee room.

I am quickly becoming an old man with a list of planes I will not be on for more than two hours.

• Options
    That said. One time on thai I was on a shitty old 747 from the 70's.

It was great. So much leg room.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    but then I have a special trick to flying long haul now

prescription drugs!

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    I sure hope Air Canada don't suck!

Hahaha.

Dave, From everything I've heard.

It's terrible.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    That sucks Fishman

Luckily for me I've perfected the art of sleeping on planes. I can be asleep on the apron, maybe wake up for a meal, then pass out again and wake up as we descend

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Yeah I'm the same as Tef. Which is lucky, because as we all know- at my height legroom is a bitch.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Blake T wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    I sure hope Air Canada don't suck!

Hahaha.

Dave, From everything I've heard.

It's terrible.

I've been told from several sources that it's about on par with QANTAS, with perhaps slightly less attentive staff.

but again, powerful relaxants!

#pipe on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I hope they're powerful, because I have thought of that same strategy myself but I am concerned that I still wouldn't be able to fall asleep and then I'd just feel really groggy for the whole trip!

This discussion has been closed.