As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forming a More Perfect Union

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    compared transgendered people to ewoks

what does that even mean

transgendered people are a small and tribal race of teddy bear muppets

you know

like ewoks

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    bill has always been relatively moderate

but he is also nuts and hot tempered and that gets him into trouble

speaking of 8 o clock political talking heads, did anyone notice Keith Olbermann got fired... again?

I'll say:

35 to 1 Daily Kos contributor
    80 to 1 Countdown itunes podcast!
    120 to 1 Dies while raiding a whaling boat

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    A guy seriously said "You'll always have black skin colour"? Good grief, that is an awkward sentence. I can hardly imagine how a person constructs a sentence like that.

american police tend to have a sorta weird vernacular

and by 'weird' i mean 'what you'd expect a brain damaged robot to sound like'

That's in the UK.

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    MKR wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    A guy seriously said "You'll always have black skin colour"? Good grief, that is an awkward sentence. I can hardly imagine how a person constructs a sentence like that.

american police tend to have a sorta weird vernacular

and by 'weird' i mean 'what you'd expect a brain damaged robot to sound like'

That's in the UK.

wouldn't surprise me if this was true of most western police

AT THIS TIME I AM IN PURSUIT OF THE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE IN THE AREA AT THIS TIME.

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    what does the western nature have to do with anything in that regard

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

because i don't know how things like this work in other languages

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

speaking of 8 o clock political talking heads, did anyone notice Keith Olbermann got fired... again?

I'll say:

3 to 2 sleeping on a bed made of MONEY. He's worth at least $30 million, ESPN was mad profitable for him.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    edited April 2012

because america is the worst am i right

Jasconius on
  • Options

I'll say:

3 to 2 sleeping on a bed made of MONEY. He's worth at least $30 million, ESPN was mad profitable for him.

Olbermann doesn't sleep. He plugs into a borg like apparatus while he has the anti-freeze filtered out of his blood with dialysis.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular

because america is the worst am i right

america is pretty wack yeah

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Uh oh

Israel predicts few casualties from war with Iran
    Israeli security officials have estimated the number of casualties in Israel as a result of a military conflict with Iran would be fewer than 300.

An assessment presented to the security cabinet last weekend anticipates three weeks of rocket and missile attacks from Lebanon and Syria, as well as probably Iran and – to a limited extent – Gaza, according to reports in the Israeli media.

The projected death toll, although significant in a country with a population of 7.8m, is lower than earlier estimates.

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    We'll be done in Iraq in a week.

• Options

Isreal doesn't want to invade Iran.

They want to fuck them up and call it a day.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    yeah, I don't think they're wrong in their projections, but I think they're delusional if they don't think the world (mainly china and russia) wouldn't react in some significant way.

they would probably do something like this before the American election, though.

Langly on
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular

They want the US to fuck them up and call it a day.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »

Well, we do have the most experience blowing up brown people that live in deserts.

• Options
    edited April 2012

Isreal is more than content to fight their own wars, and they've already said publicly that they'll fly into Iran without any US support.

And the US (read: democrats) prefers that anyway.

So I don't really think it's entered into their minds that they'll convince us to launch a full scale bombing campaign on the ally of our of our most significant economic relationships.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular

I'll say:

5 to 2, dies while live blogging a glitterbombing

• Options

I'll say:

5 to 2, dies while live blogging a glitterbombing

10 to 1, his head explodes if Michelle Bachmann is chosen to be Rick Santorum's Vice President pick.

20 to 1, it implodes instead

• Options

Isreal is more than content to fight their own wars, and they've already said publicly that they'll fly into Iran without any US support.

And the US (read: democrats) prefers that anyway.

So I don't really think it's entered into their minds that they'll convince us to launch a full scale bombing campaign on the ally of our of our most significant economic relationships.

Our relationship with Israel is unique.

Both sides would prefer the other go into the hornet's nest in Iran, so they didn't have to do it themselves.

The difference being, if it comes down to the proverbial "zero hour" with a nuclear Iran, Israel has to make a move since they would be the target.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    yeah, I don't think they're wrong in their projections, but I think they're delusional if they don't think the world (mainly china and russia) wouldn't react in some significant way.

they would probably do something like this before the American election, though.

what are you worried Russia and China will do exactly in the event of an Israeli or American strike on Iranian nuclear facilities?

also I have something for you guys

it's not really a present

• Options
    Isreal isn't going to wait for the zero hour. They're just going to do it whenever they want

I think they are talking a lot about it right now because one of their biggest border threats, Syria, is pretty damn busy so it's a good time to make some noise

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    MrMonroe wrote: »

what are you worried Russia and China will do exactly in the event of an Israeli or American strike on Iranian nuclear facilities?

god damnit dude

if you gotta straight up lie about the premise of your argument then you're a pretty shit politician

i'm sure there's plenty of true things about California universities that you could be wrongly upset about!

-me to Santorum

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Ubik wrote: »

god damnit dude

if you gotta straight up lie about the premise of your argument then you're a pretty shit politician

i'm sure there's plenty of true things about California universities that you could be wrongly upset about!

-me to Santorum

If god had wanted Rick Santorum to know the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground, Rick Santorum would know the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground. Therefor Rick Santorum is automatically president, Jesus is VP, and Obama is forced to relocate to Kenya and raise goats for the rest of his life.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Uh oh

Israel predicts few casualties from war with Iran
    Israeli security officials have estimated the number of casualties in Israel as a result of a military conflict with Iran would be fewer than 300.

An assessment presented to the security cabinet last weekend anticipates three weeks of rocket and missile attacks from Lebanon and Syria, as well as probably Iran and – to a limited extent – Gaza, according to reports in the Israeli media.

The projected death toll, although significant in a country with a population of 7.8m, is lower than earlier estimates.

Israel attacks Iran

China attacks Israel

America attacks China

and then Jesus comes back and says what the hell, guys

• Options
    edited April 2012
    if anyone could get legit Jesus as a running mate i think i'd have to vote for 'em regardless

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    if anyone could get legit Jesus as a running mate i think i'd have to vote for 'em regardless

Every time there's a crisis, be it big or small, Santorum would just sing Jesus Take The Wheel and then go back to sleep.

• Options
    Hunter wrote: »

Every time there's a crisis, be it big or small, Santorum would just sing Jesus Take The Wheel and then go back to sleep.

Jesus would give Cheney a run for his money vis-a-vis expanding the power of the VP

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    vote Schwarzenegger/Jesus 2012

• Options
    vote Schwarzenegger/Jesus 2012

If it was Conan the Barbarian era Schwarzenegger and he had the fur clothing and giant broadsword, I'd vote for him as President for life. No country would fuck with the US and President Conan. Punching camels, decapitating giant snakes, and fucking Valkyries err'day.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Isreal isn't going to wait for the zero hour. They're just going to do it whenever they want

I think they are talking a lot about it right now because one of their biggest border threats, Syria, is pretty damn busy so it's a good time to make some noise

I think they're pretty happy watching another Ba'athist regime die horribly

the Israeli leadership is legitimately convinced that Iran poses an existential threat and buying a few years is fine for them

they can just do it again in a few years

• Options

I think they're pretty happy watching another Ba'athist regime die horribly

the Israeli leadership is legitimately convinced that Iran poses an existential threat and buying a few years is fine for them

they can just do it again in a few years

I read that as Batarian regime and immediately wanted Eugene Shepardwitz to drop meteor on Iran.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What is this "zero hour with Iran" stuff. Like Iran is just dying to drop a nuke on Israel and have everything it ever was and could be turned into glowing dust.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    would you settle for a non-union facsimile of Jesus? perhaps just a latin guy named Jesús?

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/stop-government-snooping#petition

No idea if this will achieve anything, but I went ahead and signed it.

vOv

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

china and russia do not want to get involved in that whole mess, mostly because they know we will

and really, they don't want that to be a thing

also serious post, really want israel and iran to completely annihilate each other

• Options
    where do i go to sign a petition to let me watch british people sleep

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    What is this "zero hour with Iran" stuff. Like Iran is just dying to drop a nuke on Israel and have everything it ever was and could be turned into glowing dust.

I was just trying to paint a worst case scenario, not a realistic or current one.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

I think specifically zero hour would be the point where Iran could retaliate with a nuke if they were attacked. Right now they likely can't but that window is closing fast.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    where do I sign the petition to let me sleep with british people

ikbUJdU.jpg
This discussion has been closed.