As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forming a More Perfect Union

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    tubgirl, hunter

in our day we had tubgirl

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    This is just a terrible discussion.

i know

it sucks when people of dissenting opinions show up

And the DeaconBlues Martyr of the Year statue will be awarded early in 2012...

foolproof and ascis dont get a shot at the title?

those are literal crazypeople/trolls, they don't count.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    as a paleo-anarchist the only answer is to convert to dinosaurs or be killed

you know what game owned?

E.V.O.

fuck yeah it did

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    tubgirl, hunter

Don't forget lemon party and orca stacks.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    tubgirl, hunter

I can't, man

I can't

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Like, if you're going to take the position that Capitalism is fundamentally evil, then ok, we're at a bypass here, because I don't think that's true. But if you seriously think that you're being pretty accurate in your assessment that rich people, in the majority, get there only by being unethical in the capitalist system and by overtly trying to harming those around them other people

you're crazy.

i changed that a little to be 'bout right

and yet not substantially less crazy

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    tubgirl, hunter

Can it be that it was all so simple then?

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Langly wrote: »
    Like, if you're going to take the position that Capitalism is fundamentally evil, then ok, we're at a bypass here, because I don't think that's true. But if you seriously think that you're being pretty accurate in your assessment that rich people, in the majority, get there only by being unethical in the capitalist system and by overtly trying to harming those around them other people

you're crazy.

i changed that a little to be 'bout right

and yet not substantially less crazy

really, though

because the crazy part is attributing these things to overt and conscious diabolical mechanations

otherwise i reckon that is not a crazy thing to think at all

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    i missed out on orca stacks but it sounds like a whale of a good time

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    tubgirl, hunter

I can't, man

I can't

Pillowfight.

• Options
    tubgirl, hunter

I can't, man

I can't

Nam style flashbacks of pages and pages of juan cock.

• Options
    juancock is one of the first things i remember from these forums

i was 13

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    tubgirl, hunter

I can't, man

I can't

Nam style flashbacks of pages and pages of juan cock.

bergy v bogey

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    racist

Say what you want, but Deacon had the best troll of all time on Evander. Epic in scope and a precision final reveal for the ages.

dish, dish

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    I remember Borfase's spectacular self-immolation.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    When we were young there were monkeys drinking piss and juan cocks as far as the eye could see.

• Options
    i missed out on a lot of important old SE++ culture

because I was busy debating pokemon and Tribes 2 in G&T

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I miss my old forum that I spent a lot of time in

it was all about nudity and cusses and BROTHERLY LOVE and hot dominican skaterboys

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    That I can mostly agree with Jasconius.

I think the tax rate on the richest individual brackets is way too low (lowest since 1925), but corporate taxes are another clusterfuck that needs dealt with.

In 1925 there were so many deductions available the richest individuals weren't even paying taxes in the end. You have no idea what you're talking about. Stop spitting out talking points and actually spend some time researching taxation and it's history.

List of tax rates by year.

It was meant to be nothing more than a reference point, not a value judgement.

It was a pointless reference as you are comparing rates of two entirely different systems of taxation. The 70-ish% rates of the past were all part of a system that was even more convoluted and considerably less progressive than it is now. That's why it has undergone periods of reform over the last 90 years. Believe it or not we have evolved from 1925. As much as the tax system sucks in this country it used to be far worse.

Where I can read more about this? The stuff I've found so far is rather basic and doesn't get past "X% in year Y and went to Z% in year B"

Not even being snarky (sorry about that), I'd like to learn more.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I miss my old forum that I spent a lot of time in

it was all about nudity and cusses and BROTHERLY LOVE and hot dominican skaterboys

that sounds pretty alright.

• Options
    i lurked here for ages when i was in high school and a little after

i saw the unfair banning competition

i saw the whining forum that got merged into one colossal trainwreck

i saw whatstheirdicks the mods, one stepped down and one flipped out and posted clown dick, and then everyone hated each other for like a month

place is way more chill now

glad i finally made an account

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »
    racist

Say what you want, but Deacon had the best troll of all time on Evander. Epic in scope and a precision final reveal for the ages.

dish, dish

DeaconBlues was a hybrid troll type that would take any and all conservative view point. Some he clearly agreed with, and others to just troll the left leaning members of what he perceived as the majority of SE++ at the time.

At one point during a heated debate, back when flames were hot and shitcock was flung about openly [before the Silly Goose Initiative], Deacon stopped another very left leaning forumer named Evander with a simple argument. Evander is the large jew. Not large as in very religious, although he did discuss his faith, but large as in Evander was an enormous man mountain in a not fat but near giant in proportion.

Deacon claimed his position could not be racist because he himself was black. This stopped Evander cold. He could not continue.

At least a year later, during some other random debate, Deacon then calls out Evander for not pursuing some tangent on race because Evander thought Deacon was black. In fact Deacon was not black, but he did troll-prove his point very well that when perceived as black he couldn't be racist or was allowed to hold certain viewpoint without having a race card infraction. The reveal was staggering and knocked Evander out for the count. A year + troll and then BAM!

Well executed. DeaconBlues, no matter what differences we may have had, will always hold the title of greatest troll and reveal.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    My arrival marks the first important event in SE++ culture

no records exist of the time prior to that, because all agree that, objectively, nothing worthwhile happened

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    racist

dish, dish

DeaconBlues was a hybrid troll type that would take any and all conservative view point. Some he clearly agreed with, and others to just troll the left leaning members of what he perceived as the majority of SE++ at the time.

At one point during a heated debate, back when flames were hot and shitcock was flung about openly [before the Silly Goose Initiative], Deacon stopped another very left leaning forumer named Evander with a simple argument. Evander is the large jew. Not large as in very religious, although he did discuss his faith, but large as in Evander was an enormous man mountain in a not fat but near giant in proportion.

Deacon claimed his position could not be racist because he himself was black. This stopped Evander cold. He could not continue.

At least a year later, during some other random debate, Deacon then calls out Evander for not pursuing some tangent on race because Evander thought Deacon was black. In fact Deacon was not black, but he did troll-prove his point very well that when perceived as black he couldn't be racist or was allowed to hold certain viewpoint without having a race card infraction. The reveal was staggering and knocked Evander out for the count. A year + troll and then BAM!

Well executed. DeaconBlues, no matter what differences we may have had, will always hold the title of greatest troll and reveal.

there's a lot of greats in the game of trolling, though. Moriarty, Ketchum_Ash...

• Options
    i thought deacon was black for a long time too

dude was a master (assface)

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    evander wasn't the only one too

pretty much everybody just immediately stopped criticizing him as racist when they thought he was black

which is hilarious because they were all liberals and whoops suddenly scared cow

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Deacon played the race card a shitload over that year

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    racist

dish, dish

there's a lot of greats in the game of trolling, though. Moriarty, Ketchum_Ash...

KA wasn't a troll

he was just a really pathetic dude

now moriarty

that was a troll

• Options
    racist

dish, dish

i maintain that k_a wasn't a troll

just a stupid ass

• Options
    racist

dish, dish

KA wasn't a troll

he was just a really pathetic dude

now moriarty

that was a troll

for the sake of my own sanity i have to believe he was. i know it may not be true, but my mind cannot bear any other conclusion.

• Options
    evander wasn't the only one too

pretty much everybody just immediately stopped criticizing him as racist when they thought he was black

which is hilarious because they were all liberals and whoops suddenly scared cow

Definitely. Evander stands out because he was target zero, but Deacon conned so many people. It truly was a masterstroke.

• Options
    wasn't ketchum related to another poster here

like he is their autistic brother

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    i remember seeing moriarty

and i remember him being creepy as heck sometimes

but i don't remember him trolling

• Options

you're thinking of Clawshrimpy, who was... uh... someone's brother.

Wiggin maybe, i dunno.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

clawshrimpy, of Digimon fame, I believe.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options

Wiggin maybe, i dunno.

Uriel

• Options

Wiggin maybe, i dunno.

Uriel

YES, thank you.

• Options
    Wiggin, ketchum...boys

Chronyx...there's a champion

• Options
    fuckin' Chronyx! dats some old-school shit.

i believe that was a sloppy cosplay thread was it not?

also, where'd Wiggin go? i miss that little fella.

• Options
    i wish we still had randall_flagg for these threads sometimes

just so we had someone seriously reprehensible in here

i mean obviously pip and jasc are hitler but RF was the blurst

reposig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.