As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Operation Raptor is Over! Kwoaru lusts for Batarians on page 101

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I've already written the email

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Also, regarding Kai Leng:
    If you don't take the Renegade Interrupt to break his sword and stab him, does he just kill you?
    no, you dodge and then kill him the same way.

basically, it's just not as cool
    Ah, thanks,

Are cutscenes playing in slo-mo during Priority: Earth a thing that normally happens?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    dear mass effect game designers:

this pistol is too beautiful for this world. why would you inflict such perfection onto my life. now that I have seen true divinity, I can no longer appreciate any other aspects of the world.

You complete assholes.

love,
    Langly

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    oh my god charging around with a fellow brogan is the most fun

laughing together

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    So, I beat the game last night. I'm told it was the red ending.
    Well, isn't that just a hell of a thing. Let's review:

Joker is flying away from I don't know what.

My girlfriend (Tali) is on some paradise planet with Joker and Javik.

I killed EDI and Joker looks pretty happy considering that his girlfriend is dead in the seat next to him.

I'm dead....mostly. Apparently I'm still breathing because, you know, I'm fucking Shepard.

HOW THE FUCK DID THE CREW GET BACK ON THE NORMANDY?!

Is the follow up in the Mass Effect universe going to be what happens when every alien military force in the galaxy tries to call earth home because fuck if they can't make it back to their own places because we just blew up the relays?

Anderson is dead because I shot him by mistake....I think?

...I just wanted a house on Rannoch.

Going to go back later today and throw myself in the beam and go for the Star Trek Undiscovered Country ending and create synthetic organic hybrids.

To further with these thoughts because I need to talk this out:
    I was moved to tears by the conversation with Garrus before I went to talk with Anderson and begin the assault. This game and this series found a way to resonate with me in ways that I wasn't expecting. I mean, I knew it was good..hell, I knew it was great, but daaaaaamn. He was my boy through all of the games and I just watched him become paste thanks to a reaper beam.

In the end, it was one of the best games I've ever played. And, while I'm not a fan of the ending (I don't mind Shep mostly dying and the lack of closure, but plot holes bug me) I'll still end up playing it over and over again.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    dear bioware

please delete langly's paladin

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    in fact, screw the phaseton

gonna roll falcon/eagle

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    dear bioware

please delete langly's paladin

I'm starting a petition

"Retake Langy's pistols"

"And give them to me"

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    When do I get to bubble-hearth?

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    On further review, bookmarks work terribly for the purpose of just anchoring threads

I don't want half my screen covered in SOMEONE POSTED IN THIS THREAD

...I know they did, I'll come back to it, thanks Vanilla

(It's a nice feature if you really need to track posts in a thread though)

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    I love multiplayer engineer though I'm thinking the human engineer might be way better than the Quarian I just unlocked. Overload >> Cry Blast and Combat Drone is easier to aim into a crowd.
    But you can get so many kills/assists with a well-placed Sentry Turret.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    you can take this pistol from my cold, dead, three fingered hands

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I love multiplayer engineer though I'm thinking the human engineer might be way better than the Quarian I just unlocked. Overload >> Cry Blast and Combat Drone is easier to aim into a crowd.

Maybe but the aggro potential of drone is so good and it's explosion damage is pretty sick too. I still need to play my Quarian more but so far I prefer the drone and I really miss having overload.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    I think when I get the chance tomorrow I am going to try out the salarian engineer I keep unlocking

• Options

Maybe but the aggro potential of drone is so good and it's explosion damage is pretty sick too. I still need to play my Quarian more but so far I prefer the drone and I really miss having overload.

I want an Arc Pistol just to work around that for my Quarian.

• Options
    I just love cloaking and being able to run around the map unhindered so much.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    pistols are lame

except the talon

• Options
    I think when I get the chance tomorrow I am going to try out the salarian engineer I keep unlocking

I hope you've stocked up on incendiary ammo

that's when the real fun starts

• Options
    I do get frustrated when I am playing cerberus and I'm trying to get to someone to revive them, there seems to be no way to stop the stomp on face animation for them. Energy drain stuns, but not when they are doing that. Really annoying.

• Options
    Did anyone doing a new game plus (dlc spoilers)
    get a bug where quest stuff doesn't show up? I can't find any of the eden prime stuff for the war assets. Does new game plus mean I don't have to?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    So, I beat the game last night. I'm told it was the red ending.
    Well, isn't that just a hell of a thing. Let's review:

Joker is flying away from I don't know what.

My girlfriend (Tali) is on some paradise planet with Joker and Javik.

I killed EDI and Joker looks pretty happy considering that his girlfriend is dead in the seat next to him.

I'm dead....mostly. Apparently I'm still breathing because, you know, I'm fucking Shepard.

HOW THE FUCK DID THE CREW GET BACK ON THE NORMANDY?!

Is the follow up in the Mass Effect universe going to be what happens when every alien military force in the galaxy tries to call earth home because fuck if they can't make it back to their own places because we just blew up the relays?

Anderson is dead because I shot him by mistake....I think?

...I just wanted a house on Rannoch.

Going to go back later today and throw myself in the beam and go for the Star Trek Undiscovered Country ending and create synthetic organic hybrids.

To further with these thoughts because I need to talk this out:
    I was moved to tears by the conversation with Garrus before I went to talk with Anderson and begin the assault. This game and this series found a way to resonate with me in ways that I wasn't expecting. I mean, I knew it was good..hell, I knew it was great, but daaaaaamn. He was my boy through all of the games and I just watched him become paste thanks to a reaper beam.

In the end, it was one of the best games I've ever played. And, while I'm not a fan of the ending (I don't mind Shep mostly dying and the lack of closure, but plot holes bug me) I'll still end up playing it over and over again.

Ending stuff
    I'd like to say again that I wish the game had just let Garrus die next to Shep in the beam, instead of magically transporting him to the Normandy in the ending that I got. It would have been beautiful and sad and I would have loved it. I still can't wrap my head around why Bioware put him on that planet for all of my endings. It makes me feel like not romancing Garrus is the kindest thing for him, since it means he won't be stranded on a planet bereft of his kind an without food. He'll just die like a soldier, like he would have wanted.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    dear mass effect game designers:

this pistol is too beautiful for this world. why would you inflict such perfection onto my life. now that I have seen true divinity, I can no longer appreciate any other aspects of the world.

You complete assholes.

love,
    Langly

It's still not on the level of ME1's Spectre pistol + rank 10 Marksman = best DPS in the game, especially since it had pretty much 0 cooldown.

(yeah I started that again)

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Is use the Paladin some type of slang for Hunter using a sniper rifle and shooting some guy in the face from far away while cloaked?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Langly the Salarian Engineer is

so good

At least if you're the sort of person that likes being able to tear through any sort of enemy defense and also to make banshees stand there confused while you incinerate their armor

Seriously Salarians are the best. I love the Salarian Infiltrator almost as much.

• Options
    get a bug where quest stuff doesn't show up? I can't find any of the eden prime stuff for the war assets. Does new game plus mean I don't have to?

I found two, but I don't know how many there usually are and the quest is always still in my journal

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    when sal eng decoy doesnt work right it is so sad

but oh boy when it does, you are a god king

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Hunter wrote: »
    Is use the Paladin some type of slang for Hunter using a sniper rifle and shooting some guy in the face from far away while cloaked?

Well, as an infiltrator who uses the paladin,

Yes?

It does more damage than most sniper rifles, is semi automatic (rather than bolt action), and weighs a pittance.

If you like to snipe, use the carnifex/paladin.

• Options
    I must now buy this for Xbox so I can multiplayer. All my game saves are on PC though, but I doubt my PC could handle multiplayer without looking like a slide show.

Bioware needs to design a way to transfer saved games from platform to platform. GET ON THAT!

• Options

Well, as an infiltrator who uses the paladin,

Yes?

It does more damage than most sniper rifles, is semi automatic (rather than bolt action), and weighs a pittance.

If you like to snipe, use the carnifex/paladin.

Sniping with a pistol goes against my morals. It's what democrats, satan worshipers, and evolutionists would do.

• Options
    I thought you could

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

I found two, but I don't know how many there usually are and the quest is always still in my journal

there are three

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I must now buy this for Xbox so I can multiplayer. All my game saves are on PC though, but I doubt my PC could handle multiplayer without looking like a slide show.

Bioware needs to design a way to transfer saved games from platform to platform. GET ON THAT!

Also the paladin talk is for multiplayer. It is definitely inferior to psniper rifles if you have the concentration mod, which isn't in mp

• Options
    I thought you could

Show me how and I'll make your dick a wonderland.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Paladin still rules in single player. I use it exclusively with my Sentinel.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »

There's a third one in a building that you can only get to by climbing into it up a few crates into an opening.

• Options
    Paladin still rules in single player. I use it exclusively with my Sentinel.

You're playing Infiltrator wrong.

• Options
    Playing infiltrator is basically just playing a point and click adventure game

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I thought you could

Show me how and I'll make your dick a wonderland.

http://www.masseffectsaves.com/xbox.php

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    looks like they don't have anything for ME3 yet though from a quick glance

• Options
    Well maybe it depends on what you want to do. You can definitely edit pc me2 saves and put them on an xbox ME3 game. I'm not sure if what you want is current ME3 saves back and forth

This discussion has been closed.