As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Operation Raptor is Over! Kwoaru lusts for Batarians on page 101

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    who needs identity when you're a melee death god

hey man, I'm the one trying to advocate more melee damage

not my fault sentinels are weak babies who need damage reduction

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Hmm, tech armor detonation is a pretty fun build on a turian

the stagger lets you follow up with a heavy melee, then your armor is charged again

Of course this is only on bronze

xmassig2.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Also I don't like the delay in firing you get from the phalanx

I'll stick to my predator until I get an eagle

xmassig2.gif
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    pff bronze

any build will work on bronze

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

fighting words

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    pff bronze

any build will work on bronze

Drell vanguard.

Krogun and shuriken machine pistol.

fighting words

my melee boost is literally double your baby armor

*headbutt*

PNk1Ml4.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    man, my sentinel takes a centurian to half health from full sheilds with no buffs outside of tech armour and the shotgun knife. kills them in one hit after that, ruins phantoms while raging.

There is literally no need for more damage

edited April 2012
    what if you could take that centurion down from full shields to dead

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    i would have to play soldier, which is not acceptable. and using powers, also not acceptable.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I love the drell vanguard on bronze

I'm gonna try bringing him up to the big leagues tomorrow

I feel like I can make this work

what powers

just replace your shitty lift grenade with a better inferno grenade, no need for carnage at all

PNk1Ml4.png
    blasting off fortification is power usage.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I really love Carnage

lets me keep firing in situations in which I am unable to fire (reloading, enemy behind cover)

plus it's crowd control

well it's a power, not powers

PNk1Ml4.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    well it's a power, not powers

Semantics.

not really, because there is a very large gap between managing 1 power and managing multiple powers

PNk1Ml4.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    People talking shit about sentinels is adorable

Hell nah sentinel isn't flashy, what it is is efficient

It's a tank class, it distracts everyone so squishy types can use their fancy powers in peace

Or to run into the middle of 5 guys to revive someone with bullets bouncing off them the whole way

Sentinels just don't give a dang

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I know this was like seven pages ago, but

My ultimate opinion on people who want the ending changed is that they can shut up, and it has nothing to do with integrity or true art or business or any of that nonsense

I didn't get to demand they film a new ending to The Matrix Revolutions or any other dissatisfying film I've ever seen, and if I went around saying I had a right to that then I'd be laughed out of town

Such is the only reasonable response to demands like this

It's not the optimum build but I'm having a ton of fun with tech armor detonation

xmassig2.gif
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

My ultimate opinion on people who want the ending changed is that they can shut up, and it has nothing to do with integrity or true art or business or any of that nonsense

I didn't get to demand they film a new ending to The Matrix Revolutions or any other dissatisfying film I've ever seen, and if I went around saying I had a right to that then I'd be laughed out of town

I think it would be really neat if they changed the ending

does that opinion automatically make me some sort of crazy?

no, not at all

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    optimum builds are kinda silly anyway. so long as you aren't a net negative to the team just do whatever is the most fun.

edited April 2012
    you'd need a lot more than a new ending for The Matrix Revolutions

ME3 is pretty unusual in how fast the otherwise excellent quality dips for just the last couple minutes

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm really tired of being generalized when it comes to this whole ending thing

yeah, sure

lot of douches out there

I don't like them either

just don't equivocate me to them

thanks

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Elendil wrote: »
    I really love Carnage

lets me keep firing in situations in which I am unable to fire (reloading, enemy behind cover)

plus it's crowd control

Especially when you're running around with a shotgun or something that takes a moment to reload

I think I'm gonna try a human soldier shotgun and concussive shot spamming build for just that purpose

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    If you're not getting insulted in this thread you should be concerned
    Because insults are how we show our love for each other

Like Dichotomy is the King of Bad Opinions
    and -Tal is a space racist
    And Bugboy isn't really even a bug

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    optimum builds are kinda silly anyway. so long as you aren't a net negative to the team just do whatever is the most fun.

Had a level 5 engineer try and join our silver run earlier.

man, i joined a silver game with a level 1 engineer and was in second place pretty much the entire time.

you'd need a lot more than a new ending for The Matrix Revolutions

ME3 is pretty unusual in how fast the otherwise excellent quality dips for just the last couple minutes

Which is a reason for hope as much as anything.

Bad half the game, nothing to be done. Remake in 5-10 years, if you're lucky.

Bad ending? There we've got something. No guarantees, but it's fixable.

Dubh wrote: »

yeah, sure

lot of douches out there

I don't like them either

thanks

Okay, I'm sorry about that

But see just there, you said you think it would be neat! That sounds reasonable, I ain't trying to badmouth your opinion on that

I'm mostly talking about the super vocal ones who act like it's a god-given right that a video game company rework the ending of a project

But none of those people post here!

Oh and also, while we're on the topic, I want people who don't want to talk about the ending anymore to shut up about not wanting to talk about it.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the whole conversation is going in circles by now and it's pointless.

But you're in the freaking Mass Effect thread, if you're sick of hearing people talk about Mass Effect I've got a really simple plan that involves leaving the freaking Mass Effect thread

Or alternately, simply start talking about something else and wait for people to respond!

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    level 1s are fine on silver

Gold is a bit tricky, but probably doable.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

I think it would be really neat if they changed the ending

does that opinion automatically make me some sort of crazy?

no, not at all

:^:

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • PonyPony Registered User regular

yeah, sure

lot of douches out there

I don't like them either

thanks

But see just there, you said you think it would be neat! That sounds reasonable, I ain't trying to badmouth your opinion on that

I'm mostly talking about the super vocal ones who act like it's a god-given right that a video game company rework the ending of a project

no one is on the other side of this

don't yell at us

it hurts

OH MY GOD KROGAN SOLDIER YES

QUICK DUDES GIVE ME A GOOD BUILD FOR A 18 KROGAN SOLDIER

Pony wrote: »

yeah, sure

lot of douches out there

I don't like them either

thanks

no one is on the other side of this

don't yell at us

it hurts

I KNOW YOU FEEL THIS, PONY

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I love my Turian Sentinel. I go with a 6/3/6/5/6 point spread, just running around and Chain Overloading everything that I can and tossing in Warp when needed. Weapon-wise I go with the Mattock which seems to work well as it's up to rank X and has an Armor Piercing mod attached to it.

Fortification: Melee/Recharge/Durability
    Berserker: Weapon Damage/Headshots/Weapon Damage
    Rage: Melee/Martial Artist/Melee
    Inferno Grenade: Damage

PNk1Ml4.png

Fortification: Melee/Recharge/Durability
    Berserker: Weapon Damage/Headshots/Weapon Damage
    Rage: Melee/Martial Artist/Melee
    Inferno Grenade: Damage

i will give this a shot

if it doesn't work at all i have a respec card

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Anyone running Silver matches right now? I've got a lv.16 Salarian Engineer that needs a promotin'.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.