As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Class of Heroes 2 - PSN Release Date is 6/4.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    So, third game when?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    He hinted they're already working on it at the Gaijinworks board.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Is there a way to change shipping adress for those that moved? Because the physical sphipment is now waaaaaaay delayed..

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    You should be able to email Vic when they send the confirmations for an update, or so I gather.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Maybe I should just wait for the third one. :P

• Options
    RexpopRexpop Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    So, third game when?

In about 18 months, if the time from the CoH2 Kickstarter to now is any indication.

• Options
    Rexpop wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    So, third game when?

In about 18 months, if the time from the CoH2 Kickstarter to now is any indication.

The game came out before now, though. I think we'll have it in eight.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Physical apparently will be shipping tomorrow or Friday. You should have gotten an email from Vic with your address on it if you ordered physical.

Version 2.0 will be available on October 15th. Includes the English opening (whoopity doo), a fix for the rather huge Alchemy recipe bug, a modified minimap, and a bunch of "tweaks and fixes." Not sure on what any of that means.

• Options
    Hopefully music in the dungeon, namely that awesome creepy tune that plays when you bring up the menu.

Also, I got my email yesterday. :D

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    Physical apparently will be shipping tomorrow or Friday. You should have gotten an email from Vic with your address on it if you ordered physical.

Version 2.0 will be available on October 15th. Includes the English opening (whoopity doo), a fix for the rather huge Alchemy recipe bug, a modified minimap, and a bunch of "tweaks and fixes." Not sure on what any of that means.

So do we have to re download or will it patch or what exactly?

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

So do we have to re download or will it patch or what exactly?

You can either redownload it or apply a patch, if it's anything like Elminage. (Highlight the game from the XMB and there's a 'search for updates' option or some such.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Vic says to delete your copy and redownload, not sure if applying a patch will work.

• Options
    Can't see why not, it worked for DJ MAX Portable 3 and Elminage.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BWp_9p3IcAA8p_O.jpg

Update's out apparently.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Uploaded with Victor's permission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxTmncdaMZk

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Amg

X2azNSg.jpg

93xNx9z.jpg

RIOcVds.jpg

• Options
    4cAbohX.png

Legit, from the first issue of Retro.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    What is that? And what is Retro?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    A new gaming magazine. And that's the PS3 version of CoH2, supporting PSP cross-play(a new thing, the PSP will show supplementary data like maps and such).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    A new gaming magazine. And that's the PS3 version of CoH2, supporting PSP cross-play(a new thing, the PSP will show supplementary data like maps and such).

Is that the "Vic had to get Sony to add functionality to the PSP/Vita" thing he was talking about?

Because if so, holy cow, that's actually pretty huge.

But yeah, CoH 2G is the best news ever. I was rather upset when it didn't happen after the kickstarter stalled.

CoH 3 is definitely in the works as well. And presumably, CoH 3G.

• Options

Is that the "Vic had to get Sony to add functionality to the PSP/Vita" thing he was talking about?

But yeah, CoH 2G is the best news ever. I was rather upset when it didn't happen after the kickstarter stalled.

And then hopefully CoH 3G Tri Ultimate Remix.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Donnicton wrote: »

I don't recall there being one of those. But you did get me to look it up:

Class of Heroes (PSP)
    Class of Heroes 2 (PSP)
    Class of Heroes 2G (PS3, includes what amounts to an expansion pack)
    Class of Heroes 3 (PSP and PS3) (Character creation video)
    Class of Heroes 3D (Aka CoH 4, for the 3DS)
    Class of Heroes FINAL ~Freshman Princess~ (PSP remake of 3D)
    New Class of Heroes ~Academy of Time~ (Traditional RPG, not a Wizardry Clone, but uses the same class/race setup.)

If I'm reading the machine-translation right, CoH 3D/FINAL is a direct sequel to 3, taking place 1 year later? It doesn't matter, as the chances of us getting CoH FINAL and New Class of Heroes is pretty low, unless PSP games continue to be a thing for a while and Vic Ireland remains steadfast.

Acquire went on to make Mind ≒ 0, a Persona clone (read as "Mind Approximately Equal to Zero") which NIS is localizing, as well as Akiba Trip 1 and 2, Road to Dragons (an android/iOS puzzle/RPG that's region locked), as well as Divine Gate (a social monster-catcher published by the Puzzle & Dragons guys, GunHo). I'm not quite certain what Zer0Div went on to do, actually.

So back on topic: What was everyone's party in CoH2? I think rather than dig out my CoH2 save that I didn't get far in, I'll start over on my shiny new Vita.

KiTA on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Gaijinworks has another localized PSP game in the pipe that will be revealed when the full issue of Retro hits in early January. CoH2G was one of the two announcements they're making in that issue.

• Options
    No one's announced Mind 0 for localization to my knowledge.

And my team is Fighter/Samurai/Berserker | Ranger/Sage/Puppeteer.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

I don't recall there being one of those. But you did get me to look it up:

Class of Heroes (PSP)
    Class of Heroes 2 (PSP)
    Class of Heroes 2G (PS3, includes what amounts to an expansion pack)
    Class of Heroes 3 (PSP and PS3) (Character creation video)
    Class of Heroes 3D (Aka CoH 4, for the 3DS)
    Class of Heroes FINAL ~Freshman Princess~ (PSP remake of 3D)
    New Class of Heroes ~Academy of Time~ (Traditional RPG, not a Wizardry Clone, but uses the same class/race setup.)

If I'm reading the machine-translation right, CoH 3D/FINAL is a direct sequel to 3, taking place 1 year later? It doesn't matter, as the chances of us getting CoH FINAL and New Class of Heroes is pretty low, unless PSP games continue to be a thing for a while and Vic Ireland remains steadfast.

Acquire went on to make Mind ≒ 0, a Persona clone (read as "Mind Approximately Equal to Zero") which NIS is localizing, as well as Akiba Trip 1 and 2, Road to Dragons (an android/iOS puzzle/RPG that's region locked), as well as Divine Gate (a social monster-catcher published by the Puzzle & Dragons guys, GunHo). I'm not quite certain what Zer0Div went on to do, actually.

So back on topic: What was everyone's party in CoH2? I think rather than dig out my CoH2 save that I didn't get far in, I'll start over on my shiny new Vita.

I feel like that not only went over your head, but it then exploded afterward.

• Options
    No one's announced Mind 0 for localization to my knowledge.

And my team is Fighter/Samurai/Berserker | Ranger/Sage/Puppeteer.

Huh, I thought NIS was doing Mind ~ 0? Oh wait, that was Demon Gaze. Damn.

• Options
    Mind 0 was not treated very kindly in reviews. Sure I'd try it if localized, but it's not likely.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Mind 0 was not treated very kindly in reviews. Sure I'd try it if localized, but it's not likely.

Oh? Damn. :(

So in other news, I managed to migrate my saves from the PSP to the Vita, but don't care about this sorry lot, so probably will be starting over. Which sends me right back into choice shock. Apparently the way to go is casters in CoH 2, they're just overpowered as hell.

So, thinking a Dragon Knight, Berserker, and Beast in front, with... Necromancer, Sage, and Summoner in back? Maybe? That leaves me with no one to pick locks, though. Ugh. Oh, and I want a Fallen. Damnit.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So Vic Ireland posted something on the Gamefaqs boards re: sales:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959137-class-of-heroes-2/67978539

It's apparently... not exactly flying off shelves.. Around 6-7k sales. The EU release should hopefully bring in some sales, but at this rate CoH 4/5 are in danger of not happening. =/

KiTA on
  • Options
    So Vic Ireland posted something on the Gamefaqs boards re: sales:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959137-class-of-heroes-2/67978539

It's apparently... not exactly flying off shelves.. Around 6-7k sales. The EU release should hopefully bring in some sales, but at this rate CoH 4/5 are in danger of not happening. =/

That's really not bad for such a niche game. It's not even a great one. It's a solid game, but nothing fantastic. It's a good game with a great localization.

Whereas Elminage was a fantastic game with a terrible one. Sadly, I know which I'm more likely to replay.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    From the Japanese wiki:

Class of Heroes 2G Differences:

1. Kanji can be used in character names
    2. Different character portraits can be chosen (?? This is already in 2? Or just in 2 US? Or are there alternates?)
    3. New Dungeon: 闇への門 (Yami he no mon) -- The Gate of Darkness. Includes new quests for that dungeon.
    4. PS3 Achievements
    5. PS3 HDD Install, although apparently load times are quick even without it.
    6. Limited Voice Acting
    7. NPC Party Members. Several NPCs are added to the character roster after beating the game. They're generally very powerful.
    8. Bugfixes. All crash bugs and most annoyances were fixed. (The point of no return quests are NOT bugs and were NOT fixed.)
    9. Alchemists got a huge buff: 28 new spells (all Sorc spells, effectively), MP gain went up from B to A rank (2500 MP at level 99 instead of 2000), XP and Soul Circle numbers changed to patch Idol (very low). Basically, they're now fast leveling super-sorcerers -- that can do item crafting, too.
    10. Geomancers got a smaller buff (they have a skill that makes them hit the entire enemy group now)
    11. Idols got a buff: They have an ability that doubles the effect of songs.
    12. A new Union Attack: "Purified Magic Circle:" Full Heal + Status Effect removal
    13. L2 and R2 were added as shortcuts for the item bag.
    14. Some early game traps were toned down and removed.
    15. Some techniques were nerfed:
    "Heavenly Sword" / "Heaven Sword" (Samurai Level 29) ... either now causes instant death or no longer causes instant death. Can't tell.
    Geomancer's "Rainbow" attack no longer causes petrification, instead it causes instant death, like Beast / Ninja attacks
    Shiva (Sage 28) now causes petrification.
    16. The special Novice only gear got a name change (from "Yoi~" to "God's Light"
    17. A specific Katana ("七支刀", a level 77 katana) now does 7 hits at 154-616 damage a hit - this makes Samurai actually really good again. This is up from 84~126 x7. Remember, you can dual wield these.

Things that weren't changed:

1. No new illustrations (there were reports that they added more art to the game, they didn't)
    2. You're still going to be using the left stick a lot.
    3. Gnomes still can't be sorcerers (but Alchemists are basically super-sorcerers now)
    4. Ragnarok wasn't nerfed (but was in CoH3 apparently)
    5. Cassata desert is still insane.

Bugs that were added:

1. Game can freeze during HDD install
    2. Volume can be a bit random at times (it's a bug with Dolby Digital's Normalization)
    3. Something... about alchemy and maps causing weird stuff?
    4. Auto-combat can get weird if the enemy changes rows
    5. Auto-combat with someone running away causes anyone not running away to skip their turns
    6. The anti-Demon and anti-Fish ability of some weapons, when used with the improved two handed ability, glitches, causing them to do very little damage. This affects some bosses.

• Options
    2. Different character portraits can be chosen (?? This is already in 2? Or just in 2 US? Or are there alternates?)

You can use the portraits for any class, basically. There's only one per race per class. Maybe G expands on that?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

You can use the portraits for any class, basically. There's only one per race per class. Maybe G expands on that?

That's what I was getting at. Unless they added alternate class portraits or something, or if that was a US only thing...? Not sure.

• Options
    So they nerfed Ragnarok in CoH3 (in Japan, that is). It costs 512 MP, no longer does as much damage, and is COMPLETELY random. No bad effects, but you can't pick the good effect you want, either.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    http://monkeypawgames.com/2014/03/the-fate-of-a-physical-class-of-heroes-2g-package-is-in-your-hands/

It begins anew. He's aiming for 7000 "pledges" for preordered copies of CoH 2G for the PS3.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Yyyyyeaaap, signed up fo sho.

• Options
    Just a heads up, physical edition orders for 2G will be available tomorrow/early morning for one month, and they'll only ever make enough to cover whatever orders they get in that month.
    You're receiving this notice because you signed up for our Class of Heroes 2G for PlayStation 3 poll and indicated you wanted to purchase one or more copies of the limited-edition physical game.

We wanted to let you know that presales of the game will be live on www.gaijinworks.com starting tomorrow at 12:00 PST and will remain open for one month. After this period closes, we will gently and lovingly manufacture only enough product to cover the amount ordered, and then the game will only be available digitally on PSN until our contract runs out, or the apocalypse/rapture arrives, whichever comes first. Check the website main page tomorrow at noon for more details!

Thanks for your support!

GAIJINWORKS

• Options
    edited June 2014
    http://monkeypawgames.com/games/class-of-heroes-2g/

2G sales are live! With the... really odd... URL of:

http://www.gaijinworks.com/CoH3_presale-new.htm

CoH3 / 3G confirmed!

KiTA on
  • Options
    I wonder what'll happen first: Vic announcing that PSP title or someone updating the thread title...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Oh, man, I shouldn't shop while asleep - just accidentally ordered a second copy of CoH2g. D'oh.