As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is this your [chat]?

ElkiElki get busyModerator, ClubPA mod
edited March 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
1332733371-juanrobles-casamecanoweb48.jpg

1332733347-juanrobles-casamecanoweb47.jpg

1332732869-juanrobles-casamecanoweb11.jpg

1332732736-juanrobles-casamecano15web.jpg

1332733189-juanrobles-casamecanoweb36.jpg

1332733234-juanrobles-casamecanoweb39.jpg

1332733248-juanrobles-casamecanoweb40.jpg

1332732936-juanrobles-casamecanoweb24.jpg

1332733318-juanrobles-casamecanoweb45.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
Elki on

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    daaayum

JKKaAGp.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    ah that's fucking gorgeous

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    hunger games thread is hilarious
    there isn't a thing us nerds won't tear apart
    hee hee

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Listening to this NPR special coverage of the ACA argument, and I am smiling now. I was worried when I left the office, but this is making me happy.

They do not like the government's chances right now.

Listening to Kennedy the one actual swing vote made me feel the other way. Roberts and Scalia were always going to vote against it so them being hard on it isn't surprising.

Kennedy seemed to be coming around on the mandate at the end of arguments.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The Xfinity app no worky. Also, Hulu+

C'mon, Microsoft, get me content!

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Listening to this NPR special coverage of the ACA argument, and I am smiling now. I was worried when I left the office, but this is making me happy.

Listening to Kennedy the one actual swing vote made me feel the other way. Roberts and Scalia were always going to vote against it so them being hard on it isn't surprising.

He did. Actually was stating some of the main arguments from the government and sounded like he agreed. So I am not feeling real bad. He is the one vote I would be worried about going either way.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Guys, I have bad news.

It turns out I'm terrible at LoL.

are those minecraft pics?

Sarksauce, yes I told you to watch the original. And if you don't like it, you are nothing but pure scrub.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I dunno. I really don't know. But I am heartened that Kennedy did not find his limiting principle.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    spool32 wrote:

I just... I don't get how someone can be such a fucking misanthrope.

Like, really, how can you hate people that much?

Thanatos on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I don't know if I approve of a pool where if I crawl out the wrong side I would fall and possibly die.

Gorgeous everything else, though.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    I want to go to there

so even if they kill the mandate I bet you anything they sever it

I dunno. I really don't know. But I am heartened that Kennedy did not find his limiting principle.

he didn't speak it out loud during arguments, no

doesn't mean he won't find one

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    goddamn. how much does that house cost?

That would be amazing. Just a huge fucking middle finger to the insurance companies.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Sarksauce, yes I told you to watch the original. And if you don't like it, you are nothing but pure scrub.

Hey I already do like it, I told you I saw most of the first season, I was just lazy!

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    the mandate kinda sucks without a public option

so it isnt a minecraft house with nice textures?

Organichu wrote: »
    500 quatloos

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    hee hee

One of the characters in the film is named Katniss Everdeen. Katniss...Everdeen. That's all I need to know to have an opinion about it. ;)

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

I think that is well into the class of dwellings that is priced in Lives rather than currency.

I think it probably costs at least fifty humans, ten goats and a few cats.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    That is the other thing I have heard from lots of different sources. Oral arguments are important but it isn't where the real decision comes down.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Roberts may jump on with the 5 majority to try to gain some control over the opinion

I read the transcripts of the arguments, as usual Scalia was mostly concerned with interjecting jokes than getting answers, since he's already made up his mind

also jesus the first day of argument about the anti injunction act was mind blowingly boring

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

if you have to ask

Roberts may jump on with the 5 majority to try to gain some control over the opinion

I read the transcripts of the arguments, as usual Scalia was mostly concerned with interjecting jokes than getting answers, since he's already made up his mind

also jesus the first day of argument about the anti injunction act was mind blowingly boring
    Has Thomas spoken yet?

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

My big thing about the ACA is pre-existing conditions. As long as that stands I can live with the mandate going away because this thing going down makes single payer or cost reduction more likely in the nearer future.

Lh96QHG.png
    ugh, finally heading home. My head was a lot better today but I still have real problems with stanima. Brains just feel like slush right now.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    hee hee

One of the characters in the film is named Katniss Everdeen. Katniss...Everdeen. That's all I need to know to have an opinion about it. ;)
    Do you like fantasy or sci fi otherwise, because that is a pretty mild scifi name

Sarksus wrote: »

Hey I already do like it, I told you I saw most of the first season, I was just lazy!

Quickly moving toward scrub territory Sarks. SCRUB TERRITORY

u7stthr17eud.png
    Thanatos wrote: »

Has Thomas spoken yet?

are we counting the parts where you could see Scalia's lips moving?

That is the other thing I have heard from lots of different sources. Oral arguments are important but it isn't where the real decision comes down.

really the only usefulness is to feel out where the justices already are at or what they are focusing down on

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    every time i see a gorgeous modern, minimalist home i wonder how much it would cost to build something like that in a 'normal' area without ten million dollar real estate. like, i'll never afford a beverly hills mansion but i think it'd be totally awesome to spend an extra couple hundred thousand to build a house like that in a 'mere mortal' neighborhood

spool32 wrote:

I just... I don't get how someone can be such a fucking misanthrope.

Like, really, how can you hate people that much?

I really don't have anything to say about this that I haven't already said. You're dedicated to hatred regardless of the positions I've taken, so I really don't know where to go from here.

Has Thomas spoken yet?

I don't remember him asking questions in the two transcripts I read

just sittin there like a troll on a log

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    every time i see a gorgeous modern, minimalist home i wonder how much it would cost to build something like that in a 'normal' area without ten million dollar real estate. like, i'll never afford a beverly hills mansion but i think it'd be totally awesome to spend an extra couple hundred thousand to build a house like that in a 'mere mortal' neighborhood

but everyone will see you walking around naked with all those windows for walls and neighbors 50 feet away

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited March 2012

the house my dad and his wife have built is nearly on that scale of gorgeous. No pool, but otherwise. But he was in construction his whole life and she was a dirt poor single mother who had to learn how to do every kind of house repair on her own so they did most of the work themselves. edit: and it's taken them like 10 years after moving in. Still working on the basement / attic.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

he didn't speak it out loud during arguments, no

doesn't mean he won't find one

The government didn't provide one for him either. The comment this NPR reporter attributed to Paul Clement, "whenever I argued Interstate commerce and I could provide a limiting principle, I won. When I could not, I lost" is telling. He knew what to go after to sway Kennedy. Maybe he was successful.

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

Has Thomas spoken yet?

He rarely speaks or has questions about any case, let alone landmark ones. He is easily the "least scholarly" (this is code for "dumbest") justice the court has seen in almost 100 years.

My hatred for him alone could fill a beautiful valley situated beneath a stylish multi-million dollar home.

This discussion has been closed.