Options

[FEZ] is out on Live Arcade! Use spoiler tags when discussing puzzles and their solution!

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    I forget if there's a certain order to the bell, but if you know what the symbols mean, it should be pretty obvious what to do from there.

Here's what I've tried (that I remember), and none of these worked.
    The characters are 1, 3, 6/=, and 10, right?

So I've tried:
    1,3,6,=,10
    1,3,3,3,=,10
    Ringing them according to the tone they make, in both descending and ascending order
    1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,=,10 (Yes, really.)

And everything I've tried, I've also tried in reverse. So for that first example, I tried 10,=,6,3,1.

I don't consider it "pretty obvious what to do from there". :P

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I don't recall the numbers off the top of my head, but don't try to add them together. Think of each side as its own puzzle. There's a reason you can interact with the bell.

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I forget if there's a certain order to the bell, but if you know what the symbols mean, it should be pretty obvious what to do from there.

So I've tried:
    1,3,6,=,10
    1,3,3,3,=,10
    Ringing them according to the tone they make, in both descending and ascending order

And everything I've tried, I've also tried in reverse. So for that first example, I tried 10,=,6,3,1.

Without spoiling things; you’re overthinking it man.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I put some heavy time into this tonight and got 16 cubes, and headed through the 16 cube door

Now I need 32 to get to NG+

Fuck man

I think I'm just done with the game, it's not even fun anymore. I've scoured the map it seems and barely found enough to make 16 cubes, and only found two of the warp portals

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Well, my girlfriend's save corrupted last night. Plugged in the USB (didn't know there was an issue with using them, apparently there is!), loaded it up, 'save corrupted'. Other saves on it are fine, so I have to assume it's the glitch with the game. For now, we're crossing our fingers that they'll be able to magic some solution with the patch and recover it, but it's not a big hope. Son of a bitch. She was really upset :(

forumsig.png
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    I put some heavy time into this tonight and got 16 cubes, and headed through the 16 cube door

Fuck man

I think I'm just done with the game, it's not even fun anymore. I've scoured the map it seems and barely found enough to make 16 cubes, and only found two of the warp portals

On that map, you see the paths that lead off into unknown rooms?

Keep going. There's whole worlds you haven't found yet. It's just a matter of going onward and upward.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »

Fuck man

On that map, you see the paths that lead off into unknown rooms?

Keep going. There's whole worlds you haven't found yet. It's just a matter of going onward and upward.

Yup. And you don't even have to figure out the intense puzzles to get to them either.

Did you read my other post?

• Options

Fuck man

Damnit man, you know what? We've been agreeing more and more on things lately, but this here is all out of wack. What kind of man looks at a game like FEZ and just gives up. Are you gonna wuss out on some thinking? It ain't hard. Hell I'm well on my way to 64 cubes and I've barely broken a mental sweat, and I'm not allowed to travel abroad because I lower the average national IQ by 5 points wherever I go. You just gonna give up on me like that, son? Now pull yourself together, look at that map and go hunt yourself some cubes.
    Okay seriously if you're not enjoying it, no amount of "KEEP GOING IT'S FUN!" will help that. But if there's actual problems in the way keeping you from enjoying it, just ask, man! It was a huge help to me to realise that you can almost always see in the background where each door will take you. Want to get to one particular branch from the place you're currently in? Spin the world around until you see it, then look for a door on that side.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    AJR wrote: »

So I've tried:
    1,3,6,=,10
    1,3,3,3,=,10

Without spoiling things; you’re overthinking it man.

Oh gods. I'm not at the house, but please tell me it's not
    Ring 1 once, Ring 3 thrice, Ring 6 six times, and ring 10 ten times

Because that would be some bullshit.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    You win!

• Options
    Goddammit Fez.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think the glyphs are getting people to overthink some of the easiest puzzles in the game. I know I'm guilty of it.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Overthinking is the enemy of everything, honestly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    Okay, just beat the game for the first time. Had 35 cubes before I even stepped through the 16-cube gate, so skipping straight to the ending was a bit of a surprise.

...what the hell just happened?

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I am so unapologetically in love with this game. Everything about it makes me smile. The graphics, the sounds, the music, the puzzles, the nods to everything retro... it's just the best. And that (32 cube) ending...
    What an awesome nod to the Space Gate in 2001. If that wasn't a deliberate reference, what with the "turn your head sideways to get it" stuff going on, I'll eat my fez. And if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, the monolith in 2001 is a movie screen. You just have to tilt your head 90 degrees to see it.

I was grinning ear to ear. Even better? Translating the dialogue from the opening of the game when you first get your Fez. So simple and so funny!

This is one of the best experiences I've ever had, that's for sure. Anyways, I'm on my way through trying to get the last cubes. I'm getting there, I think I'm above 50 at this point.
    There is apparently a way around the need for a modern phone but it is so fucking obscure I can't see anyone in their right mind getting it.
    Using NG+ power you can find tetrad codes in the two throne rooms. If you align those two codes next to each other and then read across in pairs you get the QR code puzzle codes. Not only is this an insane thing to expect someone to work out how to do, but the codes of course only work when entered in the QR code rooms! Only by working backwards could anyone have ever had a chance of finding this out.

Actually, I solved that puzzle differently...
    I quickly rotated left and right to see what the code hidden in the room was. I did this in NG, not with NG+ power. I also did that with the Boiler Room in Gomez's hometown.

This whole concept of QR codes is alien to me. If I have seen a single one in the game, my brain hasn't registered that fact. I almost feel like solving it with a QR code is cheating based on how I did that one!

Fawst on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Bah. Double post.

Fawst on
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    Arise thread!

With it's coming out on PC, I finally got to play this game.
    I love how I had no idea about the whole Myst aspect and I actually have to use my brain.
    But now I'm semi-stumped. I'd appreciate if any of you could help me out.
    So far I've found all the cubes, maps (unless the torn one has a second half) and artifacts, and am short 10 anti-cubes.
    I've summoned the black monolith (in the candles room, where you have to use first person view), but don't know how to continue with it.
    Also, I've found the red cube (no idea what it does, if at all) in the observatory before I got the alphabet cube. Area still has a secret tag on it. Bug, or is there something else there?
    Don't know how to switch the rotating hand on the clock. Don't know how to ring the bell properly. Don't know what those small pillars with the cubes inside them do.

I'm pretty sure I've reached a point where I have to understand their alphabet to advance.
    Still fuzzy on the numbers (I think I know how to count to 4) and have no idea where to begin with the alphabet.
    Any hint as to how I'm supposed to figure out the alphabet? Is the book at all useful, or should I look around for something else?

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Arise thread!

I love how I had no idea about the whole Myst aspect and I actually have to use my brain.
    So far I've found all the cubes, maps (unless the torn one has a second half) and artifacts, and am short 10 anti-cubes.
    I've summoned the black monolith (in the candles room, where you have to use first person view), but don't know how to continue with it.
    Also, I've found the red cube (no idea what it does, if at all) in the observatory before I got the alphabet cube. Area still has a secret tag on it. Bug, or is there something else there?
    Don't know how to switch the rotating hand on the clock. Don't know how to ring the bell properly. Don't know what those small pillars with the cubes inside them do.

I'm pretty sure I've reached a point where I have to understand their alphabet to advance.
    Still fuzzy on the numbers (I think I know how to count to 4) and have no idea where to begin with the alphabet.
    Any hint as to how I'm supposed to figure out the alphabet? Is the book at all useful, or should I look around for something else?

I can give you a hint about that problem of yours:
    there is a place that you will want to go look at again, that has a couple of unusual creatures in it.

I would rather be too vague than too obvious, sorry.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is this game fixed yet? I might want to buy it on Steam.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    It crashed on me after I solved one of the puzzles, which meant a door didn't open even though the puzzle is solved and can't be repeated.

Only realised it was impossible for me to get through that door on this save after I was like nine hours in.

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Arise thread!

I can give you a hint about that problem of yours:
    there is a place that you will want to go look at again, that has a couple of unusual creatures in it.

I would rather be too vague than too obvious, sorry.
    That is just too great.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Is this game fixed yet? I might want to buy it on Steam.

The problem was fixed a while ago. The patch did unfortunately bork some save games for people who had played prior to the patch, though. Should be no problems now. You should get it cause it's awesome.

I really need to get back to playing it sometime soon... I might have to start a new game

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    @darleysam, could you give a similar hint for the numbers?

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    I can help!
    There is a classroom in the area you get to via the 16-cube door. Look for clues there.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    JonBob wrote: »
    I can help!
    There is a classroom in the area you get to via the 16-cube door. Look for clues there.
    I've already stared at walls of that classroom extensively.
    Just had the voila moment.
    Of course it would be binary!

• Options
    It's actually not, but you're close.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    Just realized.
    I thought I had the correct numbers for the clock tower, but I got the anti-cube before going all the way up to 15 for the last side.
    And now back at the starting village, in the room with scribbles on the wall, my current system gets me 1,2,13,4,5,6,7,8. So something isn't quite right.

• Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    I can help!
    So, the monolith symbols are the tetris shapes, rotated and pressed together. It's just a matter of figuring out what the shapes mean. I guess the square made of symbols has something to do with it. 3 artifacts and I still can't read/count. So disappointed in myself
    Also, I accidentally found an anti-cube.
    I was in the sewers, getting a chest with the bouy and rotating platform. Must've done the right rotation pattern, because the cube appeared.
    Totally unexpected.

• Options
    Just realized.
    I thought I had the correct numbers for the clock tower, but I got the anti-cube before going all the way up to 15 for the last side.
    And now back at the starting village, in the room with scribbles on the wall, my current system gets me 1,2,13,4,5,6,7,8. So something isn't quite right.
    Another tiny hint:
    More than one symbol can stand for the same number. If it were binary, this would not be possible. And...
    No symbol can be bigger than 10.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    More than one symbol can stand for the same number. If it were binary, this would not be possible. And...
    No symbol can be bigger than 10.
    Serious spoiler, don't read if you don't yet know how to count:
    Now that's just stupid. I liked my system better.
    1, 2, 4, 8 as opposed to 1, 2, 3, 4

edit:
    Now all I'm left with are
    the pillars (no idea), what to do with the monolith after I've summoned it (no idea) and that riddle about the name (no idea). Mostly feel like I'm missing something obvious about the pillars. I want to look around for text to read, but so far the villagers and text on signs/walls were all meaningless. There's also the code book to try and figure out, but I have a feeling it might be related to something specific I haven't come across yet.

AkimboEG on
  • Options
    the pillars (no idea), what to do with the monolith after I've summoned it (no idea) and that riddle about the name (no idea). Mostly feel like I'm missing something obvious about the pillars. I want to look around for text to read, but so far the villagers and text on signs/walls were all meaningless. There's also the code book to try and figure out, but I have a feeling it might be related to something specific I haven't come across yet.
    No puzzle spoilers beyond what you have already solved:
    You have found one heart cube (the red cube in the observatory). This doesn't count as the secret for that room. There are three heart cubes in the game, behind puzzles that are much more difficult than the rest. You aren't really intended to solve them, and they do not contribute toward completion of the game in any way. The monolith and riddle are parts of heart cube puzzles. Vague descriptions, not answers, follow. You may want to look at these to determine if they are worth your time.

Riddle:
    This is just a regular riddle, but it is of the sort that is not an "aha" when you get it, but rather an "okay... I guess that answer kind of fits the riddle, barely" kind of thing. It was very disappointing to me.

Monolith:
    There is a solution, but nobody knows yet if there are any clues that lead to it. The known solution was found by a crowdsourced, brute-force approach.

Pillars:
    These aren't a puzzle in and of themselves, but rather a signpost that there is another puzzle of a particular kind in the same room.

• Options
    No puzzle spoilers beyond what you have already solved:
    You have found one heart cube (the red cube in the observatory). This doesn't count as the secret for that room. There are three heart cubes in the game, behind puzzles that are much more difficult than the rest. You aren't really intended to solve them, and they do not contribute toward completion of the game in any way. The monolith and riddle are parts of heart cube puzzles. Vague descriptions, not answers, follow. You may want to look at these to determine if they are worth your time.

Riddle:
    This is just a regular riddle, but it is of the sort that is not an "aha" when you get it, but rather an "okay... I guess that answer kind of fits the riddle, barely" kind of thing. It was very disappointing to me.

Monolith:
    There is a solution, but nobody knows yet if there are any clues that lead to it. The known solution was found by a crowdsourced, brute-force approach.

Pillars:
    These aren't a puzzle in and of themselves, but rather a signpost that there is another puzzle of a particular kind in the same room.
    Pillars are down. I just have to remember to keep using first person view.
    That leaves with just one more room, apart from the monolith and riddle, and that's the clock tower. I'm pretty sure I got one cube or anti-cube there already, so if there's three more sides, that could explain the three anti-cubes I'm short from 32. Gonna look around for anything green, red and blue.

• Options
    One last anti-cube.
    I was really hoping that wouldn't be the solution for the clock tower. Anyway, I only got two more anti-cubes from that room, so I'm down to the monolith, name riddle and the code book and one anti-cube to go. If both the monolith and name riddle are heart cubes, I guess I'm gonna have to decipher the code book.

• Options
    I believe that all cube and anti-cube locations are marked on the map. Are there really no rooms left with "secret" indicators?

• Options
    I believe that all cube and anti-cube locations are marked on the map. Are there really no rooms left with "secret" indicators?
    Last one was actually in a room marked as clear.
    The house in the village with the painting of the fez wearers.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Thread Necro Powers! ACTIVATE!

Has anyone started playign this since its PC release and want to talk about it? I just started really and am in love. The world seems so mysterious, and despite beign so colorful, almost threatening at times. I keep seeing things.. but they aren't there when my eyes focus on them so I think I may be insane.

Anyway, Ive only scratched the surface -Ive found 15 cubes and 2 Anti cubes and a.. Writing Artifact? I still haven't gone back to that tower hub and opened and of the doors even though Ihave enough cubes to do so. Anyway, as an old school ARGer, Im very much looking forward to some of the cryptostyle puzzles that I hear are in this. I love cryptography... actually.. come to think of it...
    Could that Writing Cube help me figure out the wiriting I see everywhere? I need to look at it closer later...

Any one else actually playing this at the moment?

• Options
    I lost my save on the 360 so started again, and I've just got a few of the last big ones to get, so technically yes. But really I just want to agree with you on the feel of the game. It's just a world I want to spend so much more time in, there's an fantastic atmosphere that goes right through every screen. It's both joyful and happy to be there, yet there's a melancholy that hangs at the edges to let you feel like something big has happened here, but you won't know what.
    And I would love to have something a little more Animal Crossing to do in this world, so I can interact with people and do stuff, rather than just run through it all.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Thread Necro Powers! ACTIVATE!

Has anyone started playign this since its PC release and want to talk about it? I just started really and am in love. The world seems so mysterious, and despite beign so colorful, almost threatening at times. I keep seeing things.. but they aren't there when my eyes focus on them so I think I may be insane.

Anyway, Ive only scratched the surface -Ive found 15 cubes and 2 Anti cubes and a.. Writing Artifact? I still haven't gone back to that tower hub and opened and of the doors even though Ihave enough cubes to do so. Anyway, as an old school ARGer, Im very much looking forward to some of the cryptostyle puzzles that I hear are in this. I love cryptography... actually.. come to think of it...
    Could that Writing Cube help me figure out the wiriting I see everywhere? I need to look at it closer later...

Any one else actually playing this at the moment?
    Having just finished my play-through, I can tell you the most important thing is to be perceptive. If you see something slightly unusual, chances are it can help you learn a thing or two.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Alright! This is delightful so far. The completionist in me has noticed something though;

On the world map screen, 2 rooms in the starter village are missing the gold border, meaning I missed stuff in there. The 2 rooms in question are the boiler room and the gallery type thing - I've been pretty thorough, there's no items still there, just wondering if this is something I can't resolve til later in the game, maybe I need a powerup or something?

The boiler room at least appears to have some coded message on the walls, but nowhere to enter a solution (assuming I could crack the code...)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Yeah, this is not one where you can complete every room you go into the first time you go there. You'll need to learn some stuff and come back.

forumsig.png