As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FEZ] is out on Live Arcade! Use spoiler tags when discussing puzzles and their solution!

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Fuck. Yes.

Just worked out Tetris language and now feeling like king of the fucking world. Got me my 32nd block for it which seems appropriate.

I take it I don't have to worry about ending the game early and will be able to carry on exploring once I've been through the 32 block door right?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Fuck. Yes.

Just worked out Tetris language and now feeling like king of the fucking world. Got me my 32nd block for it which seems appropriate.

I take it I don't have to worry about ending the game early and will be able to carry on exploring once I've been through the 32 block door right?

Correct. You can start a NG+. You get a cool new ability.

You can actually do it again when you get all 64 cubes. On the second NG+ you get another new thing.

After that. No idea. There is still one last thing to collect but only one person has done it and no one else knows.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    I was not prepared for all the puzzles outside the core rotation mechanic, and I love it. Definitely a game to avoid spoilers, because while they are frustrating, they are oh-so-satisfying to solve on your own.

I figured out the key to the numeric symbols, using some very well-crafted hints in the game. I know that, at the least, I have to figure out the tetromino symbols and the regular "alphabet" some NPCs use. Regarding those, for anyone who has figured them out:
    Is there a "key" or at least a heavy hint for these, like the one I found in a classroom for the numbers? Or do I need to solve it like a cryptogram, given a lot of code text? I'm willing to do the latter, but I'd rather do it the "right" way if there is a key somewhere to find.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    JonBob wrote: »
    I was not prepared for all the puzzles outside the core rotation mechanic, and I love it. Definitely a game to avoid spoilers, because while they are frustrating, they are oh-so-satisfying to solve on your own.

I figured out the key to the numeric symbols, using some very well-crafted hints in the game. I know that, at the least, I have to figure out the tetromino symbols and the regular "alphabet" some NPCs use. Regarding those, for anyone who has figured them out:
    Is there a "key" or at least a heavy hint for these, like the one I found in a classroom for the numbers? Or do I need to solve it like a cryptogram, given a lot of code text? I'm willing to do the latter, but I'd rather do it the "right" way if there is a key somewhere to find.

On the walls in one of the rooms is a picture that might help, (*edit* or it might be literally. I can't remember). A rather rapid muddy farm pest leaping above a rather un-energetic hound. That could help a bit, I found.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

Re: tetriminos
    yeah there's a room that pretty plainly lays out what they mean

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy

Can you remember where that classroom was? I'm getting conflicting signals on my attempts to decode the number pattern from various bits around.

The regular alphabet has a Rosetta stone type deal in the room where you got the written language artifact. Through the tree above the first warp gate? I think there were mushrooms there.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Goddamn this game. I just spent hours figuring things out and looking through the web and translating things into binary and what the fuck has this game done to me. DAMN YOU BLACK MONOLITH!

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
    Binary? Fuuuuuuuck. Is that genuine or a was it a false lead?

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Binary? Fuuuuuuuck. Is that genuine or a was it a false lead?

It has to be false. I tried many things for so damn long. I just can't grasp what it is that needs to be done....I don't get it. People are saying it's a 5 digit combo that only consists of Up, Down, RT, LT, and A. No one can figure it out though. And no one knows if that IS it for sure. It's such a damn enigma.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I didn't get to the non-platforming puzzles yet, but GOD DAMN the early parts clicked so right with me.
    After you leave the first area, i just followed the doors and poked around each area (the lighthouse and the raining cemetery) and I was so happy with it. So pretty, so well made, so fun.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    Hah, the tiny size of this thread alone tells me that XBLA is not a good place to keep the game restricted to. They better move this to Steam soon!

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    So the rooms not surrounded in gold on the map still have things to find/do, yes? Assuming that I don't get any new abilities, I guess the secrets of the room are just really well hidden? Hrm..

• hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    They can be passages, anti-cubes, or other secrets, i think.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
    Yeah there are 2 rooms in the first area that aren't 'golded' yet. Not sure what to do in them, but I'll come back to check later.

Also unless you're in new game plus you can't get everything

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    ... are you sure? Is the new game plus power actually needed for something? I thought it was just a cute trick.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited April 2012
    ... are you sure? Is the new game plus power actually needed for something? I thought it was just a cute trick.

some glyphs on walls you won't be able to get unless
    you're in first person view
    . I tried.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Guitar Hero Of TimeGuitar Hero Of Time Registered User regular

Definitely impossible to get all the cubes without NG+

edited April 2012
    Fair enough.

@hoodie13 Dude spoilers!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Spoilers noooo.

you straight up need new game+ for a fair amount of stuff. Many things can't be solved without it. And dont worry. It isn't a spoiler. You see glyphs everywhere.

I mean that we'd been carefully obliquely referring to the 'new game plus power' because it's a nice surprise.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Yes, yes it was

Also dammit, I'm in a room with red curtains that I somehow got behind before (and I assume that's how you find the secret) and now for the life of me I can't figure out how I got behind them. Perhaps it was a fluke.

Argh! I completely forgot. Edited.

@hoodiethirteen
    Oh god, this puzzle is gonna drive me crazy. 6 blocks and a bunch of Tetris-y pieces on the wall. Fuuuu. Must figure out.

edited April 2012
    Oof, and crashed to desktop dashboard.

Magus` on
    Straight yes or no, can I 'solve' the puzzle with the yellow Tetris blocks/lights that correspond to what I am making Gomez do prior to a NG+? I understand the mechanics of lights, just not what they want me to do.. yet.

• TrustTrust Registered User regular
    Yes

We Stand Ready
    edited April 2012
    Spoiler on that:
    I didn't notice the pillar nearby with shapes on it since it's super tiny (my TV is only 32") but even then I'm not sure how to make a vertical 'Z' block.. hrm..

Nevermind. I had to adjust the angle of my thinking.

Magus` on
  • areaarea Registered User regular
    carmofin wrote: »
    Hah, the tiny size of this thread alone tells me that XBLA is not a good place to keep the game restricted to. They better move this to Steam soon!

Yeah, the fact that this thread hasn't exploded weirds me out. It's an incredible game. I've started a series of pages in my Moleskin for it.

I accidentally solved something, I think, which is quite unsatisfying. Spoilers for the whole telescope room follow. If you don't understand what I mean by 'whole', if you don't like spoilers, don't click the button:
    I video'd the pulsars, transcribed the pattern, and was pondering on that whilst just rotating the room randomly, waiting for night to check the constellations which I hadn't got right the first time I tried. I unlocked... something that I don't even know what it is, and doesn't appear in my inventory, which I guess was the prize for that puzzle.

Also, I don't have a phone to do QR codes...

Yeah I'm in the Telescope Room myself and I have no idea what to do.
    I know that there are shapes that actually get connected and can be seen during dawn and that there are some blinking red lights on some of the screens, but past that.. nada.

Also yeah, I don't have a smart phone either. I'll feel no shame in look that stuff up when the time comes.

Well, I figured out (at least?) one of the secrets in the Telescope Room. Spend enough time in there though, will look for more later.

All of the QR codes have corresponding puzzles in the game to get you the cube. Don't worry about not having a QR reader.

@hoodiethirteen
    Public service announcement: that one qr code that's under construction - do not try to recreate it in mspaint and then draw the square in the upper left that is ~~N O T~~ the solution and is a big waste of your time

CD World Tour status:
  • Inker2000Inker2000 Registered User regular
    interesting game. i've mostly been doing the platforming elements. i still dont understand any of the glyphs/symbols. looking forward to finally having that "aha" moment.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    BTW, wtf are the treasure maps?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    BTW, wtf are the treasure maps?

They're maps to actual areas.

As far as the four that look similar:
    They're all part of the same area. As far as the order of these:
    Each map has a number from the number system. Go go through the doors in the order the maps say. This is also a really good clue as to which numbers are 1-4, and using this you can pretty much get the rest of the numbering system.

No I don't.
    OH GOD THE OCEAN NEVER ENDS

Magus` wrote: »
    OH GOD THE OCEAN NEVER ENDS

I know. After deciding that this was the case I was thinking, 'Shit, I'm going to have to swim all the way back now.' Then I actually thought about it for a second and span the world. Right back at land instantly. Thinking with rotations.

MhCw7nZ.gif