As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FEZ] is out on Live Arcade! Use spoiler tags when discussing puzzles and their solution!

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I spoiled myself on the alphabet but worked out numbers and tetrominos on my own, and I'm ok with that.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Honestly, I don't feel bad about, essentially, cheating the alphabet cipher. If I'd had to, I would have just thrown something into the simple substitution cipher cracking program I wrote for my cryptography class.

steam_sig.png
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    hey jam warrior if you really want to make a go at that one puzzle I do think it's possible to get but there's two things I didn't realize when I was doing it and if that's the answer you came up with maybe you also haven't realized:
    You can grab a block and rotate the camera and that will rotate the block - you aren't restricted by the order they start out in
    You have to arrange the answer such that it reads vertically when your head is tilted to the left
    And my advice on the best way to approach the actual riddle after having dispensed with the total puzzle bullshit:
    Try to figure out the first half while ignoring the second half

1. I got.

2. Logical but I would probably never have twigged on my own.

That one can wait for the end I think.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • areaarea Registered User regular
    The NG+ powerup put an uncontrollable smile on my face.

• sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Alright! 32 cubes, 31 anti. I literally cannot beat the game. The last anticube?
    The fucking grey hand on the clock

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    I believe you can fool that one with your system clock.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I believe you can fool that one with your system clock.
    I know, but I'm not "cheating" in Arkham City, I'm not doing it here, either.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Yeah I think I have a ways to go on that one too

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I feel stuck already. So many rooms I can't seem to access, even though I know what rooms have doors to them. Stupid hidden doors!

Also it's really hard to read things in this game. I don't appreciate having to hump my TV to find secrets.

Why isn't this working:
    There is a golden gate of 'light' that appears only at night with the instructions on how to move your character. As far as I can tell it's left, shift left, jump, right, shift right, up, down, shift left. While I've had no trouble with other 'movement' puzzles, this one doesn't seem to be working? Help!

Magus` wrote: »
    Why isn't this working:
    There is a golden gate of 'light' that appears only at night with the instructions on how to move your character. As far as I can tell it's left, shift left, jump, right, shift right, up, down, shift left. While I've had no trouble with other 'movement' puzzles, this one doesn't seem to be working? Help!
    I don't remember the code itself but I didn't encounter any kind of extra shenanigan with that one. Though, it turned day when I was writin it so that was when I entered the code - I don't know if that's a requirement or not but I suspect not, just super double check the code I guess?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Yeah I'm looking at it right now.
    If you shift it 90 degrees it has the pieces for move left, shuffle left (z), jump, move right, shuffle right (backwards z), press down, press up, shuffle left (z). As I said, the text is super duper tiny and even with my eyes a foot from the screen it can be hard to make out.

Nevermind, two pieces were glued together and appeared to be another. Fuckin' tiny text. Ugh.

Yeah I had just looked at a picture and was gonna post it

CD World Tour status:
    Nearby room
    Tuning fork room is clever.

There's a few like that

CD World Tour status:
    Ran into my first QR code. I know there are optional ways to solve those puzzles, but I'm not sure how. Yet! Up to 22 cubes, though.

Yeah I heard someone mention there are other ways to solve them but I have never seen any other way of solving any of them

CD World Tour status:
    Not gonna lie, this map system makes it kind of hard to figure out where I'm going.. hrm..

Also a lot of the hub rooms aren't 'gold' but the map only says that there is a gate there and no secrets/cubes. Do they ever 'gold'?

I think they all gold - maybe you need
    all 5 gates?
    Also in regard to you being limited by lack of ng+
    Pretty sure it's only good for like a handful of anticubes

CD World Tour status:
    Fair enough. I'm still finding some doors I missed, so we'll see if I can hit that needed cube number..

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    A room will only gold once you've obtained all cube bits, full cubes, chests, and secrets (usually anti-cubes, but sometimes other things) from it and also entered all doors.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    It may have been me spreading misinformation on the QR code being findable elsewhere as that achievement for solving a code will pop for a few of them and I erroneously thought they were therefor the same code.

Just look it up on the Internet when you find it. It's pretty much the same deal as beeping it with your phone.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Found 3 more cubes though apparently there is another one..

Cube'o'clock indeed..

Also, the little white pillars with a square embossed in them? Is that a thing? Bit commented on one.

Pillars :
    It's a ng+ thing

CD World Tour status:
    So what exactly gives me a hint towards the
    owls?

I think someone dropped the hint earlier in the thread unspoiled~
    But there's somewhere your guide will have a cryptic thing to say

CD World Tour status:
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular

Someone erased the unspoiled hint, too~

:P

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    25 cubes now!

Someone erased the unspoiled hint, too~

:P

Maybe we're thinking of different things, it's still there, you didn't post it

CD World Tour status:
    I wonder if I should just look up the QR Code 'answers'. Though people are pretty bad at including spoilers with those codes, I'm sure.

• LorkLork Registered User regular
    There is a way to get the QR code cubes without a smartphone.
    It's the "throne rooms"

Steam Profile: Lork
    Hrm, ok.. I'll go back to those at some time. Hopefully they don't need a NG+..

Also fuck the Lighthouse 'room'. I know there is something I'm missing, but I can't grasp it. Grr.

Magus` wrote: »
    25 cubes now!

Total or just the gold ones?

CD World Tour status:
    Total.

:(

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    I managed to just get up to 32 cubes without doing any of the cryptography stuff, though I was stuck for a while on 31 before remembering that you can rotate the treasure maps. It was a lot of fun but I am probably done with the game, I loved the exploration but am not really into the cryptography stuff. Well worth the $10 though.

hLeTR.png
    28 now. Good time for a break.

Interesting bug. I went back to the 32 cube end game area to see if anything has changed. (It hasn't and they make you sit through the end sequence again before you can get back to the game...) and in that room I had super jump. Hold down the jump button and shoot into the sky forever!

Getting a bit frustrated that I'm one yellow cube and one yellow cube bit short of all the yellows. In theory they should be easy to find but I can't find any areas I've missed (other than things clearly locked behind negative cube puzzles) or any yellow cube markers on my map. Must have missed something obvious somewhere.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Yeah I think I got them all - don't recall any kind of special shenanigans

CD World Tour status: