Options

[FEZ] is out on Live Arcade! Use spoiler tags when discussing puzzles and their solution!

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Okay. The cube was in a chest. Now just missing one cube chunk. Starting to get paranoid about it bugging out but I'm sure It'll have somehow have been one I missed somewhere.

Edit:

Apparently it's past the owl puzzle. Thought that kind of thing would be negative cube territory! Guess I'd better knuckle down and work this fucker out then.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Got frustrated. Googled it. Fuck me was I ever making that more complicated than it needed to be.
    I'd found all 4 but simply talking to them never fucking occurred to me. I thought they were another code! I had filmed them bobbing and dancing and was trying to interpret left and right spins from wing wavings and the way it was facing!

Oddly one of the owl rooms had gone gold prematurely which also kind of threw me.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    OH GOD THE
    SEWERS
    . YES YES OMG

• Options
    32!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Congrats, just in time to be able to take advantage of this not mentioned at all ng+ ability:
    press up four times then jump

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Also - I've now got all cubes but the two crappy clock ones - but the telescope still has something so could someone just let me know if it's Totally Bullshit or if it's something I can be reasonably expected to figure out

ok update to this: is the room just bugged? update2: no it's not
    I went in and did the same code as before a couple of time and the chime keeps playing and the ? went away but it's still not gold

ok update again having the ? disappear is probably a bug but there is indeed something else to do in there

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Oh god the screen. Oh god my eyes.

• Options
    What the fuck was that

• Options
    AHAHAHAHAHA

• Options
    Can someone link the finished numeric and alphabet ciphers?

• Options
    top of page 6 has the numbers at least

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    I figured out the first 4 and after that it's pretty easy. Also thanks for that tip! I'm not sure when I'll use that.. but neat!

• Options
    Oh god, I found a room where I can only assume I have to translate this huge floating thing. Even if I knew the alphabet I don't want to! :(

• Options
    Seriously, please tell me I don't have to hand translate all that. It will take forever moving back and forth from the computer since I can't read the text from here.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    Seriously, please tell me I don't have to hand translate all that. It will take forever moving back and forth from the computer since I can't read the text from here.

yes you do but here is what it says:
    PLEASE ANSWER THIS SECURITY QUESTION WHATS MY NAME SECURITY QUESTION HINT MY FIRST HALF IS WHAT IT IS MY SECOND HALF IS HALF OF WHAT MADE IT

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Anything else like that? Cause I am seriously killing my eyes here. I know this is the HD generation and people have 60" TVs, but I don't and I can't make this shit out. :/

• Options
    Also that riddle hurts my brain. I can barely tell what it's saying. :P

• Options
    I think that's the only text riddle

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Hrm, now working on the 'never ending' pillar room. There's a secret in here.. but where.. hrm.. hrm.....

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Hrm, now working on the 'never ending' pillar room. There's a secret in here.. but where.. hrm.. hrm.....

Tetris.

That is your hint.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Let's hope you know the room I was talking about! I'll go back to it in a bit. Up to 37 now. Whoo!

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular

Tetris.

That is your hint.
    This game is nuts.

Anyone have any hints on the pillars with a stone floating in them? I imagine there is some puzzle with them, but I haven't seen anything I could even pretend was a hint.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NG+ only solveable.

• Options
    On the clock thing, is it the colored hand or the black hand that moves?

• Options
    heh don't be ridiculous those hands never actually move
    the colored one

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Hrm, ok. Wish I knew which ones I had already gotten but.. I'll come back later.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Finally decided to dig out the ol' 360 to get this.

MY FUCKING GOD. YES. YES, THIS IS WHAT I WANTED.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    All the hands are colored. They disappear when you "solve" the part required of that particular hand.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    46 now!

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Ok so I'm pretty good at figuring out ciphers, but I like to have a basis to work from. I'm 90% sure I just figured out 4 letters, but I'd appreciate if someone could give me a simple "yep, you're right" or "nope" on it.
    Just went through the 8 cube door and got to the city (which is BEAUTIFUL btw). I see a neon sign pointing at a hotdog stand, with different words on each side. Let's call the letters I see A, B, X, and Y. On one side it says AXXY, on the other it says BXXY. I'm thinking the sign reads "GOOD FOOD", though I have no way to determine which letter is G and which is F quite yet.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    NG+ only solveable.
    Ah, thanks. That helps quite a bit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah it's kind of a dick move that the game is such you couldn't possibly know that, but oh well.

• Options
    60! NGGH!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    62! EEE.

Edit - From the looks of it, both are in the same room.. so now I play the waiting game..

Magus` on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    Magus, you have triple or quadruple posted multiple times in this one page.

Consider your consecutive posting privileges curtailed for the time being.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Also - I've now got all cubes but the two crappy clock ones - but the telescope still has something so could someone just let me know if it's Totally Bullshit or if it's something I can be reasonably expected to figure out

ok update to this: is the room just bugged? update2: no it's not
    I went in and did the same code as before a couple of time and the chime keeps playing and the ? went away but it's still not gold

ok update again having the ? disappear is probably a bug but there is indeed something else to do in there

There are indeed 2 telescope room secrets. Nested hints.
    look through the scope of course.
    Though this secret is in only one of the 4 fields.
    Still in the stars.
    Is there life on Mars?
    Once again you're looking for a spin code.
    There are a pair of red stars that flash the code.

I have no clue what the reward is or does though. Doesn't seem to go into your inventory anywhere.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Okay, as far as I can tell, I only have a single puzzle left. Have all the cubes and anti-cubes. Apparently this last puzzle can't be solved through in-game means?

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Now that I have collected everything I can - 206.2%, woo - I have a few thoughts (other than HOLY SHIT AMAZING GAME HOLY SHIT YES):

There are four areas in this game that pretty much made me explode with glee. They are:

Through the waterfall area:
    That red and blue room. That was fucking amazing, the music and the platforms and the sheer pants-dampening awesome feel

Waaaay at the bottom of the map:
    SEWERS YES. WITH MARIO-ISH MUSIC IF YOU LISTEN. And then Virtual Boy evil sewers.

Beneath the... lighthouse? Clock tower? Whichever:
    That fucking glitch room. Hollllllly shit. Going there in NG+ also made my 360 almost die. :lol:

Additional thoughts. I'm still missing stuff. D= Specifically,
    Behind the 64-cube door, I'm missing a heart piece, and then there's that Black Monolith, who has that secret box on my map just to taunt me, I swear.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Caedere wrote: »
    Now that I have collected everything I can - 206.2%, woo - I have a few thoughts (other than HOLY SHIT AMAZING GAME HOLY SHIT YES):

There are four areas in this game that pretty much made me explode with glee. They are:

Through the waterfall area:
    That red and blue room. That was fucking amazing, the music and the platforms and the sheer pants-dampening awesome feel

Waaaay at the bottom of the map:
    SEWERS YES. WITH MARIO-ISH MUSIC IF YOU LISTEN. And then Virtual Boy evil sewers.

Beneath the... lighthouse? Clock tower? Whichever:
    That fucking glitch room. Hollllllly shit. Going there in NG+ also made my 360 almost die. :lol:

Additional thoughts. I'm still missing stuff. D= Specifically,
    Behind the 64-cube door, I'm missing a heart piece, and then there's that Black Monolith, who has that secret box on my map just to taunt me, I swear.

The Black Monolith is the last heart piece. Two people in the world know it's answer. People are still trying to figure it out. Join them! But good luck. Haha. Tons of people are trying. No one can figure that damn thing out.

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Make that only one person:

http://samutz.com/lifestream/items/view/212/fez-and-the-monolith

I also came across a website of people trying to crowd brute force it. Good luck with that!

http://fez-monolith.heroku.com/

Amusing though all the crazy numerology bullshit people are coming up with on forums is, the most plausible theory I've heard so far is that the soundtrack (due to be released soon) will somehow have the other half of the burnt map in its sleeve notes.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif