Options

[FEZ] is out on Live Arcade! Use spoiler tags when discussing puzzles and their solution!

• Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Make that only one person:

http://samutz.com/lifestream/items/view/212/fez-and-the-monolith

I also came across a website of people trying to crowd brute force it. Good luck with that!

http://fez-monolith.heroku.com/

Amusing though all the crazy numerology bullshit people are coming up with on forums is, the most plausible theory I've heard so far is that the soundtrack (due to be released soon) will somehow have the other half of the burnt map in its sleeve notes.

Well there was one other guy that posted a picture of the complete heart besides treyher. He isn't talking or hinting or helping or anything. He posted it and then just left and that was it. People already know about that anti cube glitch bs.

Edit: and oh, dude, seriously. I've been reading up on it all as it's been happening. (as I'm intrigued myself). it's fucking crazy. I don't know how the fuck these people come up with any of the shit they're saying and doing.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Reading the discussions on other boards re: the monolith are so insane. I would seriously consider having these people locked up.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Also - I've now got all cubes but the two crappy clock ones - but the telescope still has something so could someone just let me know if it's Totally Bullshit or if it's something I can be reasonably expected to figure out

ok update to this: is the room just bugged? update2: no it's not
    I went in and did the same code as before a couple of time and the chime keeps playing and the ? went away but it's still not gold

ok update again having the ? disappear is probably a bug but there is indeed something else to do in there

There are indeed 2 telescope room secrets. Nested hints.
    look through the scope of course.
    Though this secret is in only one of the 4 fields.
    Still in the stars.
    Is there life on Mars?
    Once again you're looking for a spin code.
    There are a pair of red stars that flash the code.

I have no clue what the reward is or does though. Doesn't seem to go into your inventory anywhere.

Haha yeah I had it when I finished editing that post but thanks~ The room itself actually has a pretty good hint in it - I'm kinda shocked I never noticed any of it myself at first

And yeah I love reading about people trying to "figure out" the monolith when it's nearly definitely just some random code going to be given out later

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    I even went so far as to try googling Phil's mother's name. After all, mother is the name for God on the lips of all children.

• Options
    Don't worry. It's had it's grips on me at points too. Hours of stupid researching for things I shouldn't have been searching for. Should have just slept. I'm done trying though. It's too convoluted at this point. We clearly haven't been given what's needed to find the answer yet. So it's just crazy that people are doing this.

I will say though. To see them community come together like this over this game is awesome to me.

• Options
    It reminds me of the crowd-sourcing trying to find the last skull in Halo 3. People were tearing apart source code all over the place, when in the end it just took some sheet music and a tuner. If the solution is even remotely similar, I may just blow something up.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    On the one hand having looked up the answer to the security riddle, I can safely say I'm happy to leave those kind of mind gymnastics to others. On the other hand my owl exploits show that sometimes the answer is really simple and your own brain massively over complicates things.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    On the one hand having looked up the answer to the security riddle, I can safely say I'm happy to leave those kind of mind gymnastics to others. On the other hand my owl exploits show that sometimes the answer is really simple and your own brain massively over complicates things.

This. Fuck that puzzle. I realized I'm not cut out for this work when I was searching words and turning them into binary and walking back and forth between the 0 and 1 symbol in the monolith room inputting a 60 number binary code by walking back and forth from the 0 and 1 numbers in that room and jumping on them to act as the button press then changing views to walk back to the other symbol to jump on that 2 times to change views and walk back to jump on that however many times so on and so forth.

God. Fuck that.

• Options
    Ok but now watch as the solution was to do that but while holding x

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Ok but now watch as the solution was to do that but while holding x

Don't you dare make me cry in front of you.
    While holding Y.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    So yeah, looks for sure my final pieces are in the same room.
    The grey and green clock ones. Looks like the green one still has several hours left.. and the grey one has several DAYS. :(

• Options
    Magus: I sat in front of that damned clock while I read monolith theories. Didn't. Budge.

• Options
    Hi5 magus me too

The real funny part to me is they've wrestled the hints that it's a 8-part input code just like the rest of those and that there aren't any hints in the game itself out of the dev/the one guy he told but they continue to try to figure out 8-letter words from the tome haikus and whatnot despite there being no mapping of words to controller presses anyway

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    So yeah, looks for sure my final pieces are in the same room.
    The grey and green clock ones. Looks like the green one still has several hours left.. and the grey one has several DAYS. :(
    Just change the internal clock for your own sanity. The grey one goes by a week timer. Seriously. You know how the puzzle works. You figured it out. It's time based. You've earned the right to the cube by knowing it. Just change it man.

• Options
    Won't let me. Guess I have to DC from X-Box live?

• Options
    Yeah you do

Also sometimes that will cause a glitch where you get more anticubes than 32 - that's the people on top of the leaderboard and the one guy tied with the sound test guy

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    There we go. So..
    All that's left is to complete the heart piece, which I assume is connected to the Monolith which no one can decipher except that one guy.

• Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    So, hold on.

There's someone who claims to know the secret to that puzzle everyone's beating their heads against, but he has the same percentage as people who've glitched.

I think he's full of shit. And is just trolling... the sort of coy stuff he's doing is consistent with people who troll the hell out of people like that.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Caedere wrote: »
    So, hold on.

There's someone who claims to know the secret to that puzzle everyone's beating their heads against, but he has the same percentage as people who've glitched.

I think he's full of shit. And is just trolling... the sort of coy stuff he's doing is consistent with people who troll the hell out of people like that.

The guy is apparently a dev of the game, so there's.. that.

• Options
    Story goes he was given the code by Phil Fish (or someone else connected to the game) and has no clue what it relates to. There is always the chance he could be massive trollin' but his story seems to check out.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Finally got around to updating the original post. Title's been changed, including an obligatory spoiler directive (though you guys seem to be doing fine on that count already). I switched out the videos for the Giant Bomb Quick Look, as I think that's the best intro to how the game plays.

Been too busy to play lately, so I can barely even read this thread now. Well I can, but it's pretty disjointed if you don't click on the spoiler boxes. I am so far behind all of you, for serious!

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Finally got around to updating the original post. Title's been changed, including an obligatory spoiler directive (though you guys seem to be doing fine on that count already). I switched out the videos for the Giant Bomb Quick Look, as I think that's the best intro to how the game plays.

Been too busy to play lately, so I can barely even read this thread now. Well I can, but it's pretty disjointed if you don't click on the spoiler boxes. I am so far behind all of you, for serious!

Owls creep me out.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Brilliant, there's now a really fishy looking youtube vid that people are analysing (last input can't be A as he wasn't in the air at the end!).

Spoilers obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmdOUoD4Jzo

Unless he hacked the game it certainly looks legit...

I'm just enjoying the show as people go nuts over it all.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    Caedere wrote: »
    So, hold on.

The guy is apparently a dev of the game, so there's.. that.

According to who? Has his story been confirmed by anyone else? Just because he says he's a dev doesn't mean he's a dev.

Guys! Guys! I'm a developer for Fez and the secret code is "Kubrick", but translated into tetris pieces. You have to convert the letters over, of course, but it's totally that. Because Kubrick directed 2001: A Space Odyssey, and you have to believe me. Because I'm a developer.

See? :P

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Dude, thanks!!! Now I have the portal to the anti-world.

Oops, did I say too much?

• Options
    Also combines the words cube and brick, which feature heavily in the game.

I think he may be on to something! BRB, off to enter meaningless strings of button presses for a few hours.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I should have totally dropped that one on the GameFAQs forums, now I'm kinda sad I didn't. :lol:

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Well his story is that he was the sound effects guy - would not be shocked if his gamertag was in the credits

Wonder why he didn't get that collectibles achievement

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Well his story is that he was the sound effects guy - would not be shocked if his gamertag was in the credits

Wonder why he didn't get that collectibles achievement

He's claiming to be Brandon McCartin?

EDIT: Further research reveals that at least one of the "treyher"s out there posting about this is indeed Brandon McCartin. Interesting.

...not that that absolves him of trolling, of course. ;O

Also, it looks like one of the people posting on one of those analysis boards like is only pretending to be Brandon and isn't actually him.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Somehow I made it all the way to New Game+ before I even found
    the sewers.
    :lol:

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Somehow I made it all the way to New Game+ before I even found
    the sewers.
    :lol:
    Same here. As soon as I heard about some cubes being unnatainable on the first play, I just got what I needed, beat the game, and then proceeded to hunt down every non-gold room like a hoe that owed me money.
    I also thought you had to beat the game twice for flight. I'm kind of glad I didn't know until I got down to just the last bit.

sPider817 on
  • Options
    Had to beat the game twice for what?

Oh...oh gods.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    This game sure likes to make me feel dumb. Got frustrated with my conflicting notes on working out the number code and looked it up.
    The idea of numbers have more than one possible symbol didn't cross my brain for a second despite staring straight at the obvious sign implying that in the Zu classroom.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    This game sure likes to make me feel dumb. Got frustrated with my conflicting notes on working out the number code and looked it up.
    The idea of numbers have more than one possible symbol didn't cross my brain for a second despite staring straight at the obvious sign implying that in the Zu classroom.

Same here.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Brilliant, there's now a really fishy looking youtube vid that people are analysing (last input can't be A as he wasn't in the air at the end!).

Spoilers obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmdOUoD4Jzo

Unless he hacked the game it certainly looks legit...

I'm just enjoying the show as people go nuts over it all.

okay the video was removed

Any chance you could give a detailed explanation on what he did?

• Options
    Walks into the room. Blanks out the screen and puts the word 'secret' up. Cuts back just in time to see the monolith turn into a red cube. It looks pretty convincing so it was either real or a hack of the actual game.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    This thread is full of madmen.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    And I'm done! Just need to wait for the monolith solution to come forth one way or another now.

My only question now is why didn't this game come with avatar awards? A pixelated Fez would be cool.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Walks into the room. Blanks out the screen and puts the word 'secret' up. Cuts back just in time to see the monolith turn into a red cube. It looks pretty convincing so it was either real or a hack of the actual game.
    Excuse me, the video said MYSTERY, not SECRET. I also watched the video the moment before it was deleted. Watched video, opened URL in new window to see if the video had comments THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED BY THE USER.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    OK. I need a real gentle push here.

I just blazed through to NG+. I've obtained most of what I've been able to see. I just am now wandering around finding a few things, but none of it making sense. Can someone point me to a general area to get started? Does it even work that way?

linksig.jpg