Options

[StarCraft2] Thread closed. Move on to the new thread.

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Wow this thread is hitting all the classics already...

-race a complaining about race b
    -wolf is terrible
    -kpop
    -jaziek hates everything.

I think we can all pack it up and go home at this point. Good work people!

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    It's actually even more skewed than that, MNC. Like, from what I've heard, masters is top 2%, so it carries less weight than diamond does.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OK, so Masters/GM are 9-10 scores. Near perfect. Diamonds should still be considered 8-9, which is really good. If you can't be happy with really good....hmmmm....

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Kb9kahneKb9kahne Registered User regular

-race a complaining about race b
    -wolf is terrible
    -kpop
    -jaziek hates everything.

I think we can all pack it up and go home at this point. Good work people!

We haven't touched on idra's early gg's yet, so not yet complete!

11917-1.png
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    jaziek wrote: »
    winrate for the day , just over 33%. 9-17, and I'm about ready to kill myself here.

I suggest you keep going. If you aren't at 50% winrate, then you are actively getting worse at the game.
    Honestly, this is just trolling to see what you break.

; P

I think I hurt my wrist a bit from hitting my desk in frustration earlier. Very much done for the day now though. Tommorow the tilt-a-thon continues.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    OK, so Masters/GM are 9-10 scores. Near perfect. Diamonds should still be considered 8-9, which is really good. If you can't be happy with really good....hmmmm....

Well I'm gonna be pedantic about it, not because I really care, but because I'm stuck at work and trying to kill time.

According to sc2ranks.com, the global league distribution is as follows.

.2% Grandmaster
    4.1% Master
    7.9% Diamond
    14.3% Platinum
    18.4% Gold
    23.8% Silver
    31.3% Bronze

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    winrate for the day , just over 33%. 9-17, and I'm about ready to kill myself here.

I suggest you keep going. If you aren't at 50% winrate, then you are actively getting worse at the game.
    Honestly, this is just trolling to see what you break.

; P

I think I hurt my wrist a bit from hitting my desk in frustration earlier. Very much done for the day now though. Tommorow the tilt-a-thon continues.

i would humbly suggest about a week off from the ladder... at least single player ladder. team laddering is different as you can always blame someone else. you're tilting so hard right now...

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    weird that the vods aren't up

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I was mostly referring to jaziek, but I'd be interested to know why you quit playing. You made it sound like you quit because you couldn't reach masters league.

If I recall, talking to @Frozenzen on mumble was like working at a crisis prevention call center.
    :lol:

fun times though, fun times
    :P

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Now lost to my 7th roach all in today. Good times.

• Options
    Didn't you JUST say you were done?

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    stop hitting yourself

• Options
    815165 wrote: »
    stop hitting yourself

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    This sounds like a perfect time for DotA2 or possibly watching some replays/streams jaz

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Saaruto wrote: »
    This sounds like a perfect time for DotA2 or possibly watching some replays/streams jaz

I wanna watch today's GSL, but the VOD isn't up yet.

I have so little else to do when I'm home for the holidays.

No friends around to go do stuff with, so its just me and my PC all day.

And starcraft is sitting right there, taunting me.

Also with roach rushes, how do you deal with it when the zerg does that fake hatch at the natural into roach all in. He has lings out so you can't get anywhere near his base, and he has full map control so you can't see it coming. Throwing down enough cannons to hold it on the off chance that he IS doing a roach all in puts you more behind than you naturally are at that point in PvZ.

• Options
    yeah it's hard not to play, for real. especially because when you're tilting you want to play even more because your so pissed at what just happened.

it helped for me to have work over the weekend, mlg on, and then I cut my thumb so that was a good excuse for an extra couple of days away.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I was mostly referring to jaziek, but I'd be interested to know why you quit playing. You made it sound like you quit because you couldn't reach masters league.

Naw, I quit because I got really really really angry at myself over being horrible at the game. Even games I won handily I could see at least 5-10 areas to improve on, and I am not ready to spend the 2-3 hours per day over half a year I'd need to get those aspects to a possibly acceptable level.

I mean, I've managed to start being happy with being average in general, but in competetive games it's simply easier and more fun for me not to play :P.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Also with roach rushes, how do you deal with it when the zerg does that fake hatch at the natural into roach all in. He has lings out so you can't get anywhere near his base, and he has full map control so you can't see it coming. Throwing down enough cannons to hold it on the off chance that he IS doing a roach all in puts you more behind than you naturally are at that point in PvZ.

After you've scouted gas pool, you do your best to sneak a probe to his nat. If you don't make it, you add cannons or don't. You won't lose the game by having two extra cannons, especially against gas pool

If he's optimizing the build, he'll have 6 lings instead of the typical 4

His speed won't be out before he cancels the hatch

You never have perfect information in any matchup, you have to flip coins sometimes

TannerMS on
  • Options
    LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    Dang the season is almost at an end already. Somehow spring break hit and I haven't loaded up SC once.

• Options
    it sounds like you should just add the cannons. I often just add 2 bunkers tvp now unless I'm sure I don't need them (which is very hard to be), it's the difference between arguably being slightly behind or flat out losing. the choice is easy.

• Options

I'm beginning to think less and less that early game lings automatically means you cede map control. If you get out a zealot or two and are smart with where you engage the lings you can take out a lot. Knowing where walls/ramps/pits are located and using them as destination points along the way to xel nagas and your opponents base can help. Also keeping a scouting probe around the map is important. Maybe you dont get map control, but 8-10lings shouldn't keep you from having map prescence.

If he has enough lings to actually keep you pinned in your base thats probably a good sign that he has already begun his all in.

Of course this is all contigent on having the apm and wherewithall to not screw up your build at the same time.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I'm thinking I'm either going to skip the next season or play out my starter account time (or do nothing but customs).

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular

I wanna watch today's GSL, but the VOD isn't up yet.

I have so little else to do when I'm home for the holidays.

No friends around to go do stuff with, so its just me and my PC all day.

And starcraft is sitting right there, taunting me.

Grab a replay of Dhal playing PvZ. He's very good about sneaking probes out and getting the scouting information he needs to catch all-ins like that.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    This IPL commercial is trying so hard to be "epic" and it just seems so very silly.

It's like they found a rejected Monday Night Football script and edited in "SC2" where applicable. :P

• Options
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    I'm thinking I'm either going to skip the next season or play out my starter account time (or do nothing but customs).

Season 7. Nothin but star strikers. Let's make it happen.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    This IPL commercial is trying so hard to be "epic" and it just seems so very silly.

It's like they found a rejected Monday Night Football script and edited in "SC2" where applicable. :P

At least it's better than that fail-mode from IPL3.

Not even the god-forsaken Beelzebub demon-spawn would dare such atrocity on our poor hapless mortal race.

*shudder*

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    http://drop.sc/147758 - PvP from earlier today. Anyone give me some advice on this, and on PvP in general, because I'm not entirely sure what the deciding factor in me losing this was.

jaziek on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular

-wolf is terrible
    I don't really understand this "don't mention the war!!!1"-sentiment. It's kinda hard to circumvent or talk around the cold facts of the situation.

• Options
    PraetorPraetor [Redacted]Registered User regular
    While we're going with thread staples - OMG STEPHANO!

3DS FC: 3067-6095-3603
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    http://drop.sc/147758 - PvP from earlier today. Anyone give me some advice on PvP, because I'm not entirely sure what the deciding factor in me losing this was.

I don't think that game was over, you had lots of money, a colossus about to pop, 2/2 to 1/1, and were +20 probes. If you had sacced the third and regrouped you might've been able to hold.

You lost because you tried to stretch your lead too far. You went for your Robo Bay, a third, double forge, blink, and lots of probes all at once. In my eyes, you invested too much in a longer game that your opponent couldn't allow. You also didn't warp in anything or blink during the final battle.

TannerMS on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Next season I'm going to play random all the time with my smurf account (that I Terran'd with last season). That should let me learn Z gradually and I won't care if I lose

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    http://drop.sc/147758 - PvP from earlier today. Anyone give me some advice on PvP, because I'm not entirely sure what the deciding factor in me losing this was.

The 2 main points that contributed to your opponent being able to catch up to you:

- Army composition
    - Not enough production

Basically you over compensated for him going phoenixes with stalkers and didn't push your advantage while you had it. When you won that first fight to hold your natural after blink finished you should have chased him down and kept the pressure on him. Also if he goes phoenixes, get some cannons at your mineral lines or camp your mineral lines with stalkers till you're ready to move out. You knew exactly what he was doing thanks to your three observers. Doing this would have allowed you to go more zealot heavy and get archons which wrecks stalker/immortal/phoenix.

Also, if you'd added two extra gates per new Nexus, you'd have won that last fight through reinforcements because you had the better economy. Unfortunately you stayed on 4 gates.

Other than that it's just general stuff like focus firing his stalkers with yours, replacing workers on gas as soon as they killed etc etc

SorC on
    11776-1.png
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular

I'm not an expert on PvP but here's a few things I noticed.

-You skipped your initial zealot to get your second gas earlier, which was unnecessary. You don't need that much gas with a 4gate robo, or most PvP builds really. Get the second gas around 21 supply.
    -You should have chrono'd out a sentry after your stalker finished. A normal 4gate would have walked all over you (actually I'm not sure if you scouted a second gas. If you did, disregard)
    -You were pretty far ahead after the 4gate attack. Should have had cannons up in your mineral line as soon as you saw the phoenixes.
    -Need to tech to either collossi or archons a lot sooner. In this case you should have been heading towards chargelot/archon, because you saw that he had pure stalker/immortal/phoenix which was coincidentally the perfect composition to counter yours. You needed to be a lot more zealot heavy because of his high immortal count.
    -The double forge was unnecessary. It slowed down your tech too much, getting one is fine.

• Options
    TannerMS wrote: »

I don't think that game was over, you had lots of money, a colossus about to pop, 2/2 to 1/1, and were +20 probes. If you had sacced the third and regrouped you might've been able to hold.

You lost because you tried to stretch your lead too far. You went for your Robo Bay, a third, double forge, blink, and lots of probes all at once. In my eyes, you invested too much in a longer game that your opponent couldn't allow. You also didn't warp in anything or blink during the final battle.

in your opinion then, which one of those things should I not have gone for?

And yeah, micro also needs a lot of work.

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Sceptre wrote: »
    Since daylight savings time, it is almost impossible for me to stay up and watch the GSL these days :(

Haven't seen this posted for a while either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9CALKOvAI

I don't get the whole k-pop thing. I'm assuming you all just mute the videos while watching? :)

That's what I was doing.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    they are pretty ladies but really

watching pop music videos to see sexy ladies was tedious when I was 16, I don't know why you guys bother.

Variable on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Panda4You wrote: »

-wolf is terrible
    I don't really understand this "don't mention the war!!!1"-sentiment. It's kinda hard to circumvent or talk around the cold facts of the situation.

the problem isn't that he's blunt and honest, that's a good thing and a lot of other casters do it

the problem is when he tries to do that, but his analysis and understanding of the game isn't actually as good as he thinks it is, and he just consistently says wrong shit

he's never annoyed me that much personally, but that's kinda the big problem with his casting

Biosys on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    TannerMS wrote: »

in your opinion then, which one of those things should I not have gone for?

And yeah, micro also needs a lot of work.

Personally, I would've done a 2 base allin with an ass load of immortals after you got your expo up. You had a decisive lead, no reason to let him sneak back into the game

But I don't think you needed the second forge or blink

TannerMS on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

watching pop music videos to see sexy ladies was tedious when I was 16, I don't know why you guys bother.

it was hard trying to masturbate to mtv as a young sir, by the time you'd got warmed up through a britney/christina song fucking usher or someone would show up and you'd be back to square one

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

it was hard trying to masturbate to mtv as a young sir, by the time you'd got warmed up through a britney/christina song fucking usher or someone would show up and you'd be back to square one

Nothing wrong with a little usher in there. Have you seen his dance moves?