As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] Thread closed. Move on to the new thread.

• Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    roaches, banelings is the answer

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    How in the fucking fuckety fuck do I beat aggressive tank-marine terrans, silver-gold level? They just annihilate all my shit, time and again! The tanks are out before mutas (mutas feel terrible zvt anyhoo :[ ) and any bare minimum of stutterstep micro on top of those 4 (or more) spread tanks will void any number of lings thrown at his map advancement.

I'm just at loss of what to do... That I don't really have the apm to deal with drops doesn't exactly make things more comfortable.

post a replay.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    The MKP video is super sick. The most amazing things to me are the MULEs at 5:00, and the expo floating out at 5:40.

He holds that attacks so brilliantly, with such sick conc shell micro on the zealots, and he still NAILS his macro while he's doing it.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    MarineKing proves that tvp is fine, but it doesn't matter because he's the only one who can play well enough for it to be balanced.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    That won't work. It'll delay your 2 cannons in your nat needed to stop the hatch from finishing or kill it fast enough before it can spawn real annoying units.

You'll end up with cannons in his nat but lings / queen / or roaches in your face.

Can't you put up the 2 cannons and force cancel on the hatch and still pull it off with your scouting probe?
    I have done pretty much every retarded cheesy start/response in pvz possible, and pretty sure i've pulled this off.

I actually kind of enjoy endless cheese in the opening of pvz, the guy with better multi tasking always seems to win if you just keep at it. Never give up on putting down cannons, have decoy probes out to lure off followers etc.

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Actually, the best moment I have ever had, is when I faked a cannon rush on his natural, causing him to pull probes, then I pylon blocked and put cannon on the top of his ramp instead, wich he didn't see until trying to come back in to his base.

I had two probes that is, the second, hidden one doing the ramp.

"fu bg no re."

Rofflor on
    76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    I am happy that the GSL Terrans are getting their asses kicked. I'm tired of having a GSL round of 16 that has 10 Terran in it.

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    watching that MKP video, and then watching SC:BW videos, MKP looks like gold league scrub with no apm

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »
    MarineKing proves that tvp is fine, but it doesn't matter because he's the only one who can play well enough for it to be balanced.

That's a big aspect of Bio, it scales better with micro than any other army. Whether that's a feature or a problem depends on your point of view.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    RedOneRedOne Registered User regular
    if i were a terran player, i would only do one-base cheeses and mech

1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    RedOneRedOne Registered User regular
    but really i'd prob just 3rax all in every game

1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    Guys I'm done. Stephano maxes at 11 minutes in PvZ. How do you answer this? Early pressure? Timing attacks? http://www.twitch.tv/mstephano/b/314721898

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Saaruto wrote: »
    Guys I'm done. Stephano maxes at 11 minutes in PvZ. How do you answer this? Early pressure? Timing attacks? http://www.twitch.tv/mstephano/b/314721898

he got supply blocked a few times

like, he could've done better

#feelinglikejaziek

Biosys on
  • Options

Watch Nestea vs Squirtle on Daybreak from IPL4. Nestea screwed up the build a bit and hit at a later timing, but Squirtle crushed it with good forcefields and tons of immortals.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    The later timing makes that game a bad example imo, as well as nestea sacrificing all his roaches for free to an observer when trying to flank. Was some amazing play from squirtle though.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    The later timing makes that game a bad example imo, as well as nestea sacrificing all his roaches for free to an observer when trying to flank. Was some amazing play from squirtle though.

I'm fairly certain that Squirtle would have held even if Nestea hit at the proper timing. More importantly, it shows the best response to the 12 minute roach max. Nestea was in a ton of trouble even if he hadn't thrown away all his roaches; if you can't take down the Protoss third with that timing then it is very difficult to hold the subsequent push that hits before broodlords can come out.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7shohOZ9u3I&feature=g-all-u&context=G279c6eeFAAAAAAAALAA

this is pretty damn good

violet highlight video

violet favouritest player

Biosys on
  • Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular

any kind of pressure / delaying of the 2nd/3rd hatches delays max by a minute+.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edcO-DiEmQo&feature=plcp&context=C44be5f0VDvjVQa1PpcFNZ7_sxfecVlxGYxgPUy000Bt5NiwblyDk=

this is also a good video, interviews with violet and kas

edit: kas is a cool guy

Biosys on
  • Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Biosys wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7shohOZ9u3I&feature=g-all-u&context=G279c6eeFAAAAAAAALAA

this is pretty damn good

violet highlight video

violet favouritest player

not a fan of the Foster the People remix, but otherwise good video

fatalspoons on
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Friends, Romans, countrymen! I yadda yadda

I AM BACK ASKING FOR MODS

6Br1h.jpg
    Image copyright Penny Arcade, Inc. 2002. I did not have anything to do with making it.

We have yet another big event coming up April 28th! Seeing how all the volunteer mods kicked total ass last time, I was hoping to get more of you redshirts meatshields fine young gentlemen to help with the event! PM me if you're interested!

Gentlemen... O_O

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    You guys have been spending too long around here with no ladies

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    La...dy? Is that some sort of new Zerg strain?

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    mEEksa wrote: »

i think that's one of the upcoming nydus variations in HotS

• Options

i think that's one of the upcoming nydus variations in HotS

It's the nydus worm that spawns into your base, rearranges the layout, changes the color scheme, and puts potpourri and baby pictures everywhere.

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    Also, it hates your friends.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Also, it nags at you for looking at other structures every time you don't have it on your screen.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It constantly tells you that you don't make enough minerals.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    And you have to feed it large amounts of minerals before you can load units in it.

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    And god forbid if you want to go fishing every once in a while! Sometimes I need some time to myself ok?! No, this isn't about you! Why does it always have to be about you?! Oh great! You're crying now?! Really?!
    I'm sorry baby.

• Options
    omg, I love you guys. Best posts ever.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    SC2 must be one of the most male dominated games out there

What is it the ladies don't like about furious, exhausting gameplay and self-loathing??

• Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    mo minral mo problem

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Bad guys get all the girls which is why idra gets worse at starcraft the better he looks

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

okay, that was pretty cool, but seriously, why did they make such a big deal out of the fact that he was fighting a 4gate?

He killed half of the Protoss' probes with hellions before the build even got going. He was facing a 2gate because of that, maybe, at most. He got lucky with the hellions.

edit: oh okay, there's more to the video. The first game wasn't remotely impressive though.

edit2: okayyyyy so I watched the second one and he screwed up some banshee micro and stop-moved some hellions against scvs. what am i supposed to be looking at here

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

okay, that was pretty cool, but seriously, why did they make such a big deal out of the fact that he was fighting a 4gate?

He killed half of the Protoss' probes with hellions before the build even got going. He was facing a 2gate because of that, maybe, at most. He got lucky with the hellions.

edit: oh okay, there's more to the video. The first game wasn't remotely impressive though.

Yeah the hellion one wasn't super impressive, but that last one against the protoss all-in? That made me cry a little.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Okay so yeah the bio micro one at the end was pretty good. Wasn't anything groundbreaking, but it can be tricky to keep your cool in a situation like that.

The baneling splitting one wasn't anything that we haven't seen in Happy's videos done better.

I get what the person was trying to show off, but MarineKing has so many good micro moments in his career and it seems like the person making the video half-assed this. Its a shitty highlight video.

• Options
    If you're going to make a highlight video of MKP, just grab a bunch of clips of him storm dodging against Parting. So fucking good.

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    grubby streaming
    ;)

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    If you're going to make a highlight video of MKP, just grab a bunch of clips of him storm dodging against Parting. So fucking good.

Yeah, that would work.