As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] Thread closed. Move on to the new thread.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    What files do I need to move around to transfer my game options and hotkeys to another account folder?

I don't know about Game Options but there's a Hotkey folder.

Thank you. I made a bet with a friend for 10 bucks that I could get his account to Diamond by Saturday. 5 Placement matches later...

LOL, easiest $10 you ever made.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    What files do I need to move around to transfer my game options and hotkeys to another account folder?

I don't know about Game Options but there's a Hotkey folder.

Thank you. I made a bet with a friend for 10 bucks that I could get his account to Diamond by Saturday. 5 Placement matches later...

Edit:
    @Variable
    The daily today is on Hellion/Banshee into third vZ if you're interested.

nice, he's also going over a game I've wanted to look at (I literally have in my notes 'MKP mech on Dual Sight') right now so when the vod comes up I'll go over it closer, just got home so I missed most of it.

thanks!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ImpyrockerImpyrocker Registered User regular
    decided to tank down and learn terran this season. I'm planning to mech in , hellion into marine/tank in tvz and ??? in tvp. Could somebody give me build orders for mech tvt and the hellion opener tvz? Or any ideas about what to do in tvp.

1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Impyrocker wrote: »
    decided to tank down and learn terran this season. I'm planning to mech in , hellion into marine/tank in tvz and ??? in tvp. Could somebody give me build orders for mech tvt and the hellion opener tvz? Or any ideas about what to do in tvp.

mech tvt and reactor hellion in tvz are the same build

10 depot
    12 rax
    13 gas
    17 factory
    20 CC

• Options
    I much prefer getting the starport before expanding in tvt but that's stylistic I guess. I open banshee, personally.

also you forgot the reactor in the build!

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Why is everyone suddenly switching to Terran!? Not that I'm complaining, it's nice to see the PA racial balance become less lopsided.

• Options
    ImpyrockerImpyrocker Registered User regular
    mEEksa wrote: »
    Why is everyone suddenly switching to Terran!? Not that I'm complaining, it's nice to see the PA racial balance become less lopsided.

Got fed up with pvt, I think that learning terran might help me with that matchup, and if I can get it up to a diamond level, then I can play random.

1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Protoss remains the race with least options overall, and has a pretty rigid playstyle in general.

There is a reason PvX are the matchups most people complain about watching.

• Options
    basically what Frozen said

I like Terran because the two best matchups in the game are TvZ and TvT, in that order. And TvP isn't TOO bad - certainly not as bad as PvZ or PvP, at least.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    I much prefer getting the starport before expanding in tvt but that's stylistic I guess. I open banshee, personally.

also you forgot the reactor in the build!

i usually get the starport after the CC but before landing it. For a viking or two, usually.

• Options
    that makes plenty of sense. I always liked the banshee open because it lets me scout a bit, helps me against almost any type of pressure, and I get that tech lab on the starport so I can get a raven pretty early.

but you could obviously do this in just a different order.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    TvP is a silly as hell matchup though. It was my best matchup when I played because it was simple back then, either the protoss defended the terran agression and got 3+ bases and won, or they didn't and lost. These days I see a lot of 2 base timings to punish terran greed, but it still feels like early/midgame is terrans chance to win, and endgame there isn't much they can do to stop the protoss ball+instant reinforcements to roll them assuming econ is even. Hell, my preferred style of PvT is just defending the inevitable aggression, and then literally just a-moving chargelot/archon while expanding more behind it to power... even more chargelot/archon.

And there is the part where terran is literally forced into bio+vikings, or ghosts depending on the protoss tech choice. And well PvP looks a lot better these days, but I'm sure playing it would make me hate it. PvZ has the sillyness of PvT except it's twice as bad. The game literally comes down to whether the zerg can abuse their insane early/midgame advantage to stop the protoss from getting to lategame, or in some cases if MC the protoss can 2 base them to death with some weirdass timing.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    I feel like protoss has options, I thought pvx get complained about from the viewer perspective because the matches aren't really even throughout. protoss is at a disadvantage and then eventually at and advantage no matter who is playing or what style they choose. that is boring, even with a couple of different approaches to getting there.

but then I don't play it.

• Options
    Well, I suppose protoss has a bunch of different options, but it feels like it boils down to either 2 base timing and bust someone face in, or get colossi or templar to supplement your gateway army, which basically becomes pieces of hp to shield your aoe at some point in the game. But there are a lot of different ways to get there, unlike terran who has to go MMM. But MMM can do so many different things, while what a protoss is able to do is very much defined by his tech.

I am extremely biased though, so there is that :P.

• Options
    I think we agree, just said it differently.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Impyrocker wrote: »

TvZ
    13 Gas Reactor Hellion:
    10 Depot
    12 Rax
    13 Gas
    15 OC + Marines to 2
    16 Depot
    17 Factory
    19 Reactor
    Optional 2 Marine Bunker Rush
    21 CC
    22 Depot
    23 Swap and start Hellions
    From there you can either expand again or start building units for a 10ish minute push. Park your Hellions at the front of his base and try not to let anything out, be it units or creep.

TvT
    Mech usually relies on either a Hellion expand, like the one above, or a Banshee expand because Gasless FE into double Gas is unsafe against several kinds of Terran harass. I personally suggest Banshee expand, but I know Dhal has had success with the Hellion one.

Banshee expand:
    10 Depot
    12 Rax
    13 Gas
    15 OC + Marines to 4
    16 Depot
    17 Factory
    19 Gas
    22 Depot
    24 Port + TLab
    Optional Bunker at the front
    26 Depot
    27 Swap and start Cloak then a Banshee
    33 CC
    I don't know enough about Mech to discuss proper transitions.

TvP
    The only truely viable openings in current TvP are Gasless FE and 1-1-1 all-in. 2Rax pressure served me well for a long time but has become defunct at this point. If you choose not to 1-1-1, off a Gasless FE you can go either 2-2-2 into a third and then swap to Bio or just go Bio from the start. The best build for starting out is probably a 4Rax mid-game, which is pretty safe against pressure.

Gasless FE into 4Rax:
    10 Depot
    12 Rax
    15 OC + Marine
    16 CC
    17 Depot
    Optional Bunker at the front (not actually optional unless you're MKP)
    Then drop 3 more Barracks and pump Marines until you have enough spare cash to grab your Gasses.
    Do your best to get out on the map, the Protoss can't have aoe tech yet, so a Marine ball is very capable of asserting itself. Depending on what the Protoss is doing, you can either tech to Medivacs afterward or throw down Tech Labs and E-Bays.

Edit: Wow this thread really moved while I was writing this.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I think we agree, just said it differently.

Probably. Currently 6 in the morning high on cafeine writing an essay on a zen buddhist text. Chances are I'm not at my most coherent.

• Options
    this is my mech tvt
    10depot
    12rax
    13gas
    15orbital
    constant marines (for now)
    fac @ 100 gas
    depot around 20
    starport after fac, I skip the hellion now but you can make one here (I skip it because it doesn't do much, gives away your banshee, and delays your expand) and then make a tech lab on fac (if you skip the hellion just make sure you start the tech lab to finish before the starport)
    cc at 400 minerals (you can cut marines to get this down faster, I make between 3-5 honestly purely depending on how gutsy I'm feeling)

harass with the banshee. even if it dies fast at least you get a scout off, but really try to keep it alive for later.

immediately after starting the cc, add a second gas. at 50 gas make a reactor on your rax while making single hellions from the fac. swap when reactor is done.

after the banshee you should have 200 gas, make a raven. if you don't have the gas for any reason, make a viking instead. whichever you make first, make the other afterwards (this allows you to blind counter cloak banshee but more importantly begin to establish air control for later AND PDD is a necessity vs. marauders)

when you land your expo make a 3rd and 4th gas immediately (I sometimes only make 3 if I don't think I need to fight for air control yet. you can still use all your facs and it will get you a third faster. if you wait on the 4th gas take it immediately on dropping a 3rd cc)

after you've made those air units your next 200 gas goes to 2 facs, you can make the tech labs with the rax if you remember otherwise just add them when the facs complete

depending where you're at with gas and what you scout, get either siege or blue flame (one then the other or at the same time, I play this by ear) while producing 2x tanks and 2x hellions. during any lull make a reactor for your starport (you can also do this with the rax, of course)

after you make a third cc either add 2 facs or add 2 armories. I prefer the latter, ups become very important very quickly.

from there, watch out for them trying to air transition, remember to make sensor towers, and honestly try to be on the map. it seems scary but it will help improve your reaction time and you have the straight up better army as long as you pay attention. sensor towers are a LIFESAVER but even then, at some point turret rings are smart. any bio player will say fuck it, I don't care if he knows I'm coming it's doom drop time. they have to do this, you have to be ready for it.

this is weak to 1 thing and that's a fast siege push. luckily you have a fast fac and starport so the only real issue is scouting. if you scout double gas and a tech lab on their fac (in the early game I'm talking), drop everything and get a second gas and start tank/viking production and get siege. 2-3 vikings and 2-3 tanks is usually all you need but siege is a 100% requirement (I get 1 of each unit, then siege, and then prioritize vikings because they can't do anything to you without air control)

I think that's everything, let me know if any of it doesn't make sense. it's the only style I play and it's working well for me lately playing it exactly like this.

• Options
    bonus pool only seems to work when it wants lately. weird.

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular

because mules

• Options
    the MCSL used to have a 2v2 part at least, not sure about the current one.

• Options
    RedOneRedOne Registered User regular
    shwaip wrote: »

because mules

/wipe out terran scv count
    /they lose no economy
    /they kill all your drones with a drop
    /gg

TERRAN

1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Have there been any 2v2 tournaments casted or anything?

I'd love to see some pro team games with a little more analysis than protech's stream.

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    the EG MCSL used to have a 2v2 match as part of it's normal team vs team structure, but i can't find any vods of past seasons

also the esl had a 2v2 tournament casted by bitterdam a while back, here's a list of vods:

http://tv.esl.eu/de/vod_search/?q=2v2+tournament&page=1

Biosys on
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Why is the music on every korean's stream so incredibly shit. I'd take Kpop over whatever the hell genre it is any day. Its like the most boring, uninspired dry, elevator style music. Every single song sounds exactly the god damn same. Geez.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    jaziek wrote: »
    Why is the music on every korean's stream so incredibly shit. I'd take Kpop over whatever the hell genre it is any day. Its like the most boring, uninspired dry, elevator style music. Every single song sounds exactly the god damn same. Geez.

kinda like the koreans do ho ho

1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    lategame tvp: wasting my time since I dunno like 3 months ago? since protoss got their shit together finally.

• Options
    MVP TONIGHT! and the last two zergs out of 16 players! and a liquid player!

and dhal says meh maybe I'll watch vods.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    MVP beats july, Leenock beats hero.

Leenock beats MVP, hero beats July

Hero beats MVP.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    MVP TONIGHT! and the last two zergs out of 16 players! and a liquid player!

and dhal says meh maybe I'll watch vods.

i havent laddered in 2 days. gsl can wait

• Options
    I want July to win so bad

I watched him during BW and he was my favorite player!

1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    mvp < july
    leenock > hero
    july < leenock
    mvp < hero
    july > hero

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    MVP > July
    Hero > Leenock
    Hero > MVP
    July > Leenock
    July > MVP

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    MVP not walling off against the only Zerg to 6 pool a Terran in the history of the GSL (Not counting Idra's because he was throwing that game, even if it almost worked)
    July > MVP
    Hero > Leenock
    Hero > July
    MVP > Leenock
    MVP > July

edit: this game is fucking sick

TannerMS on
  • Options
    oops you looked away for a second

no more drones for you

• Options
    edited April 2012
    so this game, leenock would have had broods 10 minutes ago

edit - I wasn't watching there are a billion reasons that might not have been possible but... leenock would have

Variable on
  • Options
    well July had like 3k gas for the last 10 minutes so :-/

• Options
    oh, here's my predictions, linking to prove I made them before it started
    http://www.gosu.com/2012/04/gsl-2012-season-2-round-of-16-group-b-preview

mvp>july
    hero>leenock
    mvp>hero
    leenock>july
    Hero>leenock

• Options
    oh fuck

why did i book a dentist appointment during gsl hours

• Options
    edited April 2012
    That drone count :)

This is how people should play muta ling, you'll never max before hive anyways

EDIT: Wait 15 minute Baneling speed when you're at 3.5/2? fucking july

TannerMS on