As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PATV: Season 3, Ep. 20 - Zeppeling (4th Panel)

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited March 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Tube on

• NergyNergy Registered User regular
    Really liked this one. Often Mike is the one shooting the lines and Jerry filters them, but they seemed to strike a balance in this one. I have a friend who spends night and day on Second Life. It's super depressing going to his house, the guy has 100s of video games and he's probably played about 10 of them.

I mean sure he makes a little money creating, selling and managing virtual property, hell i'd do the same thing if it was more like the Metaverse in Snow Crash. But it's more like a pre-beta MMO from pre-2000.

• RaddRadd Registered User regular
    SL is capable of looking way better than it's presented, there are places in SL that, as far as graphics go, put more than a few modern MMOs to shame, but the people who run it are just so insanely stupid in how they market and develop it.

They refuse to pay for professional content to show off what's possible, instead relying on community donations for things like starter avatars and the environments they use as promotional materials. Which means they get kids and housewives with no professional training doing all their design work.

The poor presentation and broken tools, and the in-bred community of apologists who think said tools are fine, tend to drive away most people who actually know how to do good work.

sp-banner-long.gif
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    all i remember about SL was being assigned to go to large company's island and ask a rep about how they use the graphical chat room to further their business

my group got excused from the assignment on account of literally not being able to find a single soul logged in except for ourselves. There was no one to pose any questions to. Every island was abandoned. It was depressing in it's loneliness, like finding an old website that has news from 7 years ago and promises of forgotten things to come

TIFunkalicious on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I loved the discussion of sac vs sack.

steam_sig.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    in my mind, a sac only holds one thing: the eggs of an insect or arachnid

that is why it is grosser than sack

KalTorak on
  • TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    in my mind, a sac only holds one thing: the eggs of an insect or arachnid

that is why it is grosser than sack

"Sacs" spawn monsters, "sacks" contain treasure.
    (Also, in Neverwinter, bags are plump sacks.)

Tapar.jpg

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla

Man you're so fucked now. He is hopping mad that you did this. HOPPING mad.

• DindoTanisDindoTanis Registered User regular
    I know he (Jerry) has been talking lately about how he wants to play indie games again and how the Mac is just a "well behaved" computer, and I noticed in the latest PATV 4th panel episode that the switch back to a PC has been indeed performed. My question is, dude . . . windows actually runs VERY nicely on a mac. . . why set aside that beautiful all-in-one package for a pieced together "thing that can play all the games I want" when you could have just used BootCamp and had it all anyways. Surely he must have known this was an option . . . . I've been doing it for a while now on my 27 inch i7, and I tell you what it's flawless!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Sometimes people like piecing together their PCs? I know I do.

steam_sig.png
  • DindoTanisDindoTanis Registered User regular
    That's a good point I guess. I know i've done it quite a few times. Just seems odd to have a machine that is more than capable of being a windows machine and not use it. I run Windows on mine to play Skyrim and all my other games. To each their own right?

• iamthemonkeyheadiamthemonkeyhead Registered User regular
    My Mac doesn't run much on Parallels but maybe it's just the software. I have an i7 and everything, though the RAM could be higher.

• TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Parallels and Bootcamp aren't the same thing. Parallels is virtualization, which pays a huge performance tax compared to Bootcamp, which is just dual booting.

sig.png
  • armageddonboundarmageddonbound Registered User regular
    I just noticed that Jerry types with just two fingers, and while watching his hands. I'm so disappointed.