As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rex: Fall of an Empire] Game 01 - End of Round 6, Game Over!

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Oh? In my opinion I think you should ask for the history log, part of your power after all.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Is that still around? Looking over the posts I think you guys have one card each that I'm not sure of.

MrBody on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Yeah I would have expected blarney would just add you to the pm so you'd get everything. Some cards are unknown even to you though. One of mine is

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    This oversight has been corrected. BobCesca up to bid.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    Is that still around? Looking over the posts I think you guys have one card each that I'm not sure of.

You won't know the 1 card we started out with, and Letnev draws an extra card from the pile without you looking at it.

• Options
    Egos must pass, jakobagger is up to bid.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

• Options
    Alegis has conditional orders to pass, bidding returns to MrBody.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options

• Options
    pass

• Options
    @jakobagger, it is your bid.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

• Options
    pass

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Round 5

jakobagger wins the card, paying 6 Influence to the bank. (Lazax Influence 34 --> 28)

Round 5: Phase 2: Bidding Phase Summary

Card 1: Won by jakobagger for 1 Influence (Lazax SC --> 3, Inf --> 34)
    Card 2: Won by Phyphor for 6 Influence (Sol SC --> 2, Inf --> 12; Lazax Inf --> 40)
    Card 3: jakobagger transfers 8 Influence to Alegis. (Lazax Inf --> 32; Xxcha Inf --> 20) Won by BobCesca for 5 Influence (Hacan SC --> 3, Inf --> 20; Lazax Inf --> 37)
    Card 4: Won by Phyphor for 5 Influence (Sol SC --> 3, Inf --> 7; Lazax Inf --> 42)
    Card 5: jakobagger transfers 17 Influence to Phyphor. (Lazax Inf --> 25; Sol Inf --> 24) Won by Phyphor for 9 Influence (Sol SC -- > 4, Inf --> 15; Lazax Inf --> 34)
    Card 6: Won by jakobagger for 6 Influence (Lazax SC --> 4, Inf --> 28)

Current Situation

Rex-PAGame01-R05-2.png

Letnev-40px.pngBarony of Letnev - Egos
    Influence: 2

Deployed Units: 0 Units
    Reserve Units: 14 Units
    Available Leaders: Spy Master (Strength 1), Legate (Strength 2), Magistrate (Strength 3)
    Casualties: 6 Units, Sovereign (Strength 4), Overseer (Strength 6)

Strategy Cards: 6
    Traitor Cards: 4
    Lazax-40px.pngLazax Empire - jakobagger
    Influence: 28

Deployed Units: 8 Units + 2 Mechanized Units
    Reserve Units: 0 Units
    Available Leaders: Centurion (Strength 2), Praetor (Strength 3), Prefect (Strength 3), Chancellor (Strength 5), Mirritar (Strength 6)
    Casualties: 7 Units + 3 Mechanized Units

Strategy Cards: 4
    Traitor Cards: 1

Allied with Sol and Xxcha
    Sol-40px.pngFederation of Sol - Phyphor
    Influence: 15

Deployed Units: 10 Units
    Reserve Units: 0 units
    Available Leaders: Commander (Strength 2), Captain (Strength 3), Colonel (Strength 5), General (Strength 6), Admiral (Strength 7)
    Casualties: 10 Units

Strategy Cards: 4

Allied with Xxcha and Lazax
    Xxcha-40px.pngXxcha Kingdom - Alegis
    Influence: 20

Deployed Units: 16 Units
    Available Leaders: Ambassador (Strength 5), Diplomat (Strength 5), Emissary (Strength 5), Envoy (Strength 5), Orator (Strength 5)
    Casualties: 4 Units

Strategy Cards: 3

Allied with Sol and Lazax
    JolNar-40px.pngUniversities of Jol-Nar - MrBody
    Influence: 22

Deployed Units: 9 Units
    Reserve Units: 11 Units
    Available Leaders: Engineer (Strength 1), Analyst (Strength 2), Factorum (Strength 4), Preceptor (Strength 5), Technocrat (Strength 5)
    Casualties: 0

Allied with Hacan
    Hacan-40px.pngEmirates of Hacan - BobCesca
    Influence: 20

Deployed Units: 9 Units
    Available Leaders: Negotiator (Strength 1), Trade Captain (Strength 2), Smuggler Lord (Strength 4)
    Casualties: 11 Units, Master of Lies (Strength 3), Merchant Prince (Strength 5)

Allied with Jol-Nar

Round 5: Phase 3: Recruitment Phase

MrBody has no units to retrieve from casualties. BobCesca is up next for recruitment.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Recruit 5 units and Merchant Prince

• Options
    BobCesca retrieves 1 free unit and pays 13 Influence to retrieve 4 more and her Merchant Prince leader.

@Egos, will you spend influence to retrieve more than your free units?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Aside from the free recruitment (2), I'll recruit one more unit with 2 influence..

• Options
    Egos retrieves 2 free units and pays 2 influence to retrieve 1 more.

jakobagger, you're up for recruitment.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Retrieve four normal units, one mechanized unit. Paying six for three non-free units.

That's the maximum, right?

jakobagger on
  • Options
    I think you'd pay 8, you only get 1 free

• Options
    Whoops, you're right. Oh well, I have money to spare.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Round 5

jakobagger retrieves 1 free Mechanized unit and pays 8 Influence to retrieve 4 standard units. Phyphor has conditional orders to retrieve 3 free units and pay 4 Influence to retrieve 2 more. Alegis has conditional orders to retrieve 1 free unit and pay 6 Influence to retrieve 3 more.

Round 5: Phase 3: Recruiment Phase Summary

BobCesca retrieves 1 free unit and pays 13 Influence to retrieve 4 more plus the Merchant Prince leader. (Hacan Inf --> 7, Cas --> 6, Res --> 5)
    Egos retrieves 2 free units and pays 2 Influence to retrieve 1 more. (Letnev Inf --> 0, Cas --> 3, Res --> 17)
    jakobagger retrieves 1 free Mechanized unit and pays 8 Influence to retrieve 4 standard units. (Lazax Inf --> 20, Cas --> 4 + 2 Mech., Res --> 4 + 1 Mech.)
    Phyphor retrieves 3 free units and pays 4 Influence to retrieve 2 more. (Sol Inf --> 11, Cas --> 5, Res --> 5)
    Alegis retrieves 1 free unit and pays 6 Influence to retrieve 3 more. (Xxcha Inf --> 14, Cas --> 0, Res --> 4)

Round 5: Phase 4: Maneuvering Phase

MrBody starts the round by peeking at the top card of the Influence Deck and makes the first maneuvers.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hmmmmmm

Well, Bob. I wouldn't try too hard to collect influence since one of the cards they got was a tracking beacon. They can set off a Sol Offensive at the start of any turn and wipe out any units we collected with.

I'm gonna hit Lazax. We win wars of unit attrition and if he rebuilds his stuff they have no more money. Not sure what else we can do right now. Xxcha can just decline combat and so can Sol since he moves last. Attacking Xxcha at the spaceport might force him to turtle and he'd lose the movement for next turn. It might be worth it to use your 2 unit group to pick up 4 influence from holonet. I dunno.

Here's what I know about their cards. The good news is they kind of have crappy ones:

Lazax - energy shield, energy shield, tracking beacon, ?????

Sol r - double agent, tactical retreat, atmospheric ionizer, ????

Xxcha - Biological, Atmospheric Ionizer, ????

Really really regretting not inviting Letnev to alliance. I don't think we can even take 4 strongholds so it wouldn't matter if we brought on a 3rd, but his traitor cards would help us at least draw it out to Hacan turn 8 victory. We might just have to hope Xxcha didn't predict that.

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Movement: move 8 units at civilian spaceport to Mecatol Power South (8 influence).
    Deploy all 11 reserves to mecatol power south (11 influence)

MrBody on
  • Options
    Error: Invalid movement. Mecatol Power South is more than four spaces away from Civilian Spaceport. Please revise your orders.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    A more thorough analysis including the info from above

Good news: Jol Nar & Hacan don't seem to have much in the way of defenses; Jol Nar may not have a bioweapon which he seems to absolutely need to win vs Lazax

Energy Rifle
    Discarded
    Held by Jol Nar
    ???
    ???
    ???

Bioweapon
    Discarded
    Held by Letnev
    Held by Xxcha
    ???
    ???

Atm. Ionizer
    Discarded
    Discarded
    Held by Letnev
    Held by Xxcha
    Held by Sol

Energy Shield
    Discarded
    Discarded
    Held by Lazax
    Held by Lazax
    ???

Superweapon
    ???

• Options
    edited June 2012
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Error: Invalid movement. Mecatol Power South is more than four spaces away from Civilian Spaceport. Please revise your orders.

Hacan allied power

oh wait, does that count as the deployment step instead of movement? Do you have to choose between deploying reserve units OR moving from one spot to any other?

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Maneuvering Phase is composed of two parts: the Movement step and the Deployment step. The Hacan racial power and ally advantage only operates on the Deployment step. (And in any case, the power does say "either" so you couldn't have done both things anyways.)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ok, deploy 11 reserve to Mecatol power south (11 influence)
    Move 2 units from spaceport to holonet central.

This is a risky move, Bob. Taking the Navy base or Adminus would give us a one stronghold buffer so they can't win this turn.

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    MrBody moves 2 units from Civilian Spaceport to Holonet Central and pays Hacan 11 Influence (with Hacan's ally advantage) to deploy 11 units to Mecatol Power South. (Jol-Nar Influence 22 --> 11, Hacan Influence 7 --> 18) Alegis deploys a free unit to the Galactic Council as per his racial ability.

BobCesca is up for maneuvering.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Doesn't Hacan get that 11 influence?

• Options
    Deploy 5 units to Adminus, move 2 from Financial District to Adminus

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    Doesn't Hacan get that 11 influence?

Ah, that's right. For some reason, I thought that using the ally advantage meant that Influence didn't get paid to Hacan, but that's only for the move-deployment.

BobCesca moves 2 units from Val Hamech Financial District to Adminus Imperialis and pays 5 Influence to the bank to deploy 5 units to Adminus Imperialis (Hacan Influence 18 --> 13). Alegis deploys a free unit to the Galactic Council as per his racial ability.

Egos has no units on the board to move and no Influence with which to deploy. jakobagger has the next maneuvering action, and the current board looks like this:

Rex-PAGame01-R05-3.png

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Deply one mech and four units to Civilian Space Port.

• Options
    OHHH

I completely forgot that you can actually deploy anywhere in the world (hence my earlier comment 'we cant get top right this turn')

well that opens up some possibilities.
    Well Sol, what are you going to do? If you deploy at least one unit I can deploy my last unit on galactic council for free and move the blob to battle hacan in south. Getting your army ready to take top right next turn if we don't win the battle seems neat.

• Options
    Unfortunately, there are no enemy blobs I can attack (except the two Jol Nar in holonet, but meh). I will be deploying so you can reinforce with the full 6, but I'm going to think on it for a bit... this is an interesting setup. I may harvest some influence and I will be playing a card so next round I can bid and give some to jako so he can continue to resurrect and deploy.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    If you've got nothing more exciting to do, taking out the two Jol-Nar in Holonet isn't such a bad idea. Need to starve them of influence, and you don't have to worry about your own fleet. Plus, you'd be in position to attack Adminus next turn.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well, he's already in a position to attack Adminus. Fremen Sol can move 3 spaces instead of 2.

MrBody on
  • Options
    Ally is already there. And I have to move because the fleet is moving to right on top of me since it's a +4

Move all from Cultural Center to Holonet Central
    Deploy 5 to Sallab Slums

Jako, if you really do have a tracking beacon, now would be a good time to play it. I can dump my guys anywhere for free, so even if we do lose some of these battles, I can deploy right to the strongholds