www.snappedcontroller.com

MinokoMinoko Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Artist's Corner
My webcomic, thoughts and feedback welcome, just started with photoshop, original images were with the free tool inkscape (bad idea, vectors are terrible for a start).

78064.png?1332950948

I cannot, and will not, have an arguement with someone who doesn't know who Omega Supreme is!

http://www.snappedcontroller.com
Minoko on

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Read the rules man. Post stuff in the thread, don't just link to your site.
    7 ) No Site-Whoring
    Site-whoring, plugging, or advertising of your personal Website, product, or Webcomic any kind will not be tolerated. You can include a link to your site/gallery in your sig, but do not start a new thread simply directing people to your site.

• MinokoMinoko Registered User regular
    yeah I just read that, I'll take it down now

I cannot, and will not, have an arguement with someone who doesn't know who Omega Supreme is!

http://www.snappedcontroller.com
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    you spelled testicle wrong

and that was the only thing remotely interesting about your comic

the art is flat, the joke is nonexistent or obtuse or whatever that is making it not funny, and that gradient background just screams low rent

The Lovely Bastard on
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    floating mouths might be the style of webcomics (sticking it in the corner of the face), but i dont care for it, its poor structure and will forever look weird.

without any background all your characters have that floating in space feel, even something minimalistic will ground them and improve the overall appearance. the first two panels show the same angle and general position of the character, the second image isnt really serving a purpose, so while it isnt copy and pasted it still makes me wonder why you bothered.

visually the comic is boring, none of the characters are particularly dynamic or fun looking (spikey haired gaming guy has been over done).

• NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You should try to limit your word use as much as possible. Refine the joke to its core elements and don't go much beyond them. This is because good jokes (usually) are punchy and get to the point. You don't want your audience's attention straying before they hear the punchline.

Also, you should have at least the space of a "W" between the letters and the word bubble so that you have some breathing room there. Right now it all looks rather cramped.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Its not a deja vu, its a continuous loop of people who DONT lurk enough before they start sitewhoring with their really, really poorly made webcomics. For that, a certain (and lovely) degree of agression is the most natural response when one of these lands in the forum.
    -rant over-

Now about the comic, as it was stated above, not enough "comic", no punch, the appeal to it, if it has any it must be directed to a very specific audience that I am not included in.
    Graphically, we all heard things before about stylization, about it being a silly web-comic and tons of excuses like that. I would say, that you need to practice more, not comic-stle stuff, but the real basics of drawing. And it sounds boring, but even drawing fruit will reflect on you making a better comic.

In order to relate the aforementioned fruit with comic-skill, it is customary that forumers ask the artist (in this case you, OP) to post some of his work, studies, doodles, etc. aside from the comic. Since that would be like taking an X-ray of your current drawing situation, and adressing issues found on that work will inmedieately show in a steady and noticeable improvement of the webcomic posted here today.

Hopefully I didnt come out as someone bad or bitter (eventhough I am), and I look forward to seeing more of you and work around the forums. (and not just smelly sitewhoring).

Fland.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Browsed your stuff a little.

The Heavy Rain one is probably your best piece. Part of it is you're showing more than telling, and that's usually the best thing to do.

http://www.snappedcontroller.com/06-03-12.html

Also, check out the good perspective shift you've got going on in the second panel. A lot of your stuff's more static than it ought to be, and changing the point of view at least once will enhance a scene most of the time. Get in your characters' heads a little more and show the world as they see it. I recommend that to anyone doing comics, actually.