Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[HBO] Game of Thrones S2 on Sunday; spoilers abound, no tags; NO BOOKS

1959698100101

Posts

  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I would like more Stannis scenes because that means more Davos scenes, and Davos has always been one of my favorites. I am relatively alone in that standpoint, I think.

    Though exactly one of those things is actually a contradiction (the thing about his faith, which has not been explained on the show). The son thing is kind of a big deal as he's the King. No son + gay younger brother = no heirs, and that's no good at all. It's his duty as a king to get on that. Meanwhile, his brother is a traitor in his moral system. So he's dead.

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Writers are supposed to spell everything out more fully round out a character for you?
    FTFY. And, yes. Yes, they are. It's actually their job. Weird, that.
    And how in the blazes is Stannis a contradiction?

    How is he not?

    We were introduced to a guy who writes nasty letters and has just tossed aside the entire religion of his people. Then we hear how duty-bound he is while we see him immediately cheat on his wife with a witch who promises him a son. Which, you know, would have been nice to see; a scene where he laments having no male heir woulda been kinda character expanding. Then we see him face off with his brother, talk about a dude's finger bones and send a witch off to have a demon baby and then play "Lalala! I can't hear you!" when Davos says he oughta think twice about this chica. That shit is contradictory: duty bound and tossing out your entire belief system and cheating on your wife don't go together; neither does being a competant leader and basically going, "Lalala! I will brook no argument or even counterpoint possiby meant to save me from myself!"

    But before this goes further and gets more muddled. All I said was I wish Stannis had gotten a few more scenes this season to flesh him out. Period. That's my point. If your point is anything other than, "Yes, a few more scene with Stannis would have been nice," then you're saying "I disagree: the writers wrote Stannis as best he could have ever been written and did not in any way need to give him more scenes. End of story."

    And if you feel that way, great. I'm not going to get into another knock down dragout over something this asinine.

    Well, I completely agree that Stannis needs more screentime, so we're basically in agreement.

  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    it's not that little

  • Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Writers are supposed to spell everything out more fully round out a character for you?
    FTFY. And, yes. Yes, they are. It's actually their job. Weird, that.
    And how in the blazes is Stannis a contradiction?

    How is he not?

    We were introduced to a guy who writes nasty letters and has just tossed aside the entire religion of his people. Then we hear how duty-bound he is while we see him immediately cheat on his wife with a witch who promises him a son. Which, you know, would have been nice to see; a scene where he laments having no male heir woulda been kinda character expanding. Then we see him face off with his brother, talk about a dude's finger bones and send a witch off to have a demon baby and then play "Lalala! I can't hear you!" when Davos says he oughta think twice about this chica. That shit is contradictory: duty bound and tossing out your entire belief system and cheating on your wife don't go together; neither does being a competant leader and basically going, "Lalala! I will brook no argument or even counterpoint possiby meant to save me from myself!"

    But before this goes further and gets more muddled. All I said was I wish Stannis had gotten a few more scenes this season to flesh him out. Period. That's my point. If your point is anything other than, "Yes, a few more scene with Stannis would have been nice," then you're saying "I disagree: the writers wrote Stannis as best he could have ever been written and did not in any way need to give him more scenes. End of story."

    And if you feel that way, great. I'm not going to get into another knock down dragout over something this asinine.

    Well, I completely agree that Stannis needs more screentime, so we're basically in agreement.

    And they could've done it. For the this last couple weeks we see Robb get two scenes a show where he and nursy flirt (and now consummate it), an entire Jon storyline where he walks a wildling and gets insulted by her, and this week we again get Dany talking about getting her dragons back, as if the past couple of shows where Jora returned and she faced the thirteen didn't make that the entire point of her story at this very moment.

    Yet again we only get (one!) more scene with Stannis where we at all get to see him be a real human being and not just a dude doing only plot-pushing things. We've had more people talk about Stannis and what he's up to than we've actually been shown Stannis at this point. It's like the writers only want him to be the "boat boogeyman." It's weird.

  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Yar wrote: »
    Yeah Stannis is all honor-bound.

    Except when he totally isn't.

    This perception is why I wish Stannis had more screentime, because I wish we saw how tormented he has to be by the conflicts between his worldview and his actions.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I would like more Stannis scenes because that means more Davos scenes, and Davos has always been one of my favorites. I am relatively alone in that standpoint, I think.

    I haven't read the books, but from what I've seen of Davos - I like him quite a bit. Which leads me to believe he is doomed.

  • Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Yar wrote: »
    Yeah Stannis is all honor-bound.

    Except when he totally isn't.

    This perception is why I wish Stannis had more screentime, because I wish we saw how tormented he has to be by the conflicts between his worldview and his actions.

    That's what I'm wanting, too. This guy shoulda been written as the pragmatic version of Ned Stark and we shoulda got more time with him where we can see how he operates.

  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Since I've read all the books, I tend to forget how simplistic Stannis is being represented in the show.

    Heisenberg on
  • TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    No book talk! Thanks.

    Just finished watching. Cat sucks.

  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Does my post actually qualify as "book talk"? I just said that I've read the books and Stannis is given more depth in them, which should kind of be a no brainer.

    Heisenberg on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Im sick of people complaining about wheel spinning in this show, more stuff happens when this show is spinning its wheels than in most shows finales

  • TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.

  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Does my post actually qualify as "book talk"? I just said that I've read the books and Stannis is given more depth in them, which should kind of be a no brainer.

    For all I know, Stannis could die next week. Calling him one of the greatest characters in the series implies we'll be seeing a lot more of him

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Seriously we still have people arguing about how much book talk they, the special exception, should be allowed to do?

    We have explained why you shouldn't talk about the books ad nauseum.

    Just discussing why what you've said is spoilery is itself spoilery. So I can't do that. But if you have a brain you can work it out.

    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.
    She made a mother's decision. While it may be contrived and cliche it still applies well in this situation. Releasing one in hopes of saving two of her own in a world that is being torn apart by war.

    Jubal77 on
  • TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Does my post actually qualify as "book talk"? I just said that I've read the books and Stannis is given more depth in them, which should kind of be a no brainer.

    It really does. Please, no books.

  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Does my post actually qualify as "book talk"? I just said that I've read the books and Stannis is given more depth in them, which should kind of be a no brainer.

    For all I know, Stannis could die next week. Calling him one of the greatest characters in the series implies we'll be seeing a lot more of him

    Game of Thrones is a series in which Stannis is a character in, just like Ned Stark. Ned Stark was also a great character in the series.

  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.

    If Jaime dies, so does Sansa, and as far as Cat knows, Arya too.

  • TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.
    She made a mother's decision. While it may be contrived and cliche it still applies well in this situation. Releasing one in hopes of saving two of her own in a world that is being torn apart by war.
    Oh, I totally sympathize. But whether she's sympathetic or not has no bearing on whether her decision was shit. And her decision was shit.

  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Just a note, we are not having any more meta discussion about the thread policies in here. They are what they are and will continue to be, and no amount of whining or cajoling is going to change that. This thread is to talk about Game Of Thrones, not to talk about the kind of Game Of Thrones thread we are going to have. If it continues to be the noisiest and most obnoxious thread on the boards I have no problem at all with the concept of telling you all to go to HBO's board.

    Do what the big lad says.

    poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.

    If Jaime dies, so does Sansa, and as far as Cat knows, Arya too.

    If Jaime lives, it almost certainly harms the war effort and jeopardizes the lives of the entire northern army, and for what? A longshot chance at saving the lives of Cat's own two daughters. How is that not selfish?

    It's foolish, too: just hoping the Lannisters honor the terms of their prisoner exchange is naive. And not just because we, the audience, already know Cersei doesn't even have Ayra, but because Cat has plenty of evidence of her own at this point that Littlefinger and the Lannisters are treacherous (see: Ned).

    Talka on
  • spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Why do people say that Cat set Jaime free? Seems to me he's still shackled and still a prisoner. Just because Brienne is now his jailer rather than some Karstark last week doesn't mean he's been set free.



    spamfilter on
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Talka wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.

    If Jaime dies, so does Sansa, and as far as Cat knows, Arya too.

    If Jaime lives, it almost certainly harms the war effort and jeopardizes the lives of the entire northern army, and for what? A longshot chance at saving the lives of Cat's own two daughters. It's selfish. And foolish, also: just hoping the Lannisters honor the terms of their prisoner exchange is misguided naivete. And not just because we, the audience, already know Cersei doesn't even have Ayra, but because Cat has plenty of evidence at this point that the Lannisters are treacherous (see: Ned).

    She's an emotional mother. Of course she's going to do what she feels is best for her daughters above anything else. It was a well-intentioned mistake.

  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    spamfilter wrote: »
    Why do people say that Cat set Jaime free? Seems to me he's still shackled and still a prisoner. Just because Brienne is now her jailer rather than some Karstark last week doesn't mean he's been set free.

    I think its the part that he is no longer in Rob's camp and is being sent back to King's Landing that makes people say he has been set free. While I agree partially with you that the escort in chains is not particularly free but you cant just release Jaime from the camp with pappy being so close can you?

  • TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.

    If Jaime dies, so does Sansa, and as far as Cat knows, Arya too.

    If Jaime lives, it almost certainly harms the war effort and jeopardizes the lives of the entire northern army, and for what? A longshot chance at saving the lives of Cat's own two daughters. It's selfish. And foolish, also: just hoping the Lannisters honor the terms of their prisoner exchange is misguided naivete. And not just because we, the audience, already know Cersei doesn't even have Ayra, but because Cat has plenty of evidence at this point that the Lannisters are treacherous (see: Ned).

    She's an emotional mother. Of course she's going to do what she feels is best for her daughters above anything else. It was a well-intentioned mistake.

    It was selfish. Emotions and motherhood do not excuse bad decisions.
    I'm being deliberately inflammatory here. I just hate these sorts of moments in shows, where character who were previously strong and intelligent suddenly turn into idiots, just to artificially introduce some tension into the narrative.

    Talka on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Talka wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.

    If Jaime dies, so does Sansa, and as far as Cat knows, Arya too.

    If Jaime lives, it almost certainly harms the war effort and jeopardizes the lives of the entire northern army, and for what? A longshot chance at saving the lives of Cat's own two daughters. It's selfish. And foolish, also: just hoping the Lannisters honor the terms of their prisoner exchange is misguided naivete. And not just because we, the audience, already know Cersei doesn't even have Ayra, but because Cat has plenty of evidence at this point that the Lannisters are treacherous (see: Ned).

    She's an emotional mother. Of course she's going to do what she feels is best for her daughters above anything else. It was a well-intentioned mistake.

    It was selfish. Emotions and motherhood do not excuse bad decisions.
    I'm being deliberately inflammatory here. I just hate these sorts of moments in shows, where character who were previously strong and intelligent suddenly turn into idiots, just to artificially introduce some tension into the narrative.

    There is that. But there is also the part where her whole world is crashing around her as she lost her husband already. One could state it shows humanity in a character :)

  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Talka wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.

    If Jaime dies, so does Sansa, and as far as Cat knows, Arya too.

    If Jaime lives, it almost certainly harms the war effort and jeopardizes the lives of the entire northern army, and for what? A longshot chance at saving the lives of Cat's own two daughters. It's selfish. And foolish, also: just hoping the Lannisters honor the terms of their prisoner exchange is misguided naivete. And not just because we, the audience, already know Cersei doesn't even have Ayra, but because Cat has plenty of evidence at this point that the Lannisters are treacherous (see: Ned).

    She's an emotional mother. Of course she's going to do what she feels is best for her daughters above anything else. It was a well-intentioned mistake.

    It was selfish. Emotions and motherhood do not excuse bad decisions.
    I'm being deliberately inflammatory here. I just hate these sorts of moments in shows, where character who were previously strong and intelligent suddenly turn into idiots, just to artificially introduce some tension into the narrative.

    I despise artificial moments too, but this was not that. Jubal is right, it was real and human. Cat had already shown herself to be overly emotional leading into foolish mistakes, like capturing Tyrion in S1.

    Heisenberg on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    And besides, Cat was responding to the very real fear that Jamie would be killed by factions within the camp seeking vengeance, in which case she'd lose him as a bargaining chip anyway.

  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.

    If Jaime dies, so does Sansa, and as far as Cat knows, Arya too.

    If Jaime lives, it almost certainly harms the war effort and jeopardizes the lives of the entire northern army, and for what? A longshot chance at saving the lives of Cat's own two daughters. It's selfish. And foolish, also: just hoping the Lannisters honor the terms of their prisoner exchange is misguided naivete. And not just because we, the audience, already know Cersei doesn't even have Ayra, but because Cat has plenty of evidence at this point that the Lannisters are treacherous (see: Ned).

    She's an emotional mother. Of course she's going to do what she feels is best for her daughters above anything else. It was a well-intentioned mistake.

    It was selfish. Emotions and motherhood do not excuse bad decisions.
    I'm being deliberately inflammatory here. I just hate these sorts of moments in shows, where character who were previously strong and intelligent suddenly turn into idiots, just to artificially introduce some tension into the narrative.

    I despise artificial moments too, but this was not that. Jubal is right, it was real and human. Cat had already shown herself to be overly emotional leading into foolish mistakes, like capturing Tyrion in S1.

    Also that she's very much someone who's family first. If her daughters were safe she'd happily bash Jaime's head in with a rock herself, but if Jaime's killed by the Karstarks the Lannisters basically have to murder the girls in response. Well, just Sansa, but Catelyn doesn't know that.

    And while she tried to talk the Karstarks down, she can't be standing in front of Jaime's cage 24/7. Especially if some drunk fighters show up ready to kill him, she can yell at them all day long but she can hardly physically force them to stop. She was pretty much exerting all the influence she had just to stop them from killing him while they're sober in the middle of the day.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I was totaly expecting Jaime to rock the boat so the mangirl in heavy armour would drown.

    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

    Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

    See my profile here!
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    I was totaly expecting Jaime to rock the boat so the mangirl in heavy armour would drown.

    On the other hand his arms are tied together, so it might be a race to the bottom of the river :)

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.
    She made a mother's decision. While it may be contrived and cliche it still applies well in this situation. Releasing one in hopes of saving two of her own in a world that is being torn apart by war.

    Shouldn't she have thought of that before she set it off by grabbing Tyrion?

    steam_sig.png
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Oh boy, could it really be that time already? Could Joffrey really be dying next episode?

    I'm not ready yet! I wanted more slaps!


    Seriously though, someone major is bound to die in that siege and I can totally see it being him.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Did I understand the Robb and Talisa scene correctly? Did the King in the North
    fire his catapult early?

  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Did I understand the Robb and Talisa scene correctly? Did the King in the North
    fire his catapult early?

    :lol:
    Haha, yeah, I was wondering that too. It could definitely be interpreted as such, don't know if it was intended.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Did I understand the Robb and Talisa scene correctly? Did the King in the North
    fire his catapult early?

    :lol:
    Haha, yeah, I was wondering that too. It could definitely be interpreted as such, don't know if it was intended.

    I'm gonna roll with it because I think it's sweet. You hear that ladies? It's sweet! It can happen to anybody, even a king!

  • StrayDogStrayDog Registered User
    edited May 2012
    I took it as Robb and Talisa stopping for a second and going "Are we really doing this? Hell yeah, we're really doing this!" The lack of bump and grind was probably the same reason we didn't see any frontal shots of Talisa, probably something in her contract.

    But Robb deploying the troops early would be hilarious.

    StrayDog on
    Let me go down in the mud, where the rivers all run dry.
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Did I understand the Robb and Talisa scene correctly? Did the King in the North
    fire his catapult early?

    :lol:
    Haha, yeah, I was wondering that too. It could definitely be interpreted as such, don't know if it was intended.

    I'm gonna roll with it because I think it's sweet. You hear that ladies? It's sweet! It can happen to anybody, even a king!

    Well, to be fair, he probably was a virgin, right? And when your first time is with someone looking like this..

    You are forgiven, Robb.


    Also, I don't think it needs to be said anymore, but Tyrion you goddamn magnificient bastard. Has he ever been outwitted?

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Talka wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's not like Cat was choosing between letting Jaime out vs. keeping him a prisoner. It was either let him out and hope a trade will happen somehow, or let Jaime get killed and then her daughters will probably get killed in response. Hell even if there's not a trade at least Sansa won't be getting her head chopped off as retribution.
    I don't buy this for a second. If the queen mother of the north can't prevent her own men from murdering a prisoner, then she's not a very good queen mother.

    Just... stand in front of the gate. Nobody will touch her, because she's the queen mother, and harming her would be punishable by death. Remember how she stood down the Rorstack (sp?) father earlier? Just keep doing that.

    And even if we accept that Cat's only choice was letting Jaime die or freeing him in the hope of negotiating a prisoner exchange? She still made a shit choice.

    Cat is awful.
    She made a mother's decision. While it may be contrived and cliche it still applies well in this situation. Releasing one in hopes of saving two of her own in a world that is being torn apart by war.

    Shouldn't she have thought of that before she set it off by grabbing Tyrion?

    Cat releasing Jaime is entirely in character for the woman who refused to leave Bran's bedside, who hated Jon Snow on princible as a threat to her family, who captured Tyrion on minimal evidence and got the snowball to war rolling, etc. She's a prime example of the worst parts of feudalism and the belief of the nobility that thy're the important ones, that their followers are means to an end. She's a nice person for the most part, and that disguises some hideous character flaws.



    Maz- wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Did I understand the Robb and Talisa scene correctly? Did the King in the North
    fire his catapult early?

    :lol:
    Haha, yeah, I was wondering that too. It could definitely be interpreted as such, don't know if it was intended.

    I'm gonna roll with it because I think it's sweet. You hear that ladies? It's sweet! It can happen to anybody, even a king!

    Well, to be fair, he probably was a virgin, right? And when your first time is with someone looking like this..

    You are forgiven, Robb.


    Also, I don't think it needs to be said anymore, but Tyrion you goddamn magnificient bastard. Has he ever been outwitted?

    There was this one time he married a whore. . .

    Dinosaurs were made up by the CIA to discourage time travel.
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    What, that was definately just an enjoying the moment/laughing at the awkwardness of getting undressed and getting together etc thing.

    Although to be fair with a body like hers I wouldnt fault any man for it.

This discussion has been closed.