As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If the Council races reaction to the Reaper invasions are any indication, the rachni situation likely reached the point it did because of each race not really giving a shit until it was on their doorstep anyway.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    yeah, anyone of a race that committed genocide clearly deserves to have genocide committed against them

They aren't being genocided

the overwhelming majority of their children die before they carry them to term because of a disease that was designed to destroy their ability to reproduce

how the fuck is that not genocide?

Academically.

The above is eugenics, genocide would be rounding up not only the litter of birth but also their mother, father, uncle, etc. and destroying them by hand.

Splitting hairs, but there is a hair to split.

well I'm glad you can tell the difference between actively murdering children and passively allowing them to die by the Billions, capitol "B", from a disease that was designed to destroy their entire culture

Shepard says this almost verbatim in ME2 and Mordin explains it wasn't designed to destroy the Krogan. It was there to preserve them.

Intent is very important when determining if something is genocidal.

yeah, there's a lot of ways to rationalize genocide

the best of them is saying that it is for their own good

12199965.gif

You are adorable.

Aren't you? Aren't you?

Quite not, just not really in a mood to really argue against soap-boxing.

I find being lightly trollish carries the most weight in those situations, anyway.

You think this is soapboxing?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Holy shit that strat using that little room in firebase white with a sal eng is super bullshit

got survive 10 waves on gold using that room, whole game only took 26 minutes

2x39jD4.jpg
    Javen wrote: »
    I dunno, I pretty much agree with Mordin across the board

The uplifting was a mistake to begin with, and while the genophage may have been the "right" solution to the problem, it was a problem caused by Salarian's in the first place.

And judging by Sur Kesh, they seemed to have learned fuck all from the experience.

yeah

uplifting them in the first place was wrong, and while the genophage is morally dubious it's the best possible solution to that mistake.

of course the uplift was in response to the rachni, so you could make the argument that the rachni were too powerful to do anything but kill them by fucking over the krogan

but all the details on that sort of thing are vague so you can't really make a value judgment there

uplifting was the right move though, it not only turned the tide against the rachni but it probably saved the krogan from dying out on their little irradiated rock

and the genophage was supposed to be a deterrent to try and get the krogans to become good neighbors

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    yeah, anyone of a race that committed genocide clearly deserves to have genocide committed against them

the overwhelming majority of their children die before they carry them to term because of a disease that was designed to destroy their ability to reproduce

Academically.

The above is eugenics, genocide would be rounding up not only the litter of birth but also their mother, father, uncle, etc. and destroying them by hand.

well I'm glad you can tell the difference between actively murdering children and passively allowing them to die by the Billions, capitol "B", from a disease that was designed to destroy their entire culture

Shepard says this almost verbatim in ME2 and Mordin explains it wasn't designed to destroy the Krogan. It was there to preserve them.

12199965.gif

You are adorable.

Aren't you? Aren't you?

I find being lightly trollish carries the most weight in those situations, anyway.

Speaking one's views passionately and self-importantly, refusing to acknowledge applicable arguments against?

Yeah... a bit.

But, conversely, I care little.

"Never Hit"
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    which little room

the one off from the central stairwell?

Seriously wrote: »
    which little room

the one off from the central stairwell?

starting from the landing pad, take the stairs straight down to the left and the little room is on the right

somebody posted a drawing of the set up but by camping out in there you essentially control the spawns and with geth they don't have any camping units so you'll only ever have to leave on hacking/turning on the 4 things objectives

and geth also don't have charging units or OHKO units so

2x39jD4.jpg
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Holy shit that strat using that little room in firebase white with a sal eng is super bullshit

go on...

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular

Academically.

12199965.gif

You are adorable.

Aren't you? Aren't you?

Speaking one's views passionately and self-importantly, refusing to acknowledge applicable arguments against?

Yeah... a bit.

But, conversely, I care little.

fert

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If the Citadel races reaction to the Reaper invasions are any indication, the rachni situation likely only reached the point it did because of each race not really giving a shit until it was on their doorstep anyway.

oh wait white not glacier

those names are ass backwards

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    just have your whole team take cover behind the two computer consoles in there and kill folks as they come in

you will get lots of grabs on pyros and probably a few hunters

just have a salarian engineer keep decoy up and that will keep most of the heat off the team

this strategy is notably less useful against reapers because they have things like banshees and grenades

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    If the Citadel races reaction to the Reaper invasions are any indication, the rachni situation likely only reached the point it did because of each race not really giving a shit until it was on their doorstep anyway.

uh
    at that time the citadel races were
    A. the salarians
    and
    B. the asari
    they opened up that relay and bam the rachni came right through
    also I remember a line about the rachni reaching or nearly reaching thessia at some point

there weren't really any other doorsteps for the problem to be on

0BnD8l3.gif
    I should look up a timeline for the current cycle, it's hard to remember what the hell happened when and for how long

2x39jD4.jpg
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I have determined I am not allowed to play any Mass Effect game. I lost all my saves when my xbox hard drive died. I replayed Mass Effect one no problem, but I am playing Mass Effect 2 and just got the character reset glitch for the first time ever. Right before the final assault I am now level 1 with no credits or resources.

Thanks, game. That's just what I needed. Hopefully my decisions werent erased. I have a feeling they were.

Every so often I would see a random team mate run and camp down there but I didn't know they were actually on to something

I should probably work on finding good set-up spots

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I have determined I am not allowed to play any Mass Effect game. I lost all my saves when my xbox hard drive died. I replayed Mass Effect one no problem, but I am playing Mass Effect 2 and just got the character reset glitch for the first time ever. Right before the final assault I am now level 1 with no credits or resources.

Thanks, game. That's just what I needed. Hopefully my decisions werent erased. I have a feeling they were.

Dang. D:

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Oh, N7 Valiant.

I know I said you were good in multiplayer and pooey in single-player.

I was wrong, baby. You know you treat me right. I'll never put you aside again. When I play Insanity, you're my forever girl.

dN0T6ur.png
    Seriously wrote: »
    Every so often I would see a random team mate run and camp down there but I didn't know they were actually on to something

I should probably work on finding good set-up spots

yeah it works great, lots of cover and limited line of sight means the enemy will always be moving into your view rather than you having to find them

the salarian engineer is probably the most important part though, because he drops the decoy in a spot where every enemy walks when they're trying to get to you and they fixate on that decoy like that creepy dog on those muffins

2x39jD4.jpg
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Chapter 15 of Marauder Shields is out:

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Woo, second-last person in line before the cut-off for the ME team meet & autographs. Now I just need to hope Taky is actually in there.

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    yea on gold the reaper cannibals spam grenades.
    like... spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam...

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Dux wrote: »
    wrex himself points out in ME1 that the genophage isn't what's killing the krogan, it's the fact that most krogan would prefer to go out into space and spend their lives as mercenaries than stay on Tuchanka and work on building up their race

Well yeah, but that's because most of them are suicidally depressed death seekers.

were they suicidally depressed death-seekers back when millions of krogan died every day to thresher maw/klixen/varren attacks?

Probably not to the same extent because adults dying has a different effect on people than newborns dying,

but whatever, it all depends on your ethics regarding the matter and me getting all heated over it is somewhat silly because ultimately it's about fictional space dino people in a videogame.

• JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular

I did this with a team yesterday of engineers and my infiltrator. I started the day with 25 credits and ended with over 400k.

Just hung out in that room and if devices needed activated, I would cloak and go do it.

And that one spot of cover is a great place to do grab insta-kills.

So much fun.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Finally unlocked Asari Adept. I'm just shy Quarian Engineer of having a full roster, and that is exciting! Of course then Resurgence will come out...

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Enjoying this more than the official comics by a mile.

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    I have... 315 credits.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Enjoying this more than the official comics by a mile.

Same.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Who wants to farm gold with me on the personal computer

I've got a couple free hours and I want all of the super spectre packs

all of them

2x39jD4.jpg
    Also it would be nice if there was any sort of text chat, and if the voice chat would show a little notification of who was talking

2x39jD4.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    voice chat desperately needs a thing to say who's talking

it is astonishingly stupid that it doesn't

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    point being, the geth survived an attempted genocide better then the krogan.

That tells you something.

the salarians are better then the quarians. that is what it tells you.

Melding wrote: »
    point being, the geth survived an attempted genocide better then the krogan.

That tells you something.

the salarians are better then the quarians. that is what it tells you.

salarians are better than everybody

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

all of them

Sure.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Just say "<name> out" every time you finish taking

• HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular

all of them

Sure.

I'd be up for it as well.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    or play with the same group of people and learn to recognize voices.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I dunno, I pretty much agree with Mordin across the board

The uplifting was a mistake to begin with, and while the genophage may have been the "right" solution to the problem, it was a problem caused by Salarian's in the first place.

And judging by Sur Kesh, they seemed to have learned fuck all from the experience.

yeah

uplifting them in the first place was wrong, and while the genophage is morally dubious it's the best possible solution to that mistake.

of course the uplift was in response to the rachni, so you could make the argument that the rachni were too powerful to do anything but kill them by fucking over the krogan

but all the details on that sort of thing are vague so you can't really make a value judgment there

uplifting was the right move though, it not only turned the tide against the rachni but it probably saved the krogan from dying out on their little irradiated rock

and the genophage was supposed to be a deterrent to try and get the krogans to become good neighbors

they might have died from nuclear fallout

the codex in 3 says they would have

but mordin in 2 says that the best thing for the krogan would have been to wait a few thousand years before making contact with them, so clearly he, the foremost authority in the galaxy on all things krogan, didn't think that their extinction was inevitable

again, most of the details of the rachni wars and the krogan uplift are up for speculation

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    tuchanka
    Thinking about it more

I think with Wrex and Eve there is a high chance that a cured krogan wouldn't repeat the mistakes of the rebellions

however

unless they manage to tightly regulate breeding or something, they're going to end up overpopulating any planet they colonize, and pretty much the only possible results of that are keeping their numbers down with constant civil war or ultimately expanding to other planets and restarting the war

Neither of those options are better than the genophage

the ideal solution is for Wrex and Eve to unite an uncured Tuchanka and find ways to rebuild the civilization with the genophage. Again, the primary problem the krogan have is that they're not interested in putting in the work necessary to rebuild, not that they don't have a high enough birth rate to allow them to.
    Well I mean Takyris flat out said Wrex and Eve usher in a cultural renaissance and redeem the krogran race. As for an uncured Tuchanka, the psychological impact of the genophage is too devastating for even Wrex and Eve to counteract in my opinion.

jkZziGc.png
This discussion has been closed.