As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

World Wide Webcomics in The Wubble Woo

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    2012-04-03-429-Like-A-Mouse.gif

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    comic243.png
    Circling around at the end of a game to complete low-level quests I've missed is always sort of a pathetic experience.

Thank you to everybody who came to CPAC yesterday and fought Pokemans with me and helped me draw a comic! I have the comic we lovingly crafted together and will post it NEXT WEEK for REASONS

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Power Nap hails from Mexico. Does that count?

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The shock of being turned down by Hanners sends Station e-catatonic, causing the station itself to plummet back down to earth.

We can but hope it will land on all the coffee shops.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Impossible

all the world is coffee shops

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    in a post-scarcity society, cafes are the only business that are economically feasible

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    in a post-scarcity society, cafes are the only business that are economically feasible

Down this path of thinking lies only madness.

And coffee.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    String Theory is pretty good.

It helps that I instantly imagine the main character being played by Brent Spiner.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Uretb.gif

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Y2meG.jpg

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Malky dungeon is pretty great

I could read Berk's transcribed Scottish accents all day

feels like straight eating a loaf of bread with your ears

sig.png
  • Options
    1TtxZ.jpg
    It’s a feature! A sexy, sexy feature.

04/03/2012 - Anonymous

Gauntlets can be thrown in lots of ways, but the intent of insult is always there.

I was testing a part of a game where the user had to interact with a computer terminal to type in various commands. I was told to try variations on known phrases, but alter it slightly for each iteration (capital letters, spaces, etc). “Try everything you can think of.”

After several hours of this and nearing total mental collapse, I started putting in various nonsense phrases for fun (similar to you’d do with old text parser games), just to see if the programmers had planned for that sort of juvenile behavior. Besides, I thought I could always argue that this should have been thought and tested.

I typed in “slut” and suddenly a slideshow appeared with naked women.

After the shock, I noticed it was actually all the same woman, but in the requisite fantasy poses this sort of thing affords. A few seconds into this revelry, my supervisor walked by and asked me just what the world I thought I was doing, son. I explained what happened. He stares for a few seconds and then walks off, telling me to stay there until he returned and Don’t. Touch. Anything.

20 minutes pass, during which I’m equally terrified and embarrassed, as people were walking by my desk and giggling uncontrollably. One guy did offer me a high five. Also the pictures looped, and I lost interest after the first eighteen cycles. Sort of.

Supervisor returns with another guy I’ve never seen before, and tells him to look at my screen. This second guy runs through the full spectrum of emotions - giddy surprise which begets alarmed realization - before his eyes redden in fury and he runs down the hall. Seconds later, he emerges in a fist fight with another man. Turns out a programmer had been having an affair with an artist’s wife, and I’d brought it to the climactic breaking point upon stumbling across this “feature.”

Their struggle ended quickly once security was called in. Both were fired immediately. I was terminated the next day for vague reasons at best.

I did try it once the game released, and (of course) was disappointed.

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Damn, that Trenches story.

• Options
    RaekreuRaekreu Registered User regular
    Damn, that Trenches story.

That's pretty intense.

Also something that is pretty common, ie provoking tremendous anger out of someone only to realize that the rage isn't directed at YOU, and then knowing that you will be punished anyhow once the dust has settled.

• Options
    NavocNavoc Registered User regular
    KwEKm.jpg

I think this comic would be funnier without the last speech bubble.

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jerkcity4848.gif

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I am reading tune for some reason.

The voiceover is tedious.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    "in case you're wondering this wasn't on my 10 year plan"

Oh no fucking shit kid? Being abducted wasn't in your plan? Just shut up.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Three months from now, Hanners and Marten fuck as awkwardly as possible, while Dora gives in to the lesbrarian.

Then Ellis launches a new Freakangels series.

• Options
    Is it a thing now to act like Big Bang Theory is an actual way people act? Cause ugh.

Also all of the first two chapters could have been done without a voice over in half the pages and slipped the needed information in the art and writing.

Hell I didn't need the voice over guy that [main character] wanted to bang [girl].

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Because I tell a lot of science, art and lit jokes at work a lot of people whom I now asume are fans of the show because they throw back comments from it or tell me facts and story lines

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Just caught up with all 100 pages of the last thread in one sitting.

Severely inspired to draw my reaction to it in webcomic form but I'd want it to be accurate so that leaves my art out.

Oh, and apparently this is the Scott and Kris Kris and Scott Show finale. Series finale or season finale, I don't know, but I can't get through it so soon after all that.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    One of these days I really need to just read through lackadaisy.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    1TtxZ.jpg

04/03/2012 - Anonymous

Gauntlets can be thrown in lots of ways, but the intent of insult is always there.

I was testing a part of a game where the user had to interact with a computer terminal to type in various commands. I was told to try variations on known phrases, but alter it slightly for each iteration (capital letters, spaces, etc). “Try everything you can think of.”

After several hours of this and nearing total mental collapse, I started putting in various nonsense phrases for fun (similar to you’d do with old text parser games), just to see if the programmers had planned for that sort of juvenile behavior. Besides, I thought I could always argue that this should have been thought and tested.

After the shock, I noticed it was actually all the same woman, but in the requisite fantasy poses this sort of thing affords. A few seconds into this revelry, my supervisor walked by and asked me just what the world I thought I was doing, son. I explained what happened. He stares for a few seconds and then walks off, telling me to stay there until he returned and Don’t. Touch. Anything.

20 minutes pass, during which I’m equally terrified and embarrassed, as people were walking by my desk and giggling uncontrollably. One guy did offer me a high five. Also the pictures looped, and I lost interest after the first eighteen cycles. Sort of.

Supervisor returns with another guy I’ve never seen before, and tells him to look at my screen. This second guy runs through the full spectrum of emotions - giddy surprise which begets alarmed realization - before his eyes redden in fury and he runs down the hall. Seconds later, he emerges in a fist fight with another man. Turns out a programmer had been having an affair with an artist’s wife, and I’d brought it to the climactic breaking point upon stumbling across this “feature.”

Their struggle ended quickly once security was called in. Both were fired immediately. I was terminated the next day for vague reasons at best.

I find some of these hard to believe, just because so many end in "Oh and I was fired for doing my job."

• Options
    BosskingBossking Commander President Kingdom of CastlefortRegistered User regular
    So are we going to talk about that Axe Cop vs LOLBat comic, or have we all silently decided to pretend it doesn't exist?

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Bossking wrote: »
    So are we going to talk about that Axe Cop vs LOLBat comic, or have we all silently decided to pretend it doesn't exist?

turns out even if you tie two dead horses together they still can't carry a joke

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So Axe cop is dead?

Hooray?

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Whyther wrote: »
    lpQ41.jpg

I remember enough of my high school Spanish to find this extremely funny.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Hooray.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    There's an english comic of that Taco Johnny one somewhere. I feel like it was posted in the Artist's Corner by the author, but I may be wrong.

I do remember laughing a long hard time at it when I first saw it

edit: Oh, but I'll give the gist.

"Neither of these drawings convey what the client wants. Could you merge these into one idea? We like the taco as a mascot, but he should also be eating tacos."
    "Oh God, that's awful. It's cannibalism!"
    Then when the lady has the picture in hand. "You're fired."

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    BosskingBossking Commander President Kingdom of CastlefortRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So Axe cop is dead?

Hooray?

Not hooray.

I loved Axe Cop

• Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    2012-04-03-429-Like-A-Mouse.gif

This is one of the ones I know is a shit strip but I got so stressed and distracted by the site virus that the comic suffered. Really need to get into making a buffer, because I'm not in the right creative mind currently.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    I think the way the buttdemons mouth stretches across his cheeks is distracting/horrifying enough to carry it.

tynic on
  • Options
    that achewood's not half bad

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    two achewoods in a week!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    it's a Christmas miracle!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    the pace is quickening

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »
    1TtxZ.jpg

04/03/2012 - Anonymous

I find some of these hard to believe, just because so many end in "Oh and I was fired for doing my job."

I find it incredibly easy to believe. The company, or much more likely the junior management, do not want to be associated with the failures or flops their underlings might have caused discovered or even witnessed, so they fire them. It's not like anyone cares about people so far down the corporate ledder.

wY6K6Jb.gif
This discussion has been closed.