As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

World Wide Webcomics in The Wubble Woo

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I'm not entirely sure how to interpret dogpile in the other sense though. It just doesn't seem like much of a threat.

'When you get to hell, we are all going to jump on you until you are knocked over and then continue jumping on until we make a pile. Maybe let you get up, walk for a bit, and we'll do it again.' It sounds... unpleasant, sure, and inconvenient. But not the greatest threat that a huge, hellish demon can produce. Is the dogpiling just preliminary? Is it implied that nasty things will happen after the dogpiling? In which case, do we really need demons doing this:

3S4yN.png

Surely they can skip right to the chase.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Is "dogpile" a rape term? I have never heard it used that way.

When someone says they are going to "dogpile" you in any context like that it probably means they will all be in a hurry to get you. As in all his demon friends are going to want to torture your soul the second they can.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    looking back i should have probably emphasised thats the end of the first part (chapter?) of the story
    now we'll finally get to see the main character of the comic, Malcolm.

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Moot point. It was not a joke. It was a threat made by a villain.

Plus: Goblins has had rape before. I have never been a regular reader, but I seem to recall that very snake girl has self-healing powers. Well, she used to be enslaved by a guy who "used to rape and beat her up to a 1 hit point of her life" every night.

Like I said: creepy.

• Options
    Yeah that's a thing that happened.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't end well for him though

20100303.jpg

20100412.jpg

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Woof.

• Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    oh yeah, I was confused on the healing thing. It's been a while since I read that.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That is

Some art

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I like how the guy has to take a moment and think this "rape" thing over before deciding that he's mad about it

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Is "dogpile" a rape term? I have never heard it used that way.

When someone says they are going to "dogpile" you in any context like that it probably means they will all be in a hurry to get you. As in all his demon friends are going to want to torture your soul the second they can.

It just seems like saying, when you are chasing after someone with the intention of doing nasty things, 'when we catch you, we will grab you so that you will not be able to escape. And we will all do it together.'

That's not the most threatening thing. If you start making threats about what you are going to do after you have caught them, they are sort of going to get the implication you are going to grab them. All at the same time. Or jump on them, whatever floats your boat.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Personally I didn't think "dogpile" meant anything but rape. Unless you're actively playing football at the time. But if I'm going to hell and the worst thing waiting for me is getting tackled? Not really concerned.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Man I forgot about that part of DA. Creepy as fuck.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I have never really heard dogpile used in a rapey sense, but can easily see how it could be applied in that way.

It has always just meant either actually piling on top of someone like in football or on a couch or something or ganging up on someone in a conversation or debate.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Yeah

I forgot how creepy the Dragon Age series can be

• Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    b5xfd.jpg

Zebra Girl's pretty good sometimes I think.

I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    Wait what's wrong with a big bad demon (or the devil I can't tell) threatening rape. Isn't that like the basis of most of your torments in hell?

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    2012-04-08-Page-80.png
    http://www.blasternation.com/

nobody is having a good day today

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Ash is gonna end up shooting him before the day is out

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I like how the guy has to take a moment and think this "rape" thing over before deciding that he's mad about it

There is some backstory and while I don't feel any imperative to defend Goblins I do feel like I'd be giving you the wrong idea by not at least elaborating. What I'm saying is don't take this explanation necessarily as a justification.

That character is Minmax. He's essentially supposed to be an analogy for all the two dimensional "lets kill those things because they are green" PC's in DnD. Which I suppose the name makes obvious. In Goblins a major theme is the terrible implications of DnD 3.5's alignment system and there is something going on where "good" may in fact be relative. I.E. a Goblin Paladin might "read" a humans evil because it attacked a group of monsters unprovoked, allowed by the rules but something everybody in the really world would probably agree is wrong. MInmax views the would in the traditional simple DnD mindset. Killing monsters is good, monsters are evil, and Adventures are good. The goblin slayer he thinks is good and what does it matter what he does with a monster? Monsters are evil.

Until it finally gets to much and decides "no wait this is really fucked up".

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    20100303.jpg

Dude. Snailiens were awesome though.

snailiens-jefferson.gif

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Yeah

That is totally what the massive amount of blood and offscreen rape reminds me of too.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    9sXvA.png

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Yeah

That is totally what the massive amount of blood and offscreen rape reminds me of too.

what

• Options
    What?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Just seemed like you were sayin something else

maybe not, seemed like a sarcastic statement to me, my apologies

• Options
    No.

I'm just saying that Dragonage and Goblins have that stuff in common and it is kinda creepy.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Oh that comic you guys are talking about?

I was just talking about Dragon Age alone

like, aside from anything else, the Dragon Age games have some pretty dark, creepy moments in them

• Options
    edited April 2012
    And they don't even build up to them.

You go all of five minutes as an elf before being carted off for raping.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    damn

this fucking poll is the reason for all this endless talk of rape

and it won't be fucking done until tuesday

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    notgoodatcomputer.png

xet8c.gif

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    tumblr_m268ndVwts1r7f9j4o1_500.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    oh no did something happen to anthony's computer??

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Berk wrote: »
    I remember an email bombardier got where andrew found out I was staying with him and he told him to treat me like a king

it makes my sad-addled brain feel a little better to think about!

From the mod forum
    bombardier wrote:
    Hey Andrew the dude that made the sweet problem sleuth youtube animation is visiting us from Scotland and is in our living room right now.
    Andrew wrote:
    Are you referring to THE Simon Dickie??

Now you listen to me Bombrassier and you listen good. I will not have this man being want for anything in your household. If he even twitches a nostril in a way that looks thirsty, I want every bottle of fine champagne you have to be uncorked in unison. You treat this man like a fucking prince, do you understand???

Avraham on
    :bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    oh thank goodness

• Options
    oh no did something happen to anthony's computer??

he drew it in response to
    Have you ever considered making a mobile version of your website like what xkcd has. I like being able to read the alt text, I like being able to read comics on my phone, and I like your comic much more than xkcd. If there were a way to combine all my likings, that would be great!!

xet8c.gif

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    crwth wrote: »
    2012-04-09-348_Easter-Cancellation.png

haha get it because ;lKDFJASJFjjkl;jakjz;j;l

• Options
    MCL guest comics!

winchester-smooch.jpg

2012-04-09-timothy-winchest.jpg

xet8c.gif