As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Breath of [Phalla] III - Final Day - Teepo's World (Cultist Victory)

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    My hooded brother from another mother

How could you :(

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    These are the signups from hell.

• AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Still have... a few days...

:(

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I've seen worse.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    there have been much worse periods of signups.

There have been games where signups took 3 or 4 days.

There was even a game, a mini I believe, that was cancelled because not enough people signed up at all. For a mini!

people are at pax, and it's easter. come monday things will even out.

have some patience.

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

romanqwerty on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'd like to buy a vowel.

"A"

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

(this is supposed to be a sign up right?)

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    My hooded brother from another mother

How could you :(

I was just so mad you left me aloneee

Bedlam

PAX Weekend~

Ok!
    HOPEFULLY we can get the last few sign ups today! I will be sending out PMs tonight sometime, depends on when/if we get the remaining people. Starting with 1-2 fewer shouldn't upset the balance much. At worst they will go out by 10 EDT (normal vote close) so you guys have a day for super productive day 1s

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    This should be fun! And since I'm dead in the TMNT phalla, I won't have to split my attention between phalluses? Phalli?
    Not dongs.

Is... it kosher to keep this on the first page to keep visibility? It seems like CF is moving much faster than normal!

Tell your friends~

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I won't tell if you dont. I may have a friend that is willing to join. Lemme tell him and see what he says.

We should do another RPG based phalla one day and call it Final Phallasy

Erin The Red on
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Did this start? Are there spaces left? If the answers are "'no and yes" then signup! If any other combination then reserveup!

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Pick Me! Pick Me!

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I just found the versions of BoF 1 and 2 on GBA for thirty bucks total. I am very saddened that whoever did the conversion to 2 didn't take the time to clean up the trainwreck that was the translation.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    That's the "best" part of old japanese games, especially RPGs! Though some are certainly borderline incomprehensible.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    2's was more than borderline incomprehensible- it was just... bad. The ideas with the shamans and the four different party formations were pretty good, but at times, you can't really understand what the hell some characters say.

...and don't get me started on finding some of the dungeons- goddamn Sky Tower... took me a week to find the fucking thing.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Suikoden. That's all that needs to be said.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    I think at least one or two Suikoden phallas have been done already, so I figured I would look for a different theme. But you are right that Suikoden 2 is a better game.

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    So we are going to start this tonight??? ayyayayayaya

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
    Yeah. I'll be sending PMs out in 2-3 hours. Hopefully we get the last couple of spots, but if not, I'll tweak it a bit.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Just give me the extra roles, I can keep a secret

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Rule #1: always trust kime, he only has your best interests at heart.

Even mine?!

done

Ok, I am going to get groceries, which will probably take about an hour, once I return, I'll RNG the roles and send them out.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    I stick by my assertion that Vandal Hearts > all, but I was saying that I had no clue what the heck was going on in Suikoden (1 or 2). That could very well have been a function of the reduced attention span of a young kid. Maybe I would get it now, but I just remember being hopelessly confused then. I kept playing because the game was good.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I played Breath of Fire 2 on the VC and it had the notoriously bad translation. I should probably get around to finishing it. I played it for hours and hours and the plot is finally starting to happen.

I stick by my assertion that Vandal Hearts > all, but I was saying that I had no clue what the heck was going on in Suikoden (1 or 2). That could very well have been a function of the reduced attention span of a young kid. Maybe I would get it now, but I just remember being hopelessly confused then. I kept playing because the game was good.

I don't recall them having particularly bad translations, but there is definitely some intrigue to the plots, which, as a kid, would definitely be a bit heady.

Ok. As UNFORTUNATE as this is - I'm calling the signups now. 42 players we shall remain. PMs will be going out as soon as I get them. I will let the thread know when they are done.

Everyone will receive a PM - if you do not receive a PM, you should definitely let me know

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    <3 (darn emoticons not working). Not even sending a generic vanillager PM is pure hosting laziness

steam_sig.png
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    When people don't get villager PMs they tend to not notice when a game starts, leading to crappy day 1 inactivity, so good call on sending everyone a PM :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    ♥ (Ascii working)
    I'll also agree that Role PMs are important and I like getting them, whatever my role is.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Steam profile
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Getting a role PM is my favorite part of phalla.

If I could just get a role PM once a day I would be a happy gegnar.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I'm going to send Slym a role PM every day.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Getting a role PM is my favorite part of phalla.

Nothing quite compares to that moment of excitement opening up your inbox.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Oh goody, a PM! I feel special!

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Gaslight, buddy. You need to get out more.

Tayrun wrote: »
    Gaslight, buddy. You need to get out more.

So that he can spread the word of exactly how right he is?

Role PMs are the best, and other PMs are like second-best. Anything else is blasphemy and it will force me to kill you.

Steam profile