As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Presidential Election Thread] All Hail the Liberty Rooster.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha ha: January Mitt Romney: Mothers Should Be Required To Work Outside Home Or Lose Benefits:
    Poor women who stay at home to raise their children should be given federal assistance for child care so that they can enter the job market and "have the dignity of work," Mitt Romney said in January, undercutting the sense of extreme umbrage he showed when Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen quipped last week that Ann Romney had not "worked a day in her life."

The remark, made to a Manchester, N.H., audience, was unearthed by MSNBC's "Up w/Chris Hayes," and aired during the 8 a.m. hour of his show Sunday.

Ann Romney and her husband's campaign fired back hard at Rosen following her remark. "I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work," Romney said on Twitter.

Mitt Romney, however, judging by his January remark, views stay-at-home moms who are supported by federal assistance much differently than those backed by hundreds of millions in private equity income. Poor women, he said, shouldn't be given a choice, but instead should be required to work outside the home to receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families benefits. "[E]ven if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work," Romney said of moms on TANF.

More bootstrap bullshit.

Though if the woman -wants- to go to work and the federal government is willing to put forward the assistance to pay for child care, I'm not against that either. Both are going to cost a lot (the latter probably more, honestly).

It just highlights his stance that staying home and raising kids is the most important job in the world unless you're poor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Rick Santorum is a disgusting human being.
    Rick Santorum unveiled some new details about his three-year-old daughter, Bella, while speaking at the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting in St. Louis on Friday.

“(My wife) Karen and I are life members of the NRA, and we wanted to announce today that…now Bella is a life member of the NRA, too,” Santorum said.

Your dying daughter is not a motherfucking prop.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Rick Santorum unveiled some new details about his three-year-old daughter, Bella, while speaking at the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting in St. Louis on Friday.

“(My wife) Karen and I are life members of the NRA, and we wanted to announce today that…now Bella is a life member of the NRA, too,” Santorum said.

Wait, he's using her as a political prop? Oh good. I can say this without feeling bad.

I don't think you are going to come out ahead on that lifetime deal.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Renting their donor list? What? o_O

My guess is to advertisers. You know how every website etc. promises not to sell your email address to anyone else? This is the opposite of that.

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I'm more concerned about Gingrinch's possible superhero / supervillain origin

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Gingrich is going to become The penguin now?

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    He's assuming the mantle from Cheney.

• Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

PenguinBatman.png

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Coon.jpg

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Ha ha ha ha ha: January Mitt Romney: Mothers Should Be Required To Work Outside Home Or Lose Benefits:
    Poor women who stay at home to raise their children should be given federal assistance for child care so that they can enter the job market and "have the dignity of work," Mitt Romney said in January, undercutting the sense of extreme umbrage he showed when Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen quipped last week that Ann Romney had not "worked a day in her life."

The remark, made to a Manchester, N.H., audience, was unearthed by MSNBC's "Up w/Chris Hayes," and aired during the 8 a.m. hour of his show Sunday.

Ann Romney and her husband's campaign fired back hard at Rosen following her remark. "I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work," Romney said on Twitter.

Mitt Romney, however, judging by his January remark, views stay-at-home moms who are supported by federal assistance much differently than those backed by hundreds of millions in private equity income. Poor women, he said, shouldn't be given a choice, but instead should be required to work outside the home to receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families benefits. "[E]ven if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work," Romney said of moms on TANF.

How is he so bad at this

override367 on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

I take personal offense to this, because my mother raised my three brothers and I by working at home. I would seriously take a swing at Romney for this, oh my god.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

But now it's open season on Bella Santorum, now that he's put her out there. It's like the Palins all over again. "HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT MY FAMILY." You fucking used them first you loon.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Henroid wrote: »

I take personal offense to this, because my mother raised my three brothers and I by working at home. I would seriously take a swing at Romney for this, oh my god.

I know right? My mom worked at a factory and (later) a day care and went part time to college with 3 kids, and at her factory job doing precision work she made $7 an hour where every other employee on the floor (all men) made twice that, because "men have families to take care of"

Every time a Republican opens his mouth about welfare queens I think about my mom and want to punch him in the face

override367 on
  • Options

I know right? My mom worked at a factory and (later) a day care and went part time to college with 3 kids, and at her factory job doing precision work she made $7 an hour where every other employee on the floor (all men) made twice that, because "men have families to take care of"

Every time a Republican opens his mouth about welfare queens I think about my mom and want to punch him in the face

I would gladly face the arrest charges for this. I know I talk about my mom's crazy politics and such, but she's still my goddamned mother and I recognize what she had to do to raise us. For some out of touch old white man to talk shit about how she's not trying hard... What does he do to raise children? Act as a sugar daddy, telling his wife, "Here's some money bitch," as he drops a check in her lap, and goes back to being on TV running his mouth, never seeing his wife and kids? Fuck him, women can be the breadwinner too. Women can work hard. Seriously want to hit this chump. Not like, beat his ass or anything. A single punch makes a statement.

I should probably take a break, I wasn't expecting to get so worked up over this.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular

I would gladly face the arrest charges for this. I know I talk about my mom's crazy politics and such, but she's still my goddamned mother and I recognize what she had to do to raise us. For some out of touch old white man to talk shit about how she's not trying hard... What does he do to raise children? Act as a sugar daddy, telling his wife, "Here's some money bitch," as he drops a check in her lap, and goes back to being on TV running his mouth, never seeing his wife and kids? Fuck him, women can be the breadwinner too. Women can work hard. Seriously want to hit this chump. Not like, beat his ass or anything. A single punch makes a statement.

I should probably take a break, I wasn't expecting to get so worked up manly over this.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular

How is he so bad at this

What's crazy

What's real fucking crazy

Is that Romney is that ivory tower, sheltered, contemptuous, coastal elite, out-of-touch academic and snooty boy republicans have been whining about since Genghis Khan toured Asia.

For once, that strawman actually isn't a strawman. But it happens to be their presidential candidate.

God doesn't play dice. He plays the fool.

• Options
    Yeah I notice the word "elitist" is suspiciously absent from this election cycle.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    What percentage of TANF recipients don't work outside the home? I've never gotten the impression that living off benefits alone was particularly lucrative, and most states already require this after some predetermined amount of time (with varying levels of exceptions available).

Basically, Romney is digging back up the myth of the "welfare queen."

• Options
    Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    KalTorak wrote: »

My guess is to advertisers. You know how every website etc. promises not to sell your email address to anyone else? This is the opposite of that.

My first thought was, "wait, is that legal?"

Probably is, since I doubt he had a privacy policy for campaign donations, but maybe...

*runs off to check newt's website, if he has one*

edit: Nope, not a single promise. But since Gingrich donors kinda deserve spam, I'm okay with that.

Boring7 on
  • Options
    Yeah I notice the word "elitist" is suspiciously absent from this election cycle.

Well, there was that time recently where Romney tried to turn Obama's Harvard education into a negative. It only happened once, and that's probably because his campaign got the memo really fast.

• Options
    Boring7 wrote: »

My first thought was, "wait, is that legal?"

Probably is, since I doubt he had a privacy policy for campaign donations, but maybe...

*runs off to check newt's website, if he has one*

edit: Nope, not a single promise. But since Gingrich donors kinda deserve spam, I'm okay with that.

Cash 4 Bones!

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I am impressed that the Romney campaign has managed to piss off all sides in the stay-at-home-mom discussion. That's talent.

For his next trick, he should say that he wants to build a thirty-foot electrified border wall and shoot anybody caught crossing the border on sight, while also busing illegals in from Tijuana and giving them complimentary fake IDs.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Well, there was that time recently where Romney tried to turn Obama's Harvard education into a negative. It only happened once, and that's probably because his campaign got the memo really fast.

I mean, Santorum threw it around. And I expect the mini republicans to bitch about it down ticket, but Romney has no room to talk.

He told the president that he spent too much time at Harvard, and then everyone looked at the two degrees Romney has from Harvard and went "Hmm."

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I am impressed that the Romney campaign has managed to piss off all sides in the stay-at-home-mom discussion. That's talent.

For his next trick, he should say that he wants to build a thirty-foot electrified border wall and shoot anybody caught crossing the border on sight, while also busing illegals in from Tijuana and giving them complimentary fake IDs.

Or he will make Gay marriage illegal and then make everyone married to everyone.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

Or he will make Gay marriage illegal and then make everyone married to everyone.

Well, that'd be one way to tackle polygamy.

"You all now have 270 million husbands and wives, no more pesky issues with gay marriage, straight marriage, etc. Alimony and whatnot are about to become incredibly lucrative[s/] complicated, however.

Also, it should be noted that I had a pre-nuptial written up in advance."

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

He's basically called for the former and he's employed illegals as gardeners, so...

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    mythagomythago Registered User regular

It was like their bullshit about "women ought to be home raising children most important job career bitches blarghle" vanished from the face of the earth the second Palin was nominated VP.

Three lines of plaintext:
    obsolete signature form
    replaced by JPEGs.
  • Options
    MplsOsirisMplsOsiris Registered User regular

I mean, Santorum threw it around. And I expect the mini republicans to bitch about it down ticket, but Romney has no room to talk.

He told the president that he spent too much time at Harvard, and then everyone looked at the two degrees Romney has from Harvard and went "Hmm."

Every complaint about Obama being an intellectual or an elitist goes right out the window with Romney as the nominee. Joe the Plumber must be throwing a fit.

A while back I hated where my life was and where my life was going. Now I'm happily engaged, in the best shape I've been in since high school, have a bunch of wild stories and most importantly I enjoy my life! You can check out what I'm up to next at http://coolbyintent.com/blog
  • Options
    It bothers me that the Republicans have turned being ignorant into a virtue.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    MplsOsiris wrote: »

Every complaint about Obama being an intellectual or an elitist goes right out the window with Romney as the nominee. Joe the Plumber must be throwing a fit.

It's funny because Obama is the least out of touch president we've had in... shit I don't know half a century

His policies don't reflect that, and he's still out of touch compared to a normal person, but compared to Romney? Mccain? Bush W? Even Clinton

No contest

The population has been palinized, every idiot feels comfortable trying to force their opinion on others when previously they were more likely to keep it to themselves. I think that's from Maher, or Stewart? I'm not sure but I think it's totally true. Fox News has definitely played a roll in that.

override367 on
  • Options
    Once/if Obama gets re-elected, I hope SO HARD that in his acceptance (?) speech he says how ignorance of the issues at hand is not now and has never been a virtue.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular

I think it is a confused version of working class solidarity. Poor Republicans know they are being screwed over by someone but they are being redirected by their leaders to the intellectuals rather than those really responsible. The Republicans work like crazy to put forward the idea that the wealthy are just working-class folks made good, and it's the intellectuals who make you poor.

Well, it worked for Pol Pot and Mao.

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Raising taxes on the rich are punishing the successful.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Only if you believe taxes are punishment.

Does the gym punish you for wanting to improve your physique?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    So I was wandering around the interwebs when I came across this little headline:

Dick Cheney: Obama Has Been 'Unmitigated Disaster To The Country'

I actually said "wow" out loud. Some people have no shame whatsoever.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Once/if Obama gets re-elected, I hope SO HARD that in his acceptance (?) speech he says how ignorance of the issues at hand is not now and has never been a virtue.

... um, you know he panicked and placed a moratorium on off-shore drilling for longer than necessary, right?

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

... um, you know he panicked and placed a moratorium on off-shore drilling for longer than necessary, right?

Um, you know he has increased all US oil production more than George Bush ever dream of, right?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Um, you know he has increased all US oil production more than George Bush ever dream of, right?

I've heard. The funny thing about bragging about Obama correcting a mistake is you first have to admit Obama made a mistake.

• Options
    Isn't continuing to rely on oil through whatever means instead of diverting funds, attention and manpower to other sources the real 'mistake'?

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.