As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Double Dragon (XBLA, PSN) by Way Forward announced

2»

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Well, it was SNES then!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Fun Fact: Marvel Comics had a Double Dragon comic series a long time ago.

After a few issues, Billy and Jimmy Lee meet their father, Stan...Lee.

Yes, Marvel Comics established that the Stan Lee is the father of the Double Dragons.

Lars on
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    I remember playing the shit out of Double Dragon at the arcade around 3rd-4th grade and loving it, then I finally got an NES and the home version of it awhile later and feeling COMPLETELY ripped off at how shitty it was in comparison. You couldn't even do co-op I don't think!

I had the much superior Sega Master System version.

Glorious 2 player action. Seeee-gaaaa!

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Fuck Abobo and his body slams.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Fun Fact: Marvel Comics had a Double Dragon comic series a long time ago.

After a few issues, Billy and Jimmy Lee meet their father, Stan...Lee.

Yes, Marvel Comics established that the Stan Lee is the father of the Double Dragons.

stanlee.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    Ug Lee

dd002.jpg

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    I remember playing the shit out of Double Dragon at the arcade around 3rd-4th grade and loving it, then I finally got an NES and the home version of it awhile later and feeling COMPLETELY ripped off at how shitty it was in comparison. You couldn't even do co-op I don't think!

I had the much superior Sega Master System version.

Glorious 2 player action. Seeee-gaaaa!

I think even the Gameboy version was better than the NES one. The Master System version was great though. Super Double Dragon on the SNES was pretty awesome too. It's a very odd series, quality wise actually - lots of great games, terrible games, and ports that fall all over the place.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, 1UP has a preview.

The bad news? Apparently, it's not very good.

The good news? It's only been in development for a few weeks, and this is what we're seeing already, so there is hope.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I wasn't really impressed with the video in that article either. Looks kind of bland. Even the music didn't do much for me, but I guess it wouldn't after hearing Vomitron's take on it.

I'll still hold out hope, though. It's certainly more than I could do in a couple weeks of development. :)

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Double Dragon 2 was superior to the first game in every way, and I wish someone would remake that game instead, or just include the new moves from the second game to the first.

Double Dragon 3 was alright, but I thought it was short. I wouldn't be terribly upset if someone remade that one.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    NintenNinten Registered User regular
    Hope it'll be like DD Advance. That was great!

• Options
    GrombarGrombar Registered User regular
    WayForward did great work on Contra 4.

• Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    If someone fixed the slowdown in DD2 it would be superior in every way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RestartRestart Registered User regular
    Double Dragon 2 was superior to the first game in every way, and I wish someone would remake that game instead, or just include the new moves from the second game to the first.

My dream Double Dragon remake would cover Double Dragon 1 and 2, combining em into one crazy adventure.

spritesWalk.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I like Double Dragon

I love WayForward

But I have to agree with XoB here. This art style is...ugly.

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Spam flying kick = Win.

SO MUCH NEON.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Double Dragon 3 was alright, but I thought it was short. I wouldn't be terribly upset if someone remade that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPoD0VcVfK8

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!