As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    What're the odds that we can get official Classy Crab skins worked in as DLC for Dungeon Defenders?
    I want a classy crab in "On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Three" myself.
    As a NPC perhaps? Familiar? Summon?

HiT BiT on
  • R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    He would be an awesome Innkeeper.

steam_sig.png
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    He would be an awesome Innkeeper.
    Yes, a la Wonder Boy in Monster Land style.

HiT BiT on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Wasn't there a crab merchant in Morrowind who had way more cash than most shopkeepers or would sell rare/powerful gear or something?

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Damnit Uplink just screwed me over. I tried to hack some network and got 2 warnings saying to stop and that I had to pay a fine of 1000 credits for each violation, so 2000 credits. Well apparently you can't send them 2000 credits at once and it needs to be 1000 credits and then another 1000 credits. That's bullshit.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    ATTENTION EVERYONE: Frozen Synapse is awesome. That is all.

Actually that's not all, I found this amusing:

metalslave.jpg

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Not really Steam related but:

Indiefort bundle hosted by Gamersgate is live: http://indiefort.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle-1?caff=3884871

Kenshi (Alpha)
    Steel Storm Burning Retribution
    Wanderlust: Rebirth
    Cardinal Quest
    Devil Whiskey
    Black Market

6 games for 6 bucks minimum, though you can pay more and the money goes straight to the devs (Gamersgate won't take a cut of it). They also have several tiered bonuses. The Cardinal Quest soundtrack is already unlocked, and there are like 5 more that could (some are based on units sold, and some are based on money made) including it looks like a couple of future games by the devs.

Anyways, I own Cardinal Quest and Steel Storm from other sites, so if anyone wants either of those and maybe can't afford or doesn't want the bundle, let me know.

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    Fallout is FREE for the next 48hours on gog.com
    DRM-free though, so no Steam :p

This. One of the best games of all time, and free! Free!

Also, I have decided to purchase CK2 later. What's a good starting leader to avoid being horribly overwhelmed? I'm told Ireland is a good call, but is there a particular Irish leader I should take?

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

metalslave.jpg

Yeah, that's probably going to be me when I get home from work. Or at the very least it will happen some time this weekend.

I only have so much self control, and I haven't built and shuffled-up a Blue-Fuck-You deck since I opened up a Braids, Conjurer Adept and an Akroma, Angel of Fury during Planar Chaos and proceeded to rip bitches apart in MTGO.

Taramoor on
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Fallout is FREE for the next 48hours on gog.com
    DRM-free though, so no Steam :p

This. One of the best games of all time, and free! Free!

Also, I have decided to purchase CK2 later. What's a good starting leader to avoid being horribly overwhelmed? I'm told Ireland is a good call, but is there a particular Irish leader I should take?

Yeah, I was really hoping it was going to be one of the Infinity Engine games, but the original Fallout is one helluva consolation prize.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

metalslave.jpg

Yeah, that's probably going to be me when I get home from work. Or at the very least it will happen some time this weekend.

I only have so much self control, and I haven't built and shuffled-up a Blue-Fuck-You deck since I opened up a Braids, Conjurer Adept and an Akroma, Angel of Fury during Planar Chaos and proceeded to rip bitches apart in MTGO.

yeah... you don't really build decks in the game. they sort of just give them to you. you can unlock a few extra cards per deck by winning with them though but that's about it. Fun when I want to scratch that card game itch. Not when I want to scratch that deck building itch though

If anyone is a member of IGN prime, SPAZ is their free indie game of the month.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    oakke wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking this Grimrock game would be better if it was turn based?

I do but I think "This should be turn based" about almost everything.

I'd like to see more turn based games show up in genres that are traditionally realtime.

A turn based racing game based on random dice rolls and a hand of game-specific cards with RPG elements for upgrading your driver/car is the game I would make if I ever became a guy who makes games.

Ever heard of Car Wars?

I have never, ever, ever seen a game cause more ruined friendships or table-flipping rage than that game.

Good lord, I love Car Wars. :D

I ... fishtail turn ... which lines up my autocannon ... and ... yep, your car explodes. Nice game!
    I had a Car Wars turning key that I carved out of plastic on my key chain. My mom thought I had joined a gang or something.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Okay, I'm going to start getting ready for work, so I'm reposting my contest for a free copy of Blur. All you have to do is photoshop the Classy Crab, our great representative, into your favorite racing/car movie! Easy! Just send me a message with your submission, and tonight when I get home from work i'll send off a copy of Blur to the winner! And maybe share a few here :D

Also super thanks to @HiT BiT for this snazzy new avatar. As a one time rat owner and a Mexican I think it fits great. :)

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Why hasn't anyone written Blizzard a $30 check for the rights to Rock 'N' Roll Racing yet? That game needs a semi-modern remake. Now.

14 year old me ruined so many friendships over that game.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Taramoor wrote: »

metalslave.jpg

yeah... you don't really build decks in the game. they sort of just give them to you. you can unlock a few extra cards per deck by winning with them though but that's about it. Fun when I want to scratch that card game itch. Not when I want to scratch that deck building itch though

But still... it's Magic, and I'm a nerd, and it's on sale.

Image.ashx?multiverseid=234429&type=card

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Give me a hand here folks, maybe we're missing a 1 in front but I can't seem to find Strongholds 3 on the Amazon sale for 9.99. only for 19.99.

Anyone help me out with a link? maybe I'm searching it wrong, But i doubt it's possible. maybe the price was wrong in the post here.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Give me a hand here folks, maybe we're missing a 1 in front but I can't seem to find Strongholds 3 on the Amazon sale for 9.99. only for 19.99.

Anyone help me out with a link? maybe I'm searching it wrong, But i doubt it's possible. maybe the price was wrong in the post here.

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Studios-40834tronghold-31-Stronghold/dp/B005WXIO44/ref=sr_1_1_title_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1333660181&sr=1-1

Shows up as $10 for me.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005WXIO44/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Cag thread has links for stuffs too: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Here I am at Durgin Park for the prepax dinner; if anyone wants to get together for drinks later tweet or pm me. Also, enter my giveaways. And why is there no groupchat on steam mobile?

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    does the dragon age pack on amazon require origin?

Buttcleft on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Here I am at Durgin Park for the prepax dinner; if anyone wants to get together for drinks later tweet or pm me. Also, enter my giveaways. And why is there no groupchat on steam mobile?

To prevent you from gifting through multiple mediums at once.

Buttcleft wrote: »
    does the dragon age pack on amazon require origin?

No older EA games require origin (they might make you create an EA or origin account but not run the client). The only stuff that requires it are their last couple releases (and stuff bought on their site obviously).

• RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular

metalslave.jpg

Wow, I got all that for a fistful of euros! :)

I dislike the MtG chops up stuff and then release a bit here and a bit there. When I saw it all in a bundle, I thought "Why not?".

steam_sig.png
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

metalslave.jpg

This is the Full Deck unlocks and Foil Conversions bundle. It's pretty cheap but I would advise NOT to buy it unless you want the full decks straight away.
    Half the fun in the game is winning duels and earning new unlocks and then tweaking the deck with the new cards. And the foil is just shiny cards but you can't really opt out since it comes with that bundle.

edit: Just to clarify, I'm referring to the "Magic 2012 Gold Deck Bundle". The 3 Deck packs and the expansion are "real" DLCs with new decks, cards and content.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I am so bad at Ys. So bad.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    What're the odds that we can get official Classy Crab skins worked in as DLC for Dungeon Defenders?
    I want a classy crab in "On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Three" myself.
    As a NPC perhaps? Familiar? Summon?

You could always ask Rainbow or Slash to put one in for us!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »

The bosses can be pretty difficult!

SteevL wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »

The bosses can be pretty difficult!

Consult a FAQ already

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Amazon sale is up.

Let's celebrate!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Note: Codes are for sale to US only. They should activate for anyone. My apologies in advance if a non-US PAer wins and is unable to activate. I'll have to re-roll.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Why hasn't anyone written Blizzard a $30 check for the rights to Rock 'N' Roll Racing yet? That game needs a semi-modern remake. Now.

Let the carnage begin!

steam_sig.png
  • BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    Hmm... I don't know whats going on with that indiefort bundle, but all I'm getting is domain not found. How strange.

In regards to Ys... perhaps its asking the wrong crowd, but I'm undecided about whether or not to pick it up on Steam, or to download it from PSN and play it on my vita. Vita has the portability, which is nice, but as it recently came out on Steam, I assume there are shiny new things that I might miss out on?

Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »

Let the carnage begin!

If we're talking about old Blizzard IPs, before RNRR, I want some fucking Lost Vikings.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    If I recall correctly some of the decks in the double packs for MTG suck. Does anyone remember which ones those are? I'm not so much a completionist that I need to download a bad deck and grind it out just because it's there, but if some of the decks are really fun to play I'd be happy to pick them up.

(even though i haven't played it in months and probably won't for more months)

liEt3nH.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    @Iolo @Docken Thanks for the giveaways! 2 of PA's finest!

Also, I see that Crusader Kings 1 Complete is on sale also for 4 dollars. Is that a good alliterative to buying the second one? I've heard you guys talk about it and it sounds amazing, but I figured I could buy this one and hold off until a summer sale for the second if I love the first.

I know I'm late here, but I really don't recommend CK1. Last year I would have, but now it looks more like a prototype or demo of CK2. It feels very obfuscated, like it's always more slow and difficult to do something than it should be. Whereas CK2 is much more open and inviting, and even though it's difficult to get into like all Paradox games, it's their most beginner-friendly game yet.

While I'm here, I've got some leftovers from my gifting spree that I can't find a home for. Anyone interested in: Spore, Sega Genesis Classics 3, Day of Defeat Source, Apox, or Battlefield 2? The entry requirements for this are super-strict: say that you want one or more of them.

• KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    While I'm here, I've got some leftovers from my gifting spree that I can't find a home for. Anyone interested in: Spore, Sega Genesis Classics 3, Day of Defeat Source, Apox, or Battlefield 2? The entry requirements for this are super-strict: say that you want one or more of them.

I always meant to play Spore, if you still have that. Either way you're still super classy.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Thank you @AnteCantelope for Spore! I remember buying the creature creator like 4 years ago, and have been interested in the game ever since. I'm making some horribly disgusting (cute?) monsters tonight!

Steam: offday
    Khildith wrote: »

I always meant to play Spore, if you still have that. Either way you're still super classy.

Sorry, that's already gone.

Gotta be quick round these parts.

This discussion has been closed.