As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sam Kinison - 20 years in hell

2»

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I don't believe you'd be able to stop yourself from adding Charles Bronson to that film in some capacity

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    honestly, I could never do Bronson in any movie

mostly because I am convinced the guy just loved to fuck with people, since no two accounts of a meeting with him paints the same picture.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    paul kersey, however

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    If it was a choice between Kinison and Farley surviving, I'd choose Kinison without any hesitation whatsoever.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Kinison is second only to the great Richard Pryor, in my book.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    If it was a choice between Kinison and Farley surviving, I'd choose Kinison without any hesitation whatsoever.

Not much of a choice, seeing as they're both dead.

I'd rather go Sam Kenison vs Denis Leary on that choice.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    no wai! thay r both ded?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    its rtrue

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This is the worst news ever!

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    n4NXT77VM8TU3.gif

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I hold Sam Kinision up there with Richard Pryor, George Carlin, and Bill Hicks.

They were not afraid to say anything and it was why they were the best.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I hold Sam Kinision up there with Richard Pryor, George Carlin, and Bill Hicks.

They were not afraid to say anything and it was why they were the best.

Lenny Bruce will always hold a spot in my version of that list. Dude literally got himself arrested for his comedy, multiple times

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    ah, how could I forget Lenny Bruce

who basically inspired everyone I mentioned

• Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    I would see Sam every time he came through town. I remember him mentioning Olivia Newton John and how he was a presenter with her at an awards show. He then told the audience that he "did her".

He did some rock covers too. Under my thumb and Mississippi queen were good.

Miss you Sam.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Wow this is amazing. I've been thinking of Sam a lot lately. Partially because of the Stern show special, and part because its the 20th aniversary of his death. He really influenced me a lot. I was even thinking about making a thread on him but figured... na no one on PA could possibly be feling the same way. Yet here we are. My favorite Sam Kinison moment was when he was drunk as hell and David Brenner came in for an interview. TED KEMNEDDY IS THE SHRIEMP OF THE KAMNADDYS!! He was taken too soon. The Love Song and the bit where he warns an audience member about marriage by screaming in his face. True genius.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Foolproof wrote: »
    I would see Sam every time he came through town. I remember him mentioning Olivia Newton John and how he was a presenter with her at an awards show. He then told the audience that he "did her".

He did some rock covers too. Under my thumb and Mississippi queen were good.

Miss you Sam.

So jealous, you have no idea.
    Wow this is amazing. I've been thinking of Sam a lot lately. Partially because of the Stern show special, and part because its the 20th aniversary of his death.

Speaking of, they ended the special with this and I failed to post it here already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TYtJahcoDg

• Options
    EBLEBL Registered User new member
    edited April 2012
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    This thread got me thinking back to the shows I got to see.

Once Sam started a bit about believing in ghosts and stuff. When he mentioned that he heard the theater we were all in was haunted the dude running the spotlight turned it off and then back on a second later as a bit of improv(i guess). Sam looked freaked out and got pissed as hell at the guy. I remember him ranting at this stagehand for a long time. He never got back to the ghost story bit either and I never heard that material in any of his other performances.