As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Defiance] Let's shoot/kill some bugs

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Yeah, somehow I magically saw the server message in chat about the downtime.

When we get back in I'll message you Corrigan about joining the clan...

... maybe that was a poor choice of words considering...
    FAD9E9ADEF9AC47317583E1D8B34E6FAC9CA8AF2

• KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Servers are back with a queue.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    So.. I found out the reason my text chat isn't working. When you disable voice chat in-game, because you're using skype or something, you disable all text chat as well. Amazing.

What? Seriously? Well that's my problem too then. Damn.

edited April 2013
    Also, the servers coming appear to have not fixed the ESC/Settings bug. Ha.

Edit: ...Which would be ok if it didn't reset my Settings! No, Trion. I do not want gross, sickening, horrible Motion Blur. My specs can handle it off just fine.

Decoy on
    Avynte
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, their methodology there needs a little work...

Going on, could use an invite to the clan.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Who is 'noautomobilesgo' ?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?14901-All-Platforms-Server-Update-at-3-15-PM-PST-April-2nd
    Patch Notes:
    - Connectivity issues

I'm assuming this is for the people who couldn't connect at all.

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Who is 'noautomobilesgo' ?

That'd be me!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    Mojojoeo joined up with us, but we were unable to communicate at all. Thats a shitty chat bug. Right now im just using skype with some friends, if anyone wants to group up im not averse to giving out the skype info if you'd like to voice chat with us.

n1woEHJ.png
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I am Retaba, I cannot seem to send any tells at all so I could use an invite.

Also, yeah I am done with using other voice chats, steam would be viable too?

We could make a steam group and use that as a central voice server in the chat room. That could work out well too, with text available.

n1woEHJ.png
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PADefiance join the group, go to the group chat room. You can text chat and voice chat through there.

n1woEHJ.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I thought we were gonna hop on the TS3?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    I thought the guy who owned the server hadn't okayed it yet.

n1woEHJ.png
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    i finally got around to making a character and it looks like i don't have any of the perks from entering the 120 codes, anything special i need to do to get it applied?

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    Esc -> Space -> Defiance Store -> Claim items.

n1woEHJ.png
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Esc -> Space -> Defiance Store -> Claim items.

ah thanks, that was rather out of the way

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    As is everything with this UI.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    DecoyCorriganXRetabaKendrikEcho
  • AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    Sorry if this has been covered but are the preorder bonuses and/or rewards for entering ark codes redeemable once per character or once per account?

PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
    AngryPuppy wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been covered but are the preorder bonuses and/or rewards for entering ark codes redeemable once per character or once per account?

Every character you make can redeem all your PO stuff.

edited April 2013
    Need another for the first dungeon.

Filled up!

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I got the clan invite, but there was no positive affirmation that it worked.

After an hour loading and downloading the client, I only had about 20 minutes to mess around. I have the next couple days off, so I'll definitely hit it hard after work in the morning.

• casper_27dcasper_27d The Friendly Ghost EverywhereRegistered User regular
    completed my first major ark fall, do you only get stuff if you score high? I am still not sure how everything/anything works

There will usually be a piece of loot that drops at the center of the ark fall at some point in the fight.

Then, there's a big EGO boost, scrip and other currency doled out at the end.

• QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Shadow War seems broken, as well as Freight Yard for the PvP stuff. The other PvP is mildly entertaining, but also infuriating. Some of the weapons need to be toned down in PvP. Getting insta-gibbed from Shotguns and Detonators from people just spraying wildly is a bit annoying.

Hey @CorriganX, can I get a clan invite? I'm noautomobilesgo/Alaria.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    @CorriganX can I also get an invite? I'm Baske@Shren

Sent out invites to both, hopefully they worked. Going to bed, night guys.

n1woEHJ.png
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Enjoying this so far, but man the difficulty seems to wobble all over the place, and the number of elites that show up in giant clusters of fuck you is getting a bit tiresome.

Also, I humbly suggest the thread title be changed to "...it's no job for a soldier."

Bobble
    I accepted the invite but it didn't appear to work? Hmm, maybe it'll pop later.

I'm 231 now and still enjoying it for the most part, except for the difficulty spikes like @Lawndart mentions and the reloading bug. I've found I've reloaded a weapon, and after the reload, it doesn't actually do anything and I have to reload again. It's been super annoying for pump shotguns, where I'll empty it, hide and reload and then pop out to shoot and find I didn't actually reload and have to again.

The random elites popping up and surrounding me on side missions occasionally has been frustrating as well.

Sob24Nm.png
  • AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    So anyone who may be confused why there nomad doesn't drive like I was...you have to get in the driver side.

In my defense most games with multiple seats put you in the driver seat first.

Acharenus wrote: »
    So anyone who may be confused why there nomad doesn't drive like I was...you have to get in the driver side.

In my defense most games with multiple seats put you in the driver seat first.

Been there, done that.

You guys are blazing through those EGO ranks. I guess that's the boosts, though, beta wasn't nearly so fast.

• AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    For those that don't mind tweaking injectors, Sweetfx does wonders for this game.

ryW3YBo.jpg

qL32Dpg.jpg

Settings:
    SMAA: 1
    FXAA: 1
    Bloom: 1
    HDR: 1
    Lumasharpen: 1
    Vibrance: 1
    Curves: 1
    #define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.10           //[0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold. If SMAA misses some edges try lowering this slightly. I prefer between 0.08 and 0.12.
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16      //[0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6  //[0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0        //[0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners. 0 seems to affect fine text the least so it's the default.

#define FXAA_QUALITY__PRESET 9       //[1 to 9] Choose the quality preset. 9 is the highest quality.
    #define fxaa_Subpix 0.400            //[0.000 to 1.000] Choose the amount of sub-pixel aliasing removal.
    #define fxaa_EdgeThreshold 0.250     //[0.000 to 1.000] Edge detection threshold. The minimum amount of local contrast required to apply algorithm.
    #define fxaa_EdgeThresholdMin 0.060  //[0.000 to 1.000] Darkness threshold. Trims the algorithm from processing darks.

#define BloomThreshold 27.00 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
    #define BloomPower 1.425     //[0.000 to 8.000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

#define HDRPower 0.94  //[0.00 to 8.00] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2  0.82  //[0.00 to 8.00] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

#define sharp_strength 0.90   //[0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp    0.125  //[0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

#define Vibrance 0.30 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

#define Curves_mode 0        //[0|1|2] Choose what to apply contrast to. 0 = Luma, 1 = Chroma, 2 = both Luma and Chroma. Default is 0 (Luma)
    #define Curves_contrast 0.60 //[-1.00 to 1.00] The amount of contrast you want

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular

This is correct.

I didnt setup the TS3 server to be a PA wide server, it is a possibility but I havent thought through the ramifications of that. It was setup for GW2, and the members of the Penny Arcade forums that play GW2.

I'll think about it.

@entaru ( i think you @ me earlier, wanted to make sure you saw this).

Steam chat should do in a pinch, right? Although, I'm not sure how many of us have been on at the same time.

Hit 303 and did the second instance, was seriously fun. It even had short vehicle parts to rock some turret shooting. It felt about the same difficulty as the first one, but it was a lot more open and had plenty of cover to hide behind for shield regen.

On a different not, is there any reason we're not just using the normal PA vent? I'm sure there's someone around that's an admin that could rename an extra channel.

ECOED.jpg
    TPSou
    So it turns out the first part of the game is canonically happening before the start of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD1lUs9rb04

I was wondering how Nolan made it out to St. Louis when he was busy chasing arkfalls in the Bay Area.

ECOED.jpg
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »

This is correct.

I didnt setup the TS3 server to be a PA wide server, it is a possibility but I havent thought through the ramifications of that. It was setup for GW2, and the members of the Penny Arcade forums that play GW2.

I'll think about it.

@Draygo

I just didn't want any trends to continue without making sure with you first.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Draygo wrote: »

This is correct.

I'll think about it.

@draygo

In the interim @corehealer was directing us to use the general circus channel(the one where any game is played) or the wild-star channel he made. If we are crossing you by doing so, please let us know and we will desist.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    The coop dungeons have been improved for launch. Im not saying they are the greatest dungeon adventures ever- but changes and tuning did in fact occur!

Definitely better. Healing is pretty fun.... I have a med gun that hops for like 3-4 targets. So if the group sticks tight I can heal everyone even myself. :p almost cheating.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."