As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[East] Pax Xp qr codes

nollienollie Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in PAX Archive
Anyone else having problems reading the QR codes on the signs. I've gotten i think 2 of them to read, and I've found 3-4 other ones but i cannot get the code to read on my phone. :( I've tried with my boyfriends phone too and no luck so I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem?
Particularly the one by the tabletop freeplay, ive tried with multiple phones and barcode scanning apps and nothing...

Pax East 2012 Omeganaut!
Pax East '12 checklist: [x] 3 day pass, [x] hotel booked, [x] byoc seat registered, [ ] cookies baked, [ ] omegathon won.
nollie on

• Options
    TeknoMonkeyTeknoMonkey Registered User regular
    I've had trouble too, but try using a digital camera and then scan it using youjr phone. Some of the ones you can't scan may be due to lighting. Hope this helps.

• Options
    BijazikBijazik Registered User new member
    i had no problem with it u just have to scan them from straight on cuz most of them r lower to the ground

• Options
    Bijazik wrote: »
    i had no problem with it u just have to scan them from straight on cuz most of them r lower to the ground
    haha believe me i tried that, i'm kneeling down in front for like 15 minutes trying to get the stupid things to scan

but thanks tekno i'll try that tomorrow

Pax East 2012 Omeganaut!
    Pax East '12 checklist: [x] 3 day pass, [x] hotel booked, [x] byoc seat registered, [ ] cookies baked, [ ] omegathon won.
  • Options
    goldrangergoldranger Registered User regular
    I had trouble at first too, but got the hang of it once I started focusing in further away from the sign. So try backing up a bit. I was able to locate 27 of them today, hope to get the rest tomorrow!

• Options
    FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    So many problems! Using Barcode for Android.

Are we allowed to co-op the the hunt on here?

• Options
    SpannerSpanner Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Has anyone seen code #40? The codes tend to be on PA owned signs.

Burn the Land and Boil the Sea.
    You can't take the Sky from Me.
  • Options
    FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    All of them have been posted yet

• Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    I've got 40, but I haven't been keeping track of where I found them very well. PM me if you can't find it! I'll check back tonight.

• Options
    Ok where is 40? I've gotten them all except that one, and it is not where the info booth said it was. I scoured that entire area wirh no luck

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    FWIW, try using Optiscan if you're on iOS. I haven't missed a QR code yet with that, even at some weird angles and long distances.

• Options
    SpannerSpanner Registered User, ClubPA regular
    If you know the message but are missing a few codes you should still be able to turn in the puzzle.
    40 is somewhere on level 1 (Not 0).

Burn the Land and Boil the Sea.
    You can't take the Sky from Me.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    yea anyone have an android app thats been working for them? I've tried shopsavvy barcode scanner and redlaser

nollie on
    Pax East 2012 Omeganaut!
  • Options
    Barcode scanner is what I've been using.

• Options
    Spanner wrote: »
    If you know the message but are missing a few codes you should still be able to turn in the puzzle.
    40 is somewhere on level 1 (Not 0).

I've looked all over level 1 and still haven't found it. :(

• Options
    Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    number 40 is at the bioware booth on the expo floor (or so information tells me), I just got the answer from a friend.

• Options
    Kiki_lou wrote: »
    number 40 is at the bioware booth on the expo floor (or so information tells me), I just got the answer from a friend.

I looked all over that booth and didn't find it. :(

• Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    Anyone willing to co-op a bunch? I've got most of the first part of the phrase but not tht second. Not a tabletop guy so I figure we missed a bunch in there.

• Options
    newfoundcontrolnewfoundcontrol Registered User regular
    I have everything.... But #18.

• Options
    newfoundcontrolnewfoundcontrol Registered User regular
    40 is at the Star Wars: the old republic booth

• Options
    DeordDeord Registered User regular
    I actually found 40 in the PA Merch booth in the Expo hall

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    As someone who didn't attend East, I am curious as to what the phrase was this year. Also, if someone could post a picture of the prize that would be great.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    As someone who didn't attend East, I am curious as to what the phrase was this year. Also, if someone could post a picture of the prize that would be great.

I'm curious too, my phone would just not cooperate so I gave up =/

Pax East 2012 Omeganaut!
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I gave up about 20 codes in due to a bunch giving me too much trouble reading.

• Options
    Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    it was "always make sure to check your abdomen for a clutch of broodax eggs"

• Options
    aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    Kiki_lou wrote: »
    it was "always make sure to check your abdomen for a clutch of broodax eggs"

Not quite.

"Always check your abdomen for a clutch of Broodax eggs."

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Also, what kind of cool swag did you guys win?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The prize this year was a keychain.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?