Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I liked every single N64 wrestling game

Pretty much for all the reasons Xehalus mentioned

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    the best thing about wcw vs nwo revenge was the rings of saturn glitch

the what now

if you were in a tag match and used the rings of saturn, nothing could break the hold

it is the instant win button

Jesus christ this explains so much now about my friend's unbeaten exhibition streak

And why he would never let me pick Saturn

son of a bitch
    oh god skull man

did I just reveal a conspiracy to you

YES

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I just want to say that I enjoyed WWF Warzone and Attitude.

That has no bearing on my opinion of any of the others named, but I was a little surprised they weren't brought up, since they came out when WWF was just getting red-hot in their fight against WCW.

I just saw this. I liked Warzone a fair bit, but Smackdown, in my opinion blew all the acclaim stuff out of the water on PS1, and on N64 the wcw games were miles ahead of them

The character creator wasn't as good but it was refreshing to do moves without putting in a button combo.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You know what wrestling game is underrated?

WCW VS The World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3n12bF8K0w

It was like a polygonal Fire Pro complete with copyright infringement!

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Def jam fight for new york, at least once a year i make a new guy and play through the story mode. When I was still in college, my roommates and I would play for hours almost every night, I think there are several characters on my characters that have over 500 matches a piece. Shit I love that game, it is a damn shame what they did with the sequel.

I have WWE'12 and I like it, it just doesn't grab me like the late smackdown games did. I think the last smackdown game I really enjoyed was 08 maybe and then the first one that came out on the 360.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    One of the last days of my sophomore year of college, some friends of mine in the dorm and I had a 40-man battle royale, with only pin falls and submissions allowed. No ring outs. It was a giant, several-hour long battle and one of the best times I've had.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    wwe 12 is not really a good game

the creation tools are pretty great, at least, but "wwe universe" mode is boring, stupid dogshit, and road to wrestlemania is infuriating

they try to set up this storyline that might happen on tv, which is a good idea, but all the voice acting is hilariously bad because wrestlers aren't, in general, good actors, and the way they do things to keep the story on track is just...

for example, I had to take part in an elimination tag match, and it was like BEAT BIG SHOW DOWN WITH THIS TINY MAN AND THEN HIT A WHEN WE TELL YOU so big show beat the hell out of my tiny man nine times in a row and pinned him so I got the game over screen and had to start over nine times

and then I finally pull it off and it goes to a cutscene where he reverses my finisher and eliminates me and it's like, for fuck's sake

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    but wwe 12 gave us the united kingdom

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't think I got to it because the act of playing the game was so fucking disgusting

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    No Mercy was great because if you win every World Title defense match, Vince somehow rose Andre the Giant from the dead to wrestle

I'm sure that's something Vince would do too

• Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular

That has no bearing on my opinion of any of the others named, but I was a little surprised they weren't brought up, since they came out when WWF was just getting red-hot in their fight against WCW.

I just saw this. I liked Warzone a fair bit, but Smackdown, in my opinion blew all the acclaim stuff out of the water on PS1, and on N64 the wcw games were miles ahead of them

The character creator wasn't as good but it was refreshing to do moves without putting in a button combo.
    Best part about Warzone was the Weapons match. Breaking large, clunky tube TVs over people's heads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzbMP5HkT8w

Even funnier was when the crowd would throw them in effortlessly.

e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    I always found it weird that you could seamlessly use the tables at ringside in Warzone and then NEVER AGAIN for like a decade.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    I don't think I got to it because the act of playing the game was so fucking disgusting

You didn't miss much. The whole story mode is full of cool concepts that are poorly executed with bad writing, booking and voice acting. Also, all the matches boil down to that "beat a guy until you can press the cutscene button" mechanic.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I'm cracking up at TLB solving other forumers' lifelong mysteries.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    I still get sad when I think about that Fire Pro hoax.

What was this? Doesn't ring a bell...

The character creator was a huge draw for me, as I had hoped to get into it myself at the time. As for the button combos? This was coming off of Street Fighter and the fighting game craze, which is how I got into wrestling in the first place, so it worked fine for me.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Warzone is the most hilariously clunky game, but it was what i started with because I was anti-WCW and didn't want to get a WCW game. Me and my brothers got a sega saturn purely for massive Fire Pro fights. I loved any wrestling game that let me play as Doink, though.

I remember one of the PS1 games you could have your dude wear this metal hand
    and when you picked stuff up it turned into a claw

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The thing I hate about WWE '12 is how long it fucking takes to get a creation wrestler in any real feuds in WWE Universe. I can insert the guy on Raw and beat Cena in the main event for 50 weeks and the only thing that will happen is that suddenly I'm feuding with David Otunga and I'm ranked 9th for a shot at the US Title. Basically I would like the game to have a better recognition of winning streaks and stuff.

Also if it would not let Ezekiel Jackson beat Taker for the WHC, that'd be great. Thanks, game.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    RubberAC wrote: »
    Warzone is the most hilariously clunky game, but it was what i started with because I was anti-WCW and didn't want to get a WCW game. Me and my brothers got a sega saturn purely for massive Fire Pro fights. I loved any wrestling game that let me play as Doink, though.

I was anti-WCW, but pro-nWo (yeah, I know) for a while there, so I kind of went with both.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »
    I still get sad when I think about that Fire Pro hoax.

What was this? Doesn't ring a bell...

I think that a few years ago, on the Fire Pro forums, there was this guy who posted breaking news that it was announced that there would be a Fire Pro game for the 360 and PS3 to be released that year. Everybody flipped out and was so happy.

Then realized it was April 1.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Right, except it wasn't April 1, it was something like March 22 and it wasn't revealed as a hoax until April 2. So a week of thinking about how great Fire Pro HD would be and then... grrrr.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    but there will be a fire pro game for the 360! Fire Pro Avatar Wrestling wooooo!

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Yeah.

For fucking Marketplace or something. Not actual disc. It can only be bought online on Xbox Live, something I don't fucking have. Fuck.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    how... how do you connect to the internet, sweeney?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    but there will be a fire pro game for the 360! Fire Pro Avatar Wrestling wooooo!

Cancelled, thankfully. Or rather, everyone is pretending it was never announced.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    CoffeeCoffee Registered User regular
    WCW vs NWO Revenge, along with Goldeneye, was pretty much all of my N64 childhood years.

• Options
    Radius wrote: »

I don't have Xbox Live. And everytime I remember to get a wireless adapter for my 360, they're either sold out, I'm just dollars short, or I see something else that I've been looking for (either for myself or a friend) and put it down.

• Options
    And now I'm trying my damnedest to remember another wrestling game I played where I;m pretty sure Wrestlemaia was in the name and you could play as Big Boss Man and Ultimate Warrior. Pretty sure it was on the NES or SNES....

I can remember all the music but damn I cannot remember the name at all.

• Options
    Found it, WWF WrestleMania Challenge.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Is just using an ethernet cable long enough to download the game not an option or something?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Ashcroft wrote: »

Cancelled, thankfully. Or rather, everyone is pretending it was never announced.

Kind of hoping the latter; I was rather looking forward to it.

Mind, I've never really gotten to play a regular Fire Pro, either, but I do like the thought of wrestling as my Avatar; it's quite similar to an idea I had some time prior to its announcement.
    Radius wrote: »

I don't have Xbox Live. And everytime I remember to get a wireless adapter for my 360, they're either sold out, I'm just dollars short, or I see something else that I've been looking for (either for myself or a friend) and put it down.

I just got a long cord for mine. I realize that's not a viable solution for everyone, depending on your setup, but it works for me.

• Options
    dalin008dalin008 Registered User new member
    Are you playing The Wrestling Game? See if you share the same points made in this latest The Wrestling Game review.

• Options
    I'm going to use this as a chance to remind everybody that Saturday Night Slam Masters is incredibly tough even on some of the easiest settings.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    DeviousRakunDeviousRakun Registered User regular
    I used to love the Day of Reckoning games on Gamecube. My cousins and I could return to those any day, it was ridiculous how hectic a match would get when a suplex, finisher, or a turnbuckle move would actually hurt and knock over the other players.

• Options
    This is an actual photo of in-game models for WWE 13

tMTzv.jpg

Everything in the Day of Reckoning games looks better than this

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I don't really like wrestling games though I did play and really get into Def Jam: Fight for NY for some reason.

I also just love the commercial for a wrestling game that features The Rock talking into a mic and walking around and he says "do you smell what the rock is cooking?" and then a chef comes up and says "pancakes Rock pancakes!" and then the chef gets slammed to the ground. It is the best wrestling game commercial EVER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV-K22brNLo

Huh...doesn't seem as good anymore...

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Did any of you know that Suda51 (Killer7, No More Heroes, Lollipop Chainsaw) made a Fire Pro Wrestling game? Because Suda51 made a Fire Pro Wrestling game.
    The plot follows the path of a fictional pro wrestler attempting to prove himself as the strongest there is. Through a long train of ranked matches, he slowly gains notoriety as a wrestler as well as the grudging respect of his contemporaries.

The hero encounters Akira Maeda's fictional sister and falls in love with her, but she spurns his romantic intents, causing him to fall into a deep depression. To make matters worse, just before his championship match, he watches as his American trainer is killed right before his eyes. Even after becoming the undisputed pro wrestling champion of the world, it's a hollow victory without anyone to share it with. Deciding that everything was all a waste of time, he commits suicide.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    This is an actual photo of in-game models for WWE 13

tMTzv.jpg

Everything in the Day of Reckoning games looks better than this

I love how all other games are pushing the graphics boundary and WWE games can't develop at all. Basketball games have realistic sweat on perfectly replicated characters. WWE can't handle well replicated characters.