As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Syrup

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Are you... talking about a browser RPG that's not Fallen London? You sluts!

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ohaiposh

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Living in the future means that I'm waiting to view a house via Skype. This is really cool.
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Are you... talking about a browser RPG that's not Fallen London? You sluts!
    It's not really a game, it's just some daily clicking. I don't know why I play. It's a sickness.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I know a guy that played Adventure Quest religiously for a while. I used to see him every time I went to the computer labs.

Man, there was a game that could've used better artists.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i have never played a browser game

i am the 1%

actually i lie i have played "dont shit your pants"

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    btw posh i just registered for fallen london just to make you happy

i hope ur proud of yourself son

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ronya wrote: »
    I know a guy that played Adventure Quest religiously for a while. I used to see him every time I went to the computer labs.

Man, there was a game that could've used better artists.

Hey!

I have a friend that works for that game!

EDIT: Well, not that game in particular, for the company that runs it. She is a community relations type person.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Fallen London deserves better art.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    btw posh i just registered for fallen london just to make you happy

i hope ur proud of yourself son

Good lad.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

It is mostly text, and great text it is.

It deserves better art in the same that The Hobbit needed better pictures.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    So last night I had this chocolate cake that had the density of a heavy metal. It was fantastic but I am just... quivering in a fetal ball, I feel so close to death.

I had a spinach and goat's cheese quiche. It was pretty great.

Man, I want some fucking quiche. I envy you!

I wonder how hard it is to make quiche..

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

It is mostly text, and great text it is.

It deserves better art in the same that The Hobbit needed better pictures.

I know it is mostly text. It still has pictures and it deserves better ones.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mim wrote: »
    So last night I had this chocolate cake that had the density of a heavy metal. It was fantastic but I am just... quivering in a fetal ball, I feel so close to death.

It's Mimpossible!

:D

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

It's trivial.

I make it a lot. Mostly because it's easy.

You make some pastry (300g of flour + 150g butter, smush it about, add a little water). Roll it on baking paper. Put it in a dish. Throw that in the oven.

Mix some eggs (I used three) with a tiny bit of milk and some cream (or possibly crème fraiche - hilariously France doesn't really distinguish between the two). Season it.

Then I boiled some spinach for a minute. Drain it, put it in the semi-cooked pastry. Pour on the thick mixture of eggs and nonsense. Grate some nutmeg on the top then cover with slices of goat's cheese.

Pop it in the oven until you can stick a knife into it's heart and it doesn't come out wet.

Bam.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

It's harder if you're making the crust. If you buy a pre-made crust though, it's just a matter of mixing eggs and whatever else you want together then baking it in the crust.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Urgh.

You can get 90% of moving furniture done in about an hour or 2. Then you spend the next 6 hours dealing with the piles of tiny organizational stuff that you should do but by the time you get to it your already sore from the furniture.

EDIT: But on the plus side, the HD TV and sound system are now in an insulated, non-central room of the house. The overall goal being, to try and dissuade my father from watching fucked up foreign films in the middle of bright sunny days, in the central room of the house.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    so i had an idea last night after I'd taken my drugs and right before i went to bed. would it be possible to create giant floating islands of like modified redwoods to eat up and trap carbon dioxide long term?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    so i had an idea last night after I'd taken my drugs and right before i went to bed. would it be possible to create giant floating islands of like modified redwoods to eat up and trap carbon dioxide long term?

Why would they need to be on floating islands?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
  • Options

It's trivial.

You make some pastry (300g of flour + 150g butter, smush it about, add a little water). Roll it on baking paper. Put it in a dish. Throw that in the oven.

Mix some eggs (I used three) with a tiny bit of milk and some cream (or possibly crème fraiche - hilariously France doesn't really distinguish between the two). Season it.

Then I boiled some spinach for a minute. Drain it, put it in the semi-cooked pastry. Pour on the thick mixture of eggs and nonsense. Grate some nutmeg on the top then cover with slices of goat's cheese.

Pop it in the oven until you can stick a knife into it's heart and it doesn't come out wet.

Bam.

how long do I put it in the oven to make the pastry semi-cooked? :o what temp?

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Why would they need to be on floating islands?

And floating "helium balloon" or floating "ship"?

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Man I love being in charge of wholesale billing!

Them: We have no record of this invoice, and we already have an invoice for this day, take it off our account.

Us: This was extra bread picked up from the retail store by (their employee's name).

Them: Well we didn't authorize him to do that, we're not going to pay for it.

Us: ...yes, you are.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

It's Mimpossible!

*smack smackity smack smack smack*

• Options
    edited April 2012

It's trivial.

Bam.

Generally I just leave it as long as it takes me to do the rest of the stuff, so only a couple of minutes (call it five). The idea is just to cook the upper surface so that your filling doesn't leech into the pastry too much (it changes colour, but is still clearly uncooked).

And I generally just rotate the oven knob just over halfway. Which is usually 220 degrees . Gas Mark 6 on most ovens.

You don't actually need to prebake the crust if you don't want, it just makes it better.

Other good things to put in quiche: Leek & Lardons, Lardons & Potatoes (cook the potatoes beforehand), Salmon and Leeks. Mozzarella, basil and tomato. AND NOTHING ELSE FOR IT IS A SIN. If you're doing one of those, sprinkle some cheese on top too for added deliciousness.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options

It's trivial.

Bam.

Generally I just leave it as long as it takes me to do the rest of the stuff, so only a couple of minutes (call it five). The idea is just to cook the upper surface so that your filling doesn't leech into the pastry too much (it changes colour, but is still clearly uncooked).

And I generally just rotate the oven knob just over halfway. Which is usually 220 degrees . Gas Mark 6 on most ovens.

You don't actually need to prebake the crust if you don't want, it just makes it better.

Other good things to put in quiche: Leek & Lardons, Lardons & Potatoes (cook the potatoes beforehand), Salmon and Leeks. Mozzarella, basil and tomato. AND NOTHING ELSE FOR IT IS A SIN. If you're doing one of those, sprinkle some cheese on top too for added deliciousness.

I want spinach and cheese or spinach, ham and cheese :D

• Options
    Let me know how it goes, Mim. It really is very easy though.

• Options
  • Options

It's Mimpossible!

*smack smackity smack smack smack*

Gah!

Oh the humanity!

Steam
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    ALocksly wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    ALocksly wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hey Locks. What are you up to these days?

Shift work and trying to fix up my new (old) house.

also I got a dog.

Exciting stuff. :D We're (or well, my pa mostly) fixing up this house as well, I think my parents figured they want to continue living here for another 20 years. We've got a new kitchen, new carpeting on 2 floors, master's bedroom has two new closets and new wallpaper and we're going to get a new dormer up on the roof. What are you fixing up?

And you can't mention a new dog without showing a picture, that's the whole point with dogs.

Well, I just bought the place about a year ago now and I've redone most of the floors and done some papering and painting. I've also built a shop/shed and a trail around my backyard, raised bed for my GFs garden and an outside kennel and doghouse for Wombat- see below

edit: oh yeah, I also dug a small pond.

Wombat1.jpg
    Dawwwwww

• Options
    Let me know how it goes, Mim. It really is very easy though.

I hope it comes out well. I am still a newbie at cooking (though everything I've done thus far has come out pretty well)

• Options
    the best quiche is imo basically an alps style omelet quiche with lardons, cheese, fried potato, bit of onion, egg

dabest

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Woo, more wholesale fun!

Them: Where are my 6 loaves of brioche???

Me: Uh, on order for tomorrow, like your message said?

Them: Well I need them today, now!

Me: ...

(brioche is a 2 day process)

((they know this as they order it regularly))

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Let us not discuss quiche anymore. Or food.

I'm trying to enjoy my oatmeal but this talk is making me want other things.

• Options
    Someone clever talk to me about low-dosage Zyprexa for general anxiety disorder please.

I want to do some research before I put this crap in my face.

• Options
    I ordered a thing from this company on Amazon and they sent me the completely wrong thing. So I emailed them and they issued an RMA. I returned the item and emailed them that I sent it as they asked me to do. A couple days go by and no word about my correct item being sent out so I email them to ask the situation, and they say they are mailing it ASAP. I got the email with the tracking number a couple days ago and then yesterday I get another email from them saying they have processed a refund for me.

If it was something cheap I would just be like, cool free stuff, but this is a $90 thing. Even though it has taken 3 weeks for me to get it, I still feel like I should email them and inform them of their apparent error.

=/

Steam
  • Options
    I ordered a thing from this company on Amazon and they sent me the completely wrong thing. So I emailed them and they issued an RMA. I returned the item and emailed them that I sent it as they asked me to do. A couple days go by and no word about my correct item being sent out so I email them to ask the situation, and they say they are mailing it ASAP. I got the email with the tracking number a couple days ago and then yesterday I get another email from them saying they have processed a refund for me.

If it was something cheap I would just be like, cool free stuff, but this is a $90 thing. Even though it has taken 3 weeks for me to get it, I still feel like I should email them and inform them of their apparent error.

=/

You should.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    wat do you want to know about olanzapine posh

side effects? success rates?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

=/

You should.

I did.

I probably won't get a response until Monday or Tuesday. I wonder what they are going to want me to do.

Steam
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Urgh

I have so much to do and I just want to lie down and do nothing today

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.