As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

1939495969799»

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    obviously "full organized teamcomp" beats "random checkbox teamcomp" but it's basically impossible to do that in solo queue.

I think you're brushing off something that is incredibly important, and I'm really speaking more in terms of 5mans than solo queue. If you can pull that stuff off in solo queue, you deserve the most elo.

It's not just about a team comp that works, it's understanding how champs work in these kinds of comps. Abilities, timings, kiting, initiation, etc. All of it. It took me 600 wins to get here, and I feel this is a major turning point for me in the game. I'm not sure that I'm properly conveying my thoughts on this, because it certainly wasn't obvious for me.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    <--- 200 wins smarter than Sampsen.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Synergy has always existed, and way too many people ignore it. One of the best kill lanes I've ever seen is Veigar/Swain. They sequenced cage/nevermore/dark matter/all the other abilities so 1 if not 2 were dead every time. I dare someone to go against that lane, since the cc from both ensure their safety even on 4 man ganks.
    Other favorites:
    Kennen+Amumu+(swain or vlad) - you've got roughly 3.5-4 seconds of stunlock, MR reduction and massive damage amp from the 3 ults.
    Maokai or Ryze+Xin - the snare holds them for xins popup
    Nidalee+Lux - poke all day
    Fiddle+Soraka+Talon - Silence party+mass AOE

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    My main complaint about Skarner is how mana-intensive he is.

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    okay, so i am watching the guardsman bob stream or whatever, and what is with the lady sitting in the back?

the room looks as big as a closet, too

edited April 2012
    Echo wrote: »
    My main complaint about Skarner is how mana-intensive he is.

To clear jungle? He's not that mana intensive. The mana nerfs just made it so his mana usage wasn't laughable. Granted, I've only played him like two or three times since like...the new jungle was released.

ChaosHat on
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Projeck wrote: »
    okay, so i am watching the guardsman bob stream or whatever, and what is with the lady sitting in the back?

(girl)friend of his, maybe? he might be playing at her apartment

that's not his normal gaming room

ChaosHat wrote: »

Perhaps, but I don't put myself in the same class as you if we discuss 'gaming ability'. I was out of video games for 5 or 6 years, so I still consider myself behind the curve.

And it's obvious in your picks that you choose for team comp now more than just your own ability to carry. Sometimes it's appropriate to carry from the jungle, but I see a lot more utility out of you these days, which I like a lot. Sometimes we mess around (Ezreal comes to mind), but overall there is much more emphasis on team fighting.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    @carnarvon That was my other question, do you go straight for the sheen, or is the extra bulk from Phage better? And do you finish a wriggles? I feel like it delays his Triforce by a LOT, but could be useful if you are going for a more Tanky Randuins/Wit's End/Frozen Heart build.

Wriggles? Boots+pots start fo' leif. Rush Warmogs into Sheen, then if they're heavy AD, Atma's. Otherwise, finish out 3force.

Basically, I just farm for days and only gank when it is definitely going to bring me money. That's only if you're going to build him as a hyper carry, though; wriggles->sheen->giant's belt is also pretty good.

Sampsen wrote: »

Perhaps, but I don't put myself in the same class as you if we discuss 'gaming ability'. I was out of video games for 5 or 6 years, so I still consider myself behind the curve.

And it's obvious in your picks that you choose for team comp now more than just your own ability to carry. Sometimes it's appropriate to carry from the jungle, but I see a lot more utility out of you these days, which I like a lot. Sometimes we mess around (Ezreal comes to mind), but overall there is much more emphasis on team fighting.

Well it's super boring. It's basically always up to me to be a baller and make up for your shortcomings.

Death lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain.

edited April 2012

Well it's super boring. It's basically always up to me to be a baller and make up for your shortcomings.

My AD carries gonna cc the living shit outta them son. Time for me to show you how Caitlyn traps are supposed to be used.

Edit - I'm up for playing some Ashe if you want to take something without guaranteed initiation.

Sampsen on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    @carnarvon That was my other question, do you go straight for the sheen, or is the extra bulk from Phage better? And do you finish a wriggles? I feel like it delays his Triforce by a LOT, but could be useful if you are going for a more Tanky Randuins/Wit's End/Frozen Heart build.

Wriggles? Boots+pots start fo' leif. Rush Warmogs into Sheen, then if they're heavy AD, Atma's. Otherwise, finish out 3force.

Basically, I just farm for days and only gank when it is definitely going to bring me money. That's only if you're going to build him as a hyper carry, though; wriggles->sheen->giant's belt is also pretty good.

I'll give that a shot.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

My AD carries gonna cc the living shit outta them son. Time for me to show you how Caitlyn traps are supposed to be used.

Edit - I'm up for playing some Ashe if you want to take something without guaranteed initiation.

Feel free to let us all know what the proper way of using cait's traps is

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Why, to trap Yordles of course.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2012

They're a form of hard initiation. All you need to do is kite the enemy team for a little while, then use your net to get closer to them followed by flash. You should now be in the middle of them and they will be so surprised that they won't even attack you. You place your trap under their carry and your team will immediately know to go in on them. Nothing screams "FIGHT" like a Caitlyn initiation.

Sampsen on
    edited April 2012

They're a form of hard initiation. All you need to do is kite the enemy team for a little while, then use your net to get closer to them followed by flash. You should now be in the middle of them and they will be so surprised that they won't even attack you. You place your trap under their carry and your team will immediately know to go in on them. Nothing screams "FIGHT" like a Caitlyn initiation.

This is literally the most terrible idea in the world that anyone has had about anything ever regarding any subject matter.

@delphinidaes boots pots start is bleh.

ChaosHat on
    edited April 2012

This is literally the most terrible idea in the world that anyone has had about anything ever regarding any subject matter.

You don't even know. I'm going to do it tonight and we'll win, just watch.

Edit - /all Team is noob, not following up my initiation. **** noobs!

Sampsen on

Oh I wasn't going to start boots/pots I was going to do the vamp scepter start but try the wriggles -> warmogs approach

delphinidaes.png

Oh I wasn't going to start boots/pots I was going to do the vamp scepter start but try the wriggles -> warmogs approach

Good man.

I may still focus W though :rotate:

delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2012

Good man.

The hardest part about learning to play Jax is getting used to the leap distance (always feels farther than it is) and when to press your E so you can hit it as you land. Something I do all too often is pop the E as I'm running in, expecting to be able to leap, and then the E wears off too soon.

ChaosHat on

Good man.

I may still focus W though :rotate:

The worst.

Good man.

The hardest part about learning to play Jax is getting used to the leap distance (always feels farther than it is) and when to press your E so you can hit it as you land. Something I do all too often is pop the E as I'm running in, expecting to be able to leap, and then the E wears off too soon.

Those make me laugh, but often it works out fine and we get a kill anways. Once you get that jump distance down, your Jax ganks are going to be terrifying.

Good man.

This happens to me all the time and it is most frustrating, it also ties back into my comment about proper approach angles for jungle ganking, something I am actively working on.

delphinidaes.png

Good man.

This happens to me all the time and it is most frustrating, it also ties back into my comment about proper approach angles for jungle ganking, something I am actively working on.

It's just the break in period for learning a new champion while having smartcasting on. I've never played Jax without it so I don't have a real good feel for the radius yet.

I always forget to factor in their response time to me coming in for a gank so they manage to stay just far enough away for it to run out.

Although it at least is always entertaining because I look like a helicopter coming in.

delphinidaes.png

Good man.

It's just the break in period for learning a new champion while having smartcasting on. I've never played Jax without it so I don't have a real good feel for the radius yet.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Projeck wrote: »

Its the newest promotion, like how you can play with Bob in game. For a big enough donation he will come to your house and you get to watch him stream in person.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    man had like 6 queue dodged in a row. but then I ended up in a 4/0/1 cait game and won.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Elementz's support tier list;
    Supports: 1) Janna, 2) Alistar, 3) Soraka, 4) Taric, 5) Leona, 6) Nunu, 7) Sona, 8) Lulu, 9) Lux, 10) Blitzcrank, 11) Yorick, 12) Galio, 13) Gangplank, 14) Annie, 15) Karma

I'm amused that he's ranked Lulu as the worst of the "true" supports (although I'd have probably rated her higher than Sona), and very glad that Supportplank made the list. Annie over Ashe or Orianna, on the other hand...

• Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    Things that are wrong:

Yorick above Galio (Galio has seen tourney play as a support. Only Epik runs Yoyrick).

Sona above Lulu (Lulu should be top 5 at the lowest actually)

Soraka not second (Ali is great as a jungler, okay as a support)

League of Legends: Studio
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I don't know why no one runs Galio support, he's cool as fuck.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Because nobody runs Galio. He is indeed a pretty cool support.

If we are continuing Painhouses in some capacity I volunteer to captain only if it is understood that if I draft you, we are trying something unusual every game.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I tend to prefer him top or mid, so I can really soak up damage while throwing it out.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    Things that are wrong:

Yorick above Galio (Galio has seen tourney play as a support. Only Epik runs Yoyrick).

Ugh people really need to stop listening to Elementz. His tier lists have always been out of whack and based entirely on his own opinions instead of any actual useful comparisons.

delphinidaes.png
    Things that are wrong:

I would love it if you would do a champion spotlight kind of deal, highlighting real strengths and weaknesses, going over good combinations of supports+ad carries. There is a lot of information there that has never been in an easy to digest format for the masses.

Just a thought.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Needs more Supportalis in there.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    just tried jungle jax custom to try routes and came out about half health with vamp scept and e,w,e,q. extremely easy clear

This discussion has been closed.