As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NHL Thread: Can Lidstrom Unretire? Please?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    And the parade to the penalty box continues. Arglebargle...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Get Schneider in there!!! Luongo can't hack it!!

I laffed.

...and I agreed!

• Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    mr_mich wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    I have to admit that I'm giggling a little bit. You don't have a right to dislike the outcome if you stand around on defense in overtime.

How about the opponent getting a free goal in a game that goes to OT?

Nope. Stood around on defense in overtime, so no bitching.

(Yes)

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Canucks must have a really comfy penalty box or something.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Ugh, Helm had emergency surgery, probably to fix cut tendons by a skate. He's done. Which means the fourth line will be useless and the third line will be semi-useless.

I didn't see what happened to Helm, I just heard the announcers say "Helm is out with an upper-body injury". Do you have any specifics?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    He hit Radulov, skate come up on him, sliced his wrist.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Cripes

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    That was a really stupid hit even if the ref's weren't calling the game super tight.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Luongo's the only Canuck who IS playing well tonight. I'm having flashbacks to 2007...

EDIT: Ugh, I should have known better than to post that. My jinxing game is in playoff shape, clearly.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Luongo's the only Canuck who IS playing well tonight. I'm having flashbacks to 2007...

I was about to come on here and say that. Still, good game so far even with that.

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    Good win for the Kings. Had flashbacks to all the times where the Kings would dominate play, only to lose on a flukey goal. Dustin Pancakes Penner getting the GWG was a nice touch. Onto Game 2!

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I am just going to leave this here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4vMT8Pw0yc

Also, such an amazing week of all forms of hockey for me. Fantasy, floor, EVERYTHING.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Kind of like that missed icing call resulting a goal, and that bullshit Rinaldo penalty. It goes both ways.

Just an fyi, icing is up to referees discretion, offsides isn't.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
  • Options
    Wow, Kings are trolling pretty hard right here.

KINGNNSS.jpg

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    I don't really see what people are outraged about, that's pretty funny.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Kind of like that missed icing call resulting a goal, and that bullshit Rinaldo penalty. It goes both ways.

Are we talking about the Steve Sullivan non-icing? If I recall correctly, he was out-muscled/out-skated but got to the puck first because he's so damn crafty.

• Options

Are we talking about the Steve Sullivan non-icing? If I recall correctly, he was out-muscled/out-skated but got to the puck first because he's so damn crafty.

I actually have no idea what we are talking about, I was just pointing out that 'missing' an icing isn't necessarily the case.

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular

I actually have no idea what we are talking about, I was just pointing out that 'missing' an icing isn't necessarily the case.

yeah that's the one that people are talking about. the other reason i've heard it wasn't an icing was the philly d pinched on dupuis and stopped him from making a play on the puck, so it was waved off.

• Options
    Whatever. The Pens were on the wrong side of a call (it happens), but they could've overcome it if they played more than 15 minutes of hockey. First round or not, that's not how people win in the playoffs.

Still, I hate Briere's Keebler face and Hartnell's Ronald McDonald antics.

• Options
    Word, he committed to the poke check when Briere was like 6 feet away.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    I don't know what Fleury was trying to accomplish on the first Briere goal, made his move way too early and left the entire top of the net free.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options

Holy shit.

I revise my prediction, preds win the cup.

• Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    Slightly off-topic, but does anyone here have any experience with using NHL Gamecenter on the Playstation 3? If so, shoot me a PM, I have a few questions concerning how it works: I need to find a reliable way to watch playoff hockey on the PS3.

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    You might find a bit more help in the NHL 12/13 thread in G&T, if there is one.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    on a related note, are any of the games streaming online (legally, on NHL.com or NBCsports.com)? I've looked but it's unclear. I just have class until 8:30 tonight, and want to sneak some of the Bruins game

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    You might want to check out CBC Sports. They mentioned something about streaming the game, but I have no clue if it will work in the US

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Puck Daddy pretty much shares my feelings on the Weber decision. I can understand why they shied away from a suspension, but it was the wrong one as it sends the wrong message and may even encourage teams to be dishonest to get the results they want from Shannahan.

On a tangent, I personally think Shannahan needs to disregard any injury (or lack of injury for that matter) when making decisions about supplemental discipline. Just because a guy walks away from a dirty hit doesn't mean the hit wasn't dirty.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone here have any experience with using NHL Gamecenter on the Playstation 3? If so, shoot me a PM, I have a few questions concerning how it works: I need to find a reliable way to watch playoff hockey on the PS3.

I don't have a GameCenter sub, but as I understand it, you have to buy the PS3 app (unless you have Playstation Plus), then you have to have a GameCenter subscription. You basically get dinged twice.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Apparently words from Laviolette are worse than face-bashes from Weber?

• Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    I checked CBC Sports last night to catch the Pens/Flyers game, but CBC wasn't steaming the game :(

I just want to make sure that NHL Gamecenter actually streams the playoff games live, and not the 48-hours after BS. The FAQ is vague on the details, and before I shell out the cash, I want make sure it works.

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Here's the alleged blown icing call:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz8FDBL4-mU

For the record, Campbell apologized for the missed offsides call, but nothing about the icing...

Edit: I just want to clarify that deep down what upsets me is that we blew a 3 goal lead. Refs or no refs, I'm never going to feel like one of our leads is safe for the entire post season. If you can't keep up a 3 goal lead on a team you hate because you can't get it up, when the hell can you win? I am mad and the internet needs to know it.

mr_mich on
  • Options
    I am not at all surprised that Weber got off.

• Options
    Why's that?

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Late to the show but:
    Rangers>Senators
    Bs>Caps
    Devils>Panthers
    Flyers>Pens

Bs>Flyers over Rangers>Devils

Vancouver>LA
    Sharks>Blues
    Nashville>Detroit
    Blackhawks>you shouldn't be playing hockey in Arizona

Vancover>Sharks over Nashville>Blackhawks

Bs in 6 in the rematch

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Why's that?

Because the NHL basically relaxes discipline in the playoffs. And Zetterberg wasn't hurt and we have an insane outcome based suspension policy.

• Options
    Why's that?

Because the NHL basically relaxes discipline in the playoffs. And Zetterberg wasn't hurt and we have an insane outcome based suspension policy.
    Fair points...

...suspend Radulov! Helm's out for the postseason!

• Options
    Here's the alleged blown icing call:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz8FDBL4-mU

For the record, Campbell apologized for the missed offsides call, but nothing about the icing...

Edit: I just want to clarify that deep down what upsets me is that we blew a 3 goal lead. Refs or no refs, I'm never going to feel like one of our leads is safe for the entire post season. If you can't keep up a 3 goal lead on a team you hate because you can't get it up, when the hell can you win? I am mad and the internet needs to know it.

That video doesn't really show anything at all.

• Options
    It's all that's on YouTube. Compared to a dozen videos about the offsides and corresponding videos of analysts talking about it.

So, take that for what it's worth.