As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NHL Thread: Can Lidstrom Unretire? Please?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    CBC showed the linesman in the Philadelphia zone waive it off, but I remain unsure why and they weren't either. I'd assume he saw something, but not sure what.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    CBC showed the linesman in the Philadelphia zone waive it off, but I remain unsure why and they weren't either. I'd assume he saw something, but not sure what.

The flyer defenseman chose to hit dupuis while he was trying to play the puck, rather than making a play on the puck.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    So apparently Weber cracked Zetterberg's helmet. It's okay though. Weber was totally respecting the game and his opponent by slamming it into the boards with two hands in a blind rage. That's violent behaviour that, while still frowned upon by the league, is not really that big a deal.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    The stupidest thing about that non-suspension, is that now he will either ban someone for a much lesser offense at some point, or anything short of taking your skate off and stabbing someone with it is fine-only territory.

Makes me even more nuts about the Keith suspension, and I think he deserved that suspension. But to say that's 5 games, Doans elbow is 3, the Wing's elbow a week later is 1, and this is nothing is bonkers. Might as well just dust of the wheel o justice jpg.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    The stupidest thing about that non-suspension, is that now he will either ban someone for a much lesser offense at some point, or anything short of taking your skate off and stabbing someone with it is fine-only territory.

Makes me even more nuts about the Keith suspension, and I think he deserved that suspension. But to say that's 5 games, Doans elbow is 3, the Wing's elbow a week later is 1, and this is nothing is bonkers. Might as well just dust of the wheel o justice jpg.

It never got dusty.

It's been spinnin and spinnin all season long.

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »

It never got dusty.

Well I was using my ShanahBanHammer.gif, but clearly we won't be seeing any bans this post season.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options

It never got dusty.

It lasted about a month, then the GMs started bitching. I'm going to guess Brian Burke was leading the charge, because he's a moronic asshole.

• Options
    FinnanFinnan Registered User regular

It never got dusty.

Well I was using my ShanahBanHammer.gif, but clearly we won't be seeing any bans this post season.

He still has the Bitz supplementary discipline hearing later today. He can get as ban hammer crazy as he wants on a non-star player. (Not saying what Bitz did isn't deserving a review and a suspension, but it will probably be a good showing of how much star power matters in these decisions.)

• Options
    Finnan wrote: »

It never got dusty.

He still has the Bitz supplementary discipline hearing later today. He can get as ban hammer crazy as he wants on a non-star player. (Not saying what Bitz did isn't deserving a review and a suspension, but it will probably be a good showing of how much star power matters in these decisions.)

Prediction; a lot.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or are Halak's leg pads huge?

• Options
    Finnan wrote: »

It never got dusty.

Prediction; a lot.

2 games.

• Options
    Unsurprisingly, Don Cherry sees nothing wrong with Shea Weber.

• Options
    NODeNODe Registered User regular
    Unsurprisingly, Don Cherry sees nothing wrong with Shea Weber.

Did he think it showed "heart"? "Using one hand to slam your opponents head into the glass, well, that's not the way we play in north america. Two hand though? That just tells you how much he wants to win this series."

• Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    Blues are falling all over the place so far..

512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    AgentBryantAgentBryant CTRegistered User regular
    Why is the Blues/Sharks game so damn early? It was cool to see it on CNBC... but I won't be able to actually watch it as it synchs with the Bruins/Caps game.

• Options
    Seriously, if the WWE is actually complementing the in-game actions of a player towards an opponent, you might want to rethink your supplementary discipline strategy.

RAWWWWWW.jpg

• Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Man, the disciplinary policies in the NHL really are a complete clusterfuck. Worse than any other sport I'm aware of. Why don't the players do something to fix it?

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The GMs will start whining uncontrollably if anything gets done. As they did.

• Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    Havlat! Woo.

512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    ReiRei New YorkRegistered User regular
    Refs trying their hardest to tilt the ice in the Sens favor.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    You might find a bit more help in the NHL 12/13 thread in G&T, if there is one.

We don't really post anymore. The few of us that actually played all the time started our own message board. You can post in that thread. I am sure people will be able to help.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    The caps are kind of dominating this 3rd period, plus holtzby is making some very nice saves.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    You know, even I am getting tired of some of the Canuck's crap. Kesler's been kind of meh all year, he needs to suck it up and play hard and cut the bullshit.

Also, I don't understand why AV would have tried brand new lines in the first game of the playoffs. Experimentation time is over ffs.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    Fucking nbc, I miss Toews goal, so you can show the Boston Washington intermission show fuckers

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    That was a very weak glove hand right there

• Options
    And now I get to watch the Boston replay for five Fucking minutes and now interviews

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Blues were winning more than their fair share of the one-on-one battles in OT1, but the fatigue looked like it might be wearing on them more than the Sharks in the last five, the final two shots on goal aside.

OT2 could be really interesting. Unless it goes longer than 10-12 minutes, in which case these teams could start dragging ass.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Seriously, if the WWE is actually complementing the in-game actions of a player towards an opponent, you might want to rethink your supplementary discipline strategy.

RAWWWWWW.jpg

It's worth noting that Laurinaitis is supposed to be a heel (bad guy in wrestling terminology). In a backward way, he's actually calling Shea Weber a piece of shit.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Third OT of the night, coming up.

• Options
  • Options
    ReiRei New YorkRegistered User regular
    Playoff hockey, it gets no better.

The league seems to be getting a ton of bad play from this Weber ruling, which is good, because that was gutless of them in the first place.

• Options
    Did anyone take the over on the # of OTs prop bet? My god

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    I checked CBC Sports last night to catch the Pens/Flyers game, but CBC wasn't steaming the game :(

I just want to make sure that NHL Gamecenter actually streams the playoff games live, and not the 48-hours after BS. The FAQ is vague on the details, and before I shell out the cash, I want make sure it works.

Gamecenter streams games live and archives them for outside of North America only. Regular season has local blackouts, playoffs has continent wide blackout. Pretty sure it's easy to find on the website.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    As someone who has to work midnights.....I really fucking hate overtime.

And people at work who cry when you talk about the game because they're recording it.

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    So many good games last night. My coworker and later roommates couldn't figure out why I kept switching between them all trying to catch everything.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    As someone who has to work midnights.....I really fucking hate overtime.

And people at work who cry when you talk about the game because they're recording it.

I have a firm "no recording sports" rule. It just never ends well.

• Options
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Shanahan has contacted the pane of glass for a supplementary discipline meeting, but the glass is expected to play in game 2.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I hate losing cable just before the playoffs

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg