As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX 2012- Live Stream.

JiniHammererJiniHammerer Registered User
edited April 2012 in PAX Archive
I have to say the live stream was defiantly one of the coolest things ever. I paid for the HD just so I could show my support of the idea, and ended up watching it all three days. Thanks to all involved in that brilliant idea!

Jini

JiniHammerer on

• TheJackoNerdTheJackoNerd Registered User
    I don't know whether I should be ashamed or proud, but I literally stayed and watched pretty much every single panel. I just hope they stream PAX Prime too, because it'd definitely be worth it and the 1,000+ viewers who watched would definitely appreciate it!

sig.gif

Going to PAX East 2013/14 is my biggest goal right now. I plan to achieve it...
  • terminaltwelveterminaltwelve Registered User regular
    I would love to see the stream expand to cover more panels and more pax! keep up the great work PA

• TheJackoNerdTheJackoNerd Registered User
    edited April 2012
    I would love to see the stream expand to cover more panels and more pax! keep up the great work PA

I was going to mention this in my previous post, but realistically it'd be difficult. If they were to show, for example, five halls, that would require five Twitch.tv channels being managed, streamed, moderated, and kept up to date all at once. It really wouldn't be practical in the long run. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen though.

Also forgot to suggest that I'd love some interaction with chat viewers. Possibly comments and questions being read out and asked to panelists? Maybe competitions or swag giveaways exclusive to viewers? Something like that would be cool and would keep viewers engaged.

But otherwise, I thought the stream was excellent over the weekend. The stream very rarely went down or had errors, most of the panels were very entertaining, the chat was great, and the content was consistent during the days.

TheJackoNerd on
    sig.gif

Going to PAX East 2013/14 is my biggest goal right now. I plan to achieve it...
  • JiniHammererJiniHammerer Registered User
    Being able to pop a question in to the pannels might have been cool, but they would have to be very restrictive. i mean people pay a lot of money and travel great distances to get the face time. i think being able to ask via the net would be poorly recieved by those that pay to attend.

Having an online panel for those that pay for the access may be one way to give a similar recognition to those who with to participate remotely. But still may be difficult to impliment and manage that kind of thing.

No matter, being able to attend with out actually attending was cool.