As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to finish my dissertation by the weekend and I don't even have internet at hoe to play this :( /wrists

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Kafka87 wrote: »
    Just 1200 words to write by 8pm tomorrow.

Easy...

I feel your pain Kafka, I have a program to write that has to implement Dijkstra's algorithm for every node in a randomized ten node graph. All nighter tonight, woooo!

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Last night was good stuff in TS3! Fun talking with you chaps.

In addition, my fiance wobbled over to the computer and wondered who I was talking to.. So I muted TS3 and ended up forcing her to watch all videos from the GW2 website. She loves the asura. She also is intrigued about the ranger/elementalist. So who knows, she might just join us this weekend :)

charrbroiled on
    4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    So...what's the guild situation again?

• Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Easy...

I feel your pain Kafka, I have a program to write that has to implement Dijkstra's algorithm for every node in a randomized ten node graph. All nighter tonight, woooo!

I'll see you on TS3 then! Workers' mutual support room.
    Adda wrote: »
    I'm trying to finish my dissertation by the weekend and I don't even have internet at hoe to play this :( /wrists

No internet? Haven't they classified that as living in deprivation yet?

Kafka87 on
    steam_sig.png
    Archangle wrote: »
    I am sad.

I've been yelling at my ISP to connect my interwebs at my new apartment for the last 3 weeks. Got an email from them tonight "Your internet has been scheduled for installation... next Thursday."

Have fun guys!

Do you have a wireless adapater for your pc? Maybe you can piggy back on someone elses internet?

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular

The guilds are warring.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular

Easy...

It really should be, although my current place is a bit nuts and we had to build walls and stuff to make it livable (old converted Toy Factory.) At the moment it's some ridiculous ADSL routing issue where no internet providers seem to think my phone number exists despite it being connected for over a week now. :rotate:

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Architeuthis DuxArchiteuthis Dux Registered User regular

Easy...

It really should be, although my current place is a bit nuts and we had to build walls and stuff to make it livable (old converted Toy Factory.) At the moment it's some ridiculous ADSL routing issue where no internet providers seem to think my phone number exists despite it being connected for over a week now. :rotate:

I keep having a similar problem with services that require an address: none of them believes my apartment exists. Except I live in the ground floor of a converted row home, which is a WAY less cool reason to be having this issue than "my house is a converted toy factory".

Do we know if Structured PvP is prohibited from guesting like WvW is prohibited from guesting??

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    I believe Structured isn't tied to servers, so I don't think it's an issue.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I'm going to be rolling a Norn Guardian to start

who else will be Norn with me? (there is an idea in SE++ to make identical human Mesmers, which also sounds fun, but I'd rather play Norn this time around)

A bit late, but...

NORN SUPREMACY REPRESENT.

Do we know if Structured PvP is prohibited from guesting like WvW is prohibited from guesting??

Structured pvp? What are the different pvp modes?

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

Structured pvp? What are the different pvp modes?

Besides the WvW there is also a competitive arena mode that ArenaNet wants to turn into an eSport. The standard composition is 5v5 but it can vary. It's basically capture and hold.

Incoming WoW references:

Structured PvP = arena style matches. Rewards "Glory" for upgraded armor looks/etc.
    WvW = Alterac Valley style matches. Rewards "Influence" for Guild upgrades.

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    florada34 wrote: »
    Finally decided on Norn Necro as my char. rawr.

Oh man, I am gonna get "char" and "charr" confused so often. Kind of like progamer and programmer

mrsatansig.png
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    florada34 wrote: »
    Finally decided on Norn Necro as my char. rawr.

Oh man, I am gonna get "char" and "charr" confused so often. Kind of like progamer and programmer

This is why people should say "toon." Also, because it infuriates the crap out of some people. And I find glee in their anguish.

• AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Structured is like Sarksus said their eSport type PVP. You are actually level 80 with max equipment and skills. Like a true copy of your character at level 80 only used for that mode instead of the scaled version using your current gear that WuvWuv does.

More here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Also remember that in Structured PvP your armor and weapons are PURELY cosmetic.
    Everyone has the same stuff. You will NEVER have better equipment than your enemy.
    It's all about actually getting better (increasing your own player skill) and to earn new armor/weapons that LOOK better.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    So taking a glance at the necromancer skill calculator, will a support setup centered around debuffs/cleansing be an effective role to fill?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Ah very cool, thanks for the info. Just got my morning wood.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

We'll have one. There may be more than one. They will all be fun to be in.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • RednazRednaz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Easy...

Oh sweet, I'm not the only one implementing that algorithm. Luckily I still have a few weeks before I really need to turn in my project. What class is it for?

My original plan was to pull an all weekend for BWE, but the closer I get to it, the more I realize it won't be possible with school coming so close to an end. I will postpone this plan for the next BWE, but I shall still see you guys this weekend.

Rednaz on
    Steam: The_Zeta
    LOL NA: Rednaz
    Currently Playing: Dark Forces
    After playing around with the skill calculator for a few minutes i have a new question, you can have 1 main weapon and a secondary weapon and get skills for both?

• Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    I'm surprising my girlfriend with a fancy date next Friday to make up for the serious neglect that will be going on this weekend. Hopefully this will also soften the blow when the May BWE rolls around and I have to say "Remember that one time when I ignored you all weekend...itttttssss baaaaaack"

PSN: Scotty85
    Yeah I am going to be playing a lot of arena PvP.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yes, you only can use one weapon set at a time, but you can freely switch between them.

Engineer and elementalist can only use one weapon set but they have packs and attunements that let them switch their first 5 skills.

Draygo on
  • Architeuthis DuxArchiteuthis Dux Registered User regular
    At level seven and above, you have two weaponsets at a time. Either of these may be one two-handed weapon such as a longbow or greatsword, or two one-handed weapons such as a mace or focus. You can swap between these on a cooldown. One or the other is not necessarily your "main", though it may work out that way for some builds; different weapons are useful in different situations, and if you primarily find yourself in situations in which your longbow is useful, that may wind up being the weapon you use most.

Elementalists and engineers only have one weaponset, and instead swap elements or kits, respectively.

• RednazRednaz Registered User regular
    After playing around with the skill calculator for a few minutes i have a new question, you can have 1 main weapon and a secondary weapon and get skills for both?

Not at the same time. Every class, except for engineer and elementalist, can have two weapon sets "equipped". The current weapon set, which could either be a two-handed weapon or a main hand + off hand, determines the first 5 skills on your skill bar. When you switch weapons, you switch those first 5 skills for the new set. Elementalists have 4 attunements, which is basically 4 separate skill sets. Engineers can use a weapon kit for their second weapon, which is unique to their class.

Steam: The_Zeta
    LOL NA: Rednaz
    Currently Playing: Dark Forces
    If you mean weapon sets, then it's as Draygo said. Your skill bar changes when you switch sets.

If you mean dual wielding two one handed weapons then your first three skills are determined by your main weapon and the next two skills are determined by your offhand weapon. I think the third skill is also usually a combo of the two weapons but I can't remember. Changing combinations of weapons will change what skills you have.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Rednaz wrote: »

Easy...

Oh sweet, I'm not the only one implementing that algorithm. Luckily I still have a few weeks before I really need to turn in my project. What class is it for?

My original plan was to pull an all weekend for BWE, but the closer I get to it, the more I realize it won't be possible with school coming so close to an end. I will postpone this plan for the next BWE, but I shall still see you guys this weekend.

It's for my college's Computer Science III class, basically the continuation of 1 and 2 but focuses on the data structures that are an absolute bitch to wrap your head around. Graphs, trees, maps, hash tables, the works.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • SproketsSprokets Registered User regular
    Hey happy people, I just joined you because of the good and lovely words said about you, hope to get along with you all and run naked in WvW! ;p

Regards!

Depends on class. Engineer and elementalist do not have a weapon switch as they have their own unique mechanics for switching skills on the weapon bar.

But yes, each weapon has it's own skill bar with 5 unique skills to each. You can only use the skills of the current weapon and there is a 10 second cool down on the weapon switch.

Interesting, A Warrior with a Hammer and a Longbow looked pretty cool, especially with the ability to leap around with said hammer :D. Now i must choose between warrior and guardian grrrrr.

Btw the black skins on Teamspeak look awesome!

edited April 2012
    Interesting, A Warrior with a Hammer and a Longbow looked pretty cool, especially with the ability to leap around with said hammer :D. Now i must choose between warrior and guardian grrrrr.

I would try that but I'm not allowed to wield hammers anymore. Trust me. . . me and hammers end poorly.

I love the look of the warrior there are builds there that absolutely remind me of my captain in Lotro and I think I might be swaying away from the guardian back towards warrior as an alt. I hope for BWE to help remove some of my uncertainty.

Seidkona on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Seems like we are finally leaning towards 1 main guild?

Good.

The thing I think some people are/were overlooking is the guild progress. Like.. if we have split guils for PvP And PvE (bad idea! so bad!) What if one has better bonuses but you want to talk the the people in the other? It just creates a really bad/awkward situation to work around. People can flake off into their own seperate chat guilds if they deem it neccesary but there should still be one main guild for EVERYTHING else. Including chatting for those of us that want to be around as many different people as possible.

edited April 2012
    Entaru wrote: »

I would try that but I'm not allowed to wield hammers anymore. Trust me. . . me and hammers end poorly.

I love the look of the warrior there are builds there that absolutely remind me of my captain in Lotro and I think I might be swaying away from the guardian back towards warrior as an alt. I hope for BWE to help remove some of my uncertainty.

Thats what i thought of when i was going through skill calc, Warriors getting banners for buffs sold me as well. I wanted to play a bit of a tank/support character but was sad to see guardian is lacking a LEAP IN AND CRUSH EVERYTHING skill. Warrior it is for this BWE.

DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Seems like we are finally leaning towards 1 main guild?

Good.

The thing I think some people are/were overlooking is the guild progress. Like.. if we have split guils for PvP And PvE (bad idea! so bad!) What if one has better bonuses but you want to talk the the people in the other? It just creates a really bad/awkward situation to work around. People can flake off into their own seperate chat guilds if they deem it neccesary but there should still be one main guild for EVERYTHING else. Including chatting for those of us that want to be around as many different people as possible.

Could always make separate chat channels like in other MMOS - SE++, G&T, PvP, PvE etc. etc. and have people join them to broadcast through there if guild chat became flooded.

Triiipledot on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Yeah, have we decided on which guild name will be used for UBER PENNY ARCADE GUILD_01?

We have a name already SE++, just sayin...

• InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Making a Gaurdian so I can sonic boom people while having magical weapons as allies.

Entaru wrote: »

Thats what i thought of when i was going through skill calc, Warriors getting banners for buffs sold me as well. I wanted to play a bit of a tank/support character but was sad to see guardian is lacking a LEAP IN AND CRUSH EVERYTHING skill. Warrior it is for this BWE.

The guardian does have multiple closer skills. Sword has one teleport, greatsword has a leap and a pull, and there are two or three teleports in the utility section.

This discussion has been closed.