As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Interesting, A Warrior with a Hammer and a Longbow looked pretty cool, especially with the ability to leap around with said hammer :D. Now i must choose between warrior and guardian grrrrr.

Btw the black skins on Teamspeak look awesome!

I would try that but I'm not allowed to wield hammers anymore. Trust me. . . me and hammers end poorly.

I love the look of the warrior there are builds there that absolutely remind me of my captain in Lotro and I think I might be swaying away from the guardian back towards warrior as an alt. I hope for BWE to help remove some of my uncertainty.

Thats what i thought of when i was going through skill calc, Warriors getting banners for buffs sold me as well. I wanted to play a bit of a tank/support character but was sad to see guardian is lacking a LEAP IN AND CRUSH EVERYTHING skill. Warrior it is for this BWE.

DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Seems like we are finally leaning towards 1 main guild?

Good.

The thing I think some people are/were overlooking is the guild progress. Like.. if we have split guils for PvP And PvE (bad idea! so bad!) What if one has better bonuses but you want to talk the the people in the other? It just creates a really bad/awkward situation to work around. People can flake off into their own seperate chat guilds if they deem it neccesary but there should still be one main guild for EVERYTHING else. Including chatting for those of us that want to be around as many different people as possible.

Could always make separate chat channels like in other MMOS - SE++, G&T, PvP, PvE etc. etc. and have people join them to broadcast through there if guild chat became flooded.

That's why I'm sayign i don't see the need at all... but others have not agreed.

As for what the main guild will be....

I think it's obvious....

We will rule Tyria with our mighty WANG.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Yeah, have we decided on which guild name will be used for UBER PENNY ARCADE GUILD_01?

We have a name already SE++, just sayin...

It's in the OP.

What a Nice Guild.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, have we decided on which guild name will be used for UBER PENNY ARCADE GUILD_01?

And we have a name in G&T: What A Nice Guild [WANG]

am0n on
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Interesting, A Warrior with a Hammer and a Longbow looked pretty cool, especially with the ability to leap around with said hammer :D. Now i must choose between warrior and guardian grrrrr.

Btw the black skins on Teamspeak look awesome!

I would try that but I'm not allowed to wield hammers anymore. Trust me. . . me and hammers end poorly.

I love the look of the warrior there are builds there that absolutely remind me of my captain in Lotro and I think I might be swaying away from the guardian back towards warrior as an alt. I hope for BWE to help remove some of my uncertainty.

Thats what i thought of when i was going through skill calc, Warriors getting banners for buffs sold me as well. I wanted to play a bit of a tank/support character but was sad to see guardian is lacking a LEAP IN AND CRUSH EVERYTHING skill. Warrior it is for this BWE.

The guardian does have multiple closer skills. Sword has one teleport, greatsword has a leap and a pull, and there are two or three teleports in the utility section.

Teleport does not equal, LEAP AND CRUSH EVERYTHING :D.

It's in the OP.

What a Nice Guild.

One guild, two names?

Triiipledot on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    am0n wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what Rysk was saying lol...

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what Rysk was saying lol...

Oooh.... good call. I put the emphasis in the wrong spot! Or my reading comprehension is lacking this morning (I blame reading data sheets on regulators).

• Options
    Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    Just think guys. This time tomorrow....

we'll all be talking about how the BWE starts in 4 hours.

PSN: Scotty85
  • Options
    I think we should be going with [PA] or [PAF] tags. [WANG] will get the name banned. It's not a matter of what we think is sensible it's a matter of the first person who complains and people will because they always do. The person at A.NET who sees that will have to change it because for them it's about community.

It's not offensive but it sits on the line of what some people will accept.

• Options
    I think we should be going with [PA] or [PAF] tags. [WANG] will get the name banned. It's not a matter of what we think is sensible it's a matter of the first person who complains and people will because they always do. The person at A.NET who sees that will have to change it because for them it's about community.

I'm pretty sure this has been the plan all along. Guild name is still What A Nice Guild... so thus we will still be known as WANG.

• Options

I'm pretty sure this has been the plan all along. Guild name is still What A Nice Guild... so thus we will still be known as WANG.

Exactly. I was pretty sure everyone was still on the same page with that one.

Just restating it.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    yeah I'm not hip to the G&T way of doing things (which is super impressive; your TS3 client is boss as hell)

but I wanna say that a guild tag of [WANG] probably won't fly, at least not for very long

and yeah SE++ were tossing names around, but like I say, it's all in good fun, it's just a beta after all!

also I cannot wait for the NDA to be lifted tomorrow, there is SO MUCH that certain people <.< have been dying to post about but can't and oh godddddddddddd

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options

Exactly. I was pretty sure everyone was still on the same page with that one.

Just restating it.

Gotcha, so no is disappointed and confused in game.

THIS GUILD IS WANGY ENOUGH!

• Options
    charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    also I cannot wait for the NDA to be lifted tomorrow, there is SO MUCH that certain people <.< have been dying to post about but can't and oh godddddddddddd

This is pertinent information.

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be real disappointed if we dont go with WANG. If anet ends up having a beef then we can change but it would be a shame to change now.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular

This is pertinent information.
    I'd be careful with that. While there is no NDA for this BWE there may still be NDAs in effect for previous events. I know this has been the case with other companies games in the past. aNet has previously stated they take the NDAs very seriously and will ban accounts that break them. Not saying this is or isn't the case for GW2 and it's past events, but anyone that might have agreed to one for GW2 may want to tread lightly and reread what they signed.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I was told the NDA is in effect until the start of the beta. To be fair this was in a passing post, so it could have lacked key details or context. I shall ask for clarification.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Avynte wrote: »
    I'm gonna be real disappointed if we dont go with WANG. If anet ends up having a beef then we can change but it would be a shame to change now.

We just won't be using it as a guild tag. Why bait them to have to change it when it's pretty much guaranteed they'll have to?

We'll still be What A Nice Guild. That's wang. It's right there. We don't have to spell it out for everyone.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I just rechecked the SE++ thread where someone asked if the lifted NDA applies to all previous betas.

The answer from Kate, aka our resident ANet plant, was yes, but that it is not lifted until Friday.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    I just rechecked the SE++ thread where someone asked if the lifted NDA applies to all previous betas.

The answer from Kate, aka our resident ANet plant, was that yes, but that it is not lifted until Friday.

Tomorrow will be a good day.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular

The answer from Kate, aka our resident ANet plant, was yes, but that it is not lifted until Friday.
    Excellent thanks @Vivixenne.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Avynte wrote: »

We just won't be using it as a guild tag. Why bait them to have to change it when it's pretty much guaranteed they'll have to?

We'll still be What A Nice Guild. That's wang. It's right there. We don't have to spell it out for everyone.

Quite frankly, spelling it out defeats the purpose. Just like any other joke. If you have to explain it.. it ruins the fun.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    When did the word wang become offensive? Damn kids with their hipping and their hopping using good wholesome words as slang. Just like cigarettes.

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I don't see why we need to get excited over the NDA ending.
    All it's going to change is that instead of people going "I BET THE GAME IS AWESOME" they will write "YES THE GAME IS ACTUALLY AWESOME!"

Well, duh.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Just call it [NICE]

• Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Just loaded up the client to listen to some of the music and it patched around 40mb - just fyi.

Once I get home from work tomorrow I will be eating and waiting for 8 o'clock to come around so i can play all evening.. I am secretly hopeful that the servers will be turned on earlier than that!

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    Huggles wrote: »
    Just call it [NICE]

I like [NICE]. Good call.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Just like GW1, you can run "gw2.exe -image" and it'll silently do a download in the background.

• Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Just like GW1, you can run "gw2.exe -image" and it'll silently do a download in the background.

This sounds smutty to me but I don't know why.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular

Ah, I see the semantic difference here. I don't see why it wouldn't be lifted for folks who were in previous betas, but I'll check on it.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

Ah, I see the semantic difference here. I don't see why it wouldn't be lifted for folks who were in previous betas, but I'll check on it.

This will be much appreciated! I have seen both said, even from the mouth of ANet, so a confirmed answer to sort the confusion would be nice.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    yeah I'm not hip to the G&T way of doing things (which is super impressive; your TS3 client is boss as hell)

but I wanna say that a guild tag of [WANG] probably won't fly, at least not for very long

and yeah SE++ were tossing names around, but like I say, it's all in good fun, it's just a beta after all!

According to an unnamed official source, all of the events of prior beta weekends are still under NDA and will continue to be under NDA forever. It is only for events moving forward that there is no NDA. So anyone who may or may not have been in the prior beta weekend events can't speak about those events in a direct manner. For example, it would be a violation of the NDA for me to say "I played a norn guardian up to level 23 and a human warrior up to level 14, and these are my experiences in WvW...". But it would be perfectly acceptable (and in compliance with the NDA) for someone to relate general impressions of specific gameplay elements that have been seen in multiple media outlets already. (Not that it will matter in a couple days anyway.)

Assuming, of course, that the NDA would apply to anyone in this forum.

EDIT: For the timezone impaired, there is a handy countdown clock at http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/flash/Main-EN.swf

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I'll update the OP accordingly with the answer so everyone knows. I see no reason why it would be an issue.

Speaking of which, I did update the OP in a few tiny places for no particular reason. Mostly just making sure to accentuate the fact that the TS3 server is now basically THE PA Voice client solution we will be using going forward, and that Entaru's vent server is now backup.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Having not played this game at all, I take it as a good sign that those of you who have been in previous beta phases are still looking forward to the upcoming beta weekend.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Having not played this game at all, I take it as a good sign that those of you who have been in previous beta phases are still looking forward to the upcoming beta weekend.

Arthil can't get back in there fast enough, if last night in TS is any indication.

488W936.png
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    I know the time the beta goes up was already posted but its drowned in posts now and I'm surfing on my phone, when can EST people play?

• Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Just wanted to point out that anything that is public knowledge isn't covered by the NDA. So if you can find it, you can post about it. Also, anything we see in the upcoming BWE will be public knowledge because there is no NDA.

If they don't publicly state that past NDAs are lifted then the only thing under NDA are items that are no longer in the game or personal experiences that can't happen anymore in the BWE unless there is public knowledge about them released by ANY source (including leaks). Once a leak is leaked, it is public knowledge and only the leaker can be punished; the information would no longer be covered by NDA.

This is from a law textbook that I am currently studying. ;)

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    I know the time the beta goes up was already posted but its drowned in posts now and I'm surfing on my phone, when can EST people play?

3pm

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    So basically, you can't say "boy it was awesome when that giant golem at then end of the closed beta killed us, wasn't it?" but that's about it.

• Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Xagar wrote: »
    So basically, you can't say "boy it was awesome when that giant golem at then end of the closed beta killed us, wasn't it?" but that's about it.
    Unless you can repeat the process or find any released source. Though you couldn't state that it was in closed beta without a NDA lift.

Also, any ArenaNet staff member that says past NDAs are lifted, can be used as a source that everything is lifted unless ArenaNet states that staff members don't have that power. The statement of power must be posted before the statement though. So if you work for ArenaNet, don't post a confirmation without the legal departments say so because it will release everyone from the NDA.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The reason people are saying that the NDA does not lift at all is this:
    NDA for this event applies even after the game launches. ^RB

So while the NDA will "lift" this weekend, it does not lift retroactively for previous events. At least according to the twitter.

Once we have access to the BWE most stuff will be open knowledge as Buraisu said, so this is a pretty minor issue. Just don't talk about what you did during the closed beta to be on the safe side, unless WaM has updated information for us..

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
This discussion has been closed.