As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Am I sending mixed signals...?

DrezDrez Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
edit: On second thought, maybe I shouldn't post this right now. I'll wait a month and see what happens.

Sorry and thanks.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
Drez on

• Aoi TsukiAoi Tsuki Registered User regular
    Based on what you've said, if I were in her place, I'd think you were, if not already interested in me, a pretty viable candidate for a relationship.

If you get a chance in conversation to mention that you really aren't looking for a relationship right now, that'll be much less awkward than "[Name], you're awesome and attractive and I love hanging out with you, but I don't want to date you." You don't need to bust it out as soon as she does another casual touch, but you do need to get it across soon. That way, she'll be disappointed, but there will not be any job-wrecking drama.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Aoi Tsuki wrote: »
    Based on what you've said, if I were in her place, I'd think you were, if not already interested in me, a pretty viable candidate for a relationship.

If you get a chance in conversation to mention that you really aren't looking for a relationship right now, that'll be much less awkward than "[Name], you're awesome and attractive and I love hanging out with you, but I don't want to date you." You don't need to bust it out as soon as she does another casual touch, but you do need to get it across soon. That way, she'll be disappointed, but there will not be any job-wrecking drama.

Okay, thanks. Sorry for deleting the post while you were reading it and thank you for the info - I think maybe you're right.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • RaekreuRaekreu Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Seeing 'Am I sending mixed signals' as a thread title and then finding that the first post had been basically edited to 'NM, don't worry about it' made me smile.

Raekreu on
  • Aoi TsukiAoi Tsuki Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Okay, thanks. Sorry for deleting the post while you were reading it and thank you for the info - I think maybe you're right.

No problem. Your goal here is not to drive her away, just to make sure she understands you don't want to date anyone (again, might not be true if you meet the right person; given the circumstances, though, it's far kinder to fib a little).

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Raekreu wrote: »
    Seeing 'Am I sending mixed signals' as a thread title and then finding that the first post had been basically edited to 'NM, don't worry about it' made me smile.

I didn't think about this until you pointed it out, but got a chuckle out of it once you did. Well spotted.