As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] pooped on the floor again

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Revive * get into cover * do nothing

All possible reactions to pressing the A button.

Not entirely true

if your are pressing the A button in order to revive to avoid a wipe

then reviving is not a possible reaction to pressing the A button

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    The best sniper rifle is the Graal

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    The best sniper rifle is the Graal

Amen.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i love the graal as a batarian soldier

blade armor
    ballistic blades
    graal spike thrower
    drop the mic and put a bayonet on that bitch

• Options
    silver full extraction, with a banshee and two brutes inside the extraction zone

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Goddamn fuckin' Banshees.

sig.gif
  • Options
    This is a fun game. But it does not have polished and perfected gameplay. Far from it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Goddamn fuckin' Banshees.

had a nice moment

threw a sticky grenade at a banshee

it lifted me up and was about to rummage around in my ribcage and it goes off and I escape.

Less nice was how the katana is the weakest shotgun I have ever used in any game!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    dog

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    dog

cat

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    It's called Europa because that is where we intend to send all of Europe once we build a big enough rocket.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @Bogart - just got out of the place, sorry for the late reply. Event was Kurtz/Wheaton/Straub acting as MCs for an evening of video game music performed by the Melbourne Symphony Orchesta and affiliated choir.

It was pretty good! Like I said, I didn't find their skills as MCs to be that great, but I listened to some excellent orchestral arrangements, and that is what I was there for.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The Persona 4 series is kind of boring :(

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Need an exciting, colorful alternative Japanese RPG?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-mugen-souls/729021

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »
    @Bogart - just got out of the place, sorry for the late reply. Event was Kurtz/Wheaton/Straub acting as MCs for an evening of video game music performed by the Melbourne Symphony Orchesta and affiliated choir.

I am trying to think of especially memorable video game music. Barring ME3 and ME2 I can't call much that's genuinely good and not just seared into my brain by virtue of constant replay. I can instantly recall some stuff, like the FFVII battle music, or the Secret of Mana battle music, or some Zelda trumpets, or the old Mario tune. I dunno if it's forgettable or if I don't remember because the music is way down on the list of things my attention is concentrated on while I'm playing.

I did notice that the music to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was really nice last night. Much better than the awful, awful script, anyway.

What did they play?

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    dang, another night of less than optimal sleep. why my brain gotta be so sensitive.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Huh. So I thought I had a meeting with my supervisor tomorrow vis-a-vis thesis, but apparently he left city on Monday and is gone till the 23rd.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Need an exciting, colorful alternative Japanese RPG?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-mugen-souls/729021

That is very colourful, but I want something to watch, not play. And I don't have a PS3

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    You haven't lived until you've seen a gaggle of Phantoms spawn on wave 10. (Which happens on gold)

Just 5 phantoms doing the crouch-run in synchronisation.

And then you fire your Missile.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

I am trying to think of especially memorable video game music. Barring ME3 and ME2 I can't call much that's genuinely good and not just seared into my brain by virtue of constant replay. I can instantly recall some stuff, like the FFVII battle music, or the Secret of Mana battle music, or some Zelda trumpets, or the old Mario tune. I dunno if it's forgettable or if I don't remember because the music is way down on the list of things my attention is concentrated on while I'm playing.

I did notice that the music to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was really nice last night. Much better than the awful, awful script, anyway.

What did they play?

There was, from recollection, several pieces from the Soul Calibur series (they had the composer there), a few Final Fantasy things, a medley of Blizzard tunes (along with the composer for the Diablo 3 music), along with pieces from Shadow of the Colossus, Skyrim, Metal Gear Solid, and some other things that I can't remember the names of, since I'd never played them. Secret of Mana, maybe? They made a big deal about how they had to compose an orchestral thing based on SNES music.

In any case, it was all pretty enjoyable. The ones I did know were nice to hear in a way that wasn't, you know, blaring from my television.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Are you sure it wasn't just Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears and Beginning? They've been in almost every Castlevania game since their respective debuts.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    ME2 and ME3? The best Mass Effect music came up as soon as you started the first game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7bE3hUwylQ

It was prominently re-used in 2 and 3 because it is SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

• Options
    I don't think I've actually noticed the music in a game since FFVIII.

People raved about the Nier soundtrack for example, but all I remember is a few particularly annoying tracks, the rest just washed over me.

• Options
    Other good vidya musicings (not exclusive) include:

-Halo: Main Theme
    -Sonic 1: Scrap Brain
    -Sonic 1: Green Hill
    -Sonic 2: Chemical Plant
    -Sonic 2: Mystic Cave (One and two player versions)
    -Sonic 3: Ice Cave
    -Sonic 3: Final Boss Theme
    -Sonic & Knuckles: Flying Battery
    -Sonic & Knuckles: Death Egg
    -Megaman 2: Metal Man
    -Megaman 2: Boss Theme
    -Megaman 2: Doctor Wily Stage 1
    -Megaman 3: Main Title
    -Megaman 3: Snake Man
    -Megaman 3: Boss Theme
    -Megaman 3: Protoman Theme
    -System Shock 2: Med/Sci
    -System Shock 2: Engineering
    -Monkey Island: Main Theme

• Options
    I don't think I've actually noticed the music in a game since FFVIII.

People raved about the Nier soundtrack for example, but all I remember is a few particularly annoying tracks, the rest just washed over me.

The downside of having access to a complete orchestra is a reduced focus on memorable melodies, so music is less memorable.

That said, sometimes the best music is all about the atmosphere and not as memorable. I gave a nod to those System Shock tracks for being quite memorable, but other tracks like the Command Deck, while not as memorable, help enhance the atmosphere.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    donkey kong country has awesome music

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Right, they started with Halo, but I only arrived halfway through that due to my tram hitting a car on the way

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Bastion has an incredible soundtrack.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Also, this music

this music was really cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySu3bRudAjc&feature=related

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

Are you sure it wasn't just Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears and Beginning? They've been in almost every Castlevania game since their respective debuts.

No idea. It was all fully orchestrated stuff.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Ha!

The JSRF "makes me feel so good" is sampled in

... shit, I forget which one, but one C-Mon and Kypski song I like.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Bastion has an incredible soundtrack.

How it fits into the game is the best thing about it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    You know a soundtrack I really liked that I'm sure was probably used before this but really stood out to me? The music from the Dune and Children of Dune mini-series. Really good music.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Someone mentioned Nier... God, that music... It's seared in my brain, it's so good that i can recall several songs from the soundtrack just like that.

• Options

No idea. It was all fully orchestrated stuff.

Here's their original incarnations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AZ5XZHIDh0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjazC45Qkww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78706bv98S8

• Options
    Looking at the Post-Santorum landscape, it seems the first landmark we come across is that you aren't allowed to rebut a claim a candidate makes if it involves their family, because the family should be off limits.

This discussion has been closed.