As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Diablo walks the Earth in 5 days. Single digits omg

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    this game's cow level should be essentially Candyland, full of rainbows and unicorns and stupid cute ponies and fairies and everything.

Then you bust in and murder everything horrifically.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    this game's cow level should be essentially Candyland, full of rainbows and unicorns and stupid cute ponies and fairies and everything.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were really the case.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    that would be beautiful

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Actually the Blizzcast interview unlocked on the reveal site made hints at the new Cow level having to do with the slain former Cow King being restless in death. So perhaps we'll get zombie cows!

Scosglen on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    captaink wrote: »

I enjoy that shirt.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

I enjoy that shirt.

So... if you kept your RMAH credits on your account, could you use the credits to buy that shirt?

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Looks like aside from the RMAH this is all you can spend b.net bucks on currently.
    World of Warcraft Character Services

Appearance Change
    Faction Change
    Name Change
    Race Change
    Realm Transfer

World of Warcraft Guild Services

Guild Faction Change
    Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer
    Guild Faction Change + Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer + Guild Faction Change + Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer + Guild Name Change

World of Warcraft Digital Upgrades

WoW: Battle Chest to Wrath of the Lich King
    WoW: Battle Chest to Cataclysm
    Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm

Other Digital Blizzard Games

Diablo II
    Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
    StarCraft II
    StarCraft Anthology
    Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Scosglen on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    What, no blizzardstore mounts/pets?

• Options
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Looks like aside from the RMAH this is all you can spend b.net bucks on currently.
    World of Warcraft Character Services

Appearance Change
    Faction Change
    Name Change
    Race Change
    Realm Transfer

World of Warcraft Guild Services

Guild Faction Change
    Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer
    Guild Faction Change + Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer + Guild Faction Change + Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer + Guild Name Change

World of Warcraft Digital Upgrades

WoW: Battle Chest to Wrath of the Lich King
    WoW: Battle Chest to Cataclysm
    Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm

Other Digital Blizzard Games

Diablo II
    Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
    StarCraft II
    StarCraft Anthology
    Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Lando said it best.

"this deal keeps getting worse all the time!"

• Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    Skab wrote: »
    So I've been playing through Diablo 1 the last few days. Such a different feel than 2 had. It's like Alien and Aliens.
    Aumni wrote: »
    Second commercial. EW exclusive so you gotta go through them:

EDIT: See No Great Name's link below

Inarious and Tyrael going at it? Me likes.

Posted two pages back :P

I like this analogy a LOT.
    TheStig wrote: »
    If the writing from SCII is any indication diablo will burst from deckard cain's body and shout "stay a while, and die!"

That's many levels above SCII's writing. I'd make them hire you to finish out the expansions if I could.

I'm, like, a Tower Sentry-level of influence though. Not even a tower nearby.

Diablo and his minions were just being controlled by an evil force contained in the stones. Once you destroy them it turns out he and all the demons, zombies and fell beasts are pretty cool dudes.

Well played.
    KalTorak wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if this were really the case.

I'd be disappointed if it wasnt.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Sup Val

• Options
    BhaalenBhaalen Registered User regular
    HUGE SPOILER! BEWARE!
    Diablo is confirmed last boss. Also, the Butcher makes a return! This info was datamined from the pre release download.

Be careful. Your productivity will drop if you click this link.
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I can't think of a better way for all of us here to cooperate in the beginning than somehow combining crafting efforts. There is going to be a major gold crunch until lvl 60 probably, and the majority of the costs will be upfront costs for leveling the artisans.

For example, there is a sweet lvl 27 Master Great Axe. Cost for one roll: 1354g and some mats; cost to level your blacksmith to be able to craft it: 65,000g. And it only spirals out from there.

An easy and reasonably fair method would be if the really eager crafters identified themselves and agreed to craft for the non-crafters. The non-crafters would bring the required gold and materials for their desired item, plus extra gold for the services that the crafters would then reinvest into leveling the blacksmith.

Sensational on
  • Options
    BhaalenBhaalen Registered User regular
    I can't think of a better way for all of us here to cooperate in the beginning than somehow combining crafting efforts. There is going to be a major gold crunch until lvl 60 probably, and the majority of the costs will be upfront costs for leveling the artisans.

For example, there is a sweet lvl 27 Master Great Axe. Cost for one roll: 1354g and some mats; cost to level your blacksmith to be able to craft it: 65,000g. And it only spirals out from there.

The easiest and reasonably fair method would be if the really eager crafters identified themselves and agreed to craft for the non-crafters. The non-crafters would bring the required gold and materials for their desired item, plus extra gold for the services that the crafters would then reinvest into leveling the blacksmith.

If you don't get any bites here, you should check out D3 sanctuary. theres alot of D3 clans forming there looking for just that. Also some of the streaming D3 teams on twitch.tv.

Be careful. Your productivity will drop if you click this link.
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Arkady wrote: »
    Guys what if, in the ultimate Blizzard plot twist, Diablo is the good guy in D3?!

This would make so little sense. Now if it turns out that heaven is just as full of assholes as hell is...

Well the angels wanted to wipe out Sanctuary as well. You can thank Tyrael for them not doing it.

I'm still convinced that shattering the Worldstone made Tyrael batshit loco. At least that's what I'm hoping happened. Everything is his fault, really.

Nope, he made the best of a bad situation. The Worldstone being corrupted would have been an automatic win for the demonic forces. Sanctuary would have become a permanent outpost of hell. Tyrael not only blocked that, he also removed the Worldstone as mankind's power limiter.

In other words, while demonic forces have easier access to Sanctuary, Tyrael just gave the human race a MASSIVE advantage. As in, in theory they can fight equally with angels and demons like the Nephelim used to be able to.

I think it's sort of laughable people keep expecting Tyrael to be evil. I mean, can't we just have one good angel? Really? Is that SO terrible?

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    Bhaalen wrote: »
    HUGE SPOILER! BEWARE!
    Diablo is confirmed last boss. Also, the Butcher makes a return! This info was datamined from the pre release download.

Was datamined from the beta stuff long ago actually. But yes people these are real, legit spoilers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bhaalen wrote: »
    HUGE SPOILER! BEWARE!

Super awesome!

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    If that's true, BIG SPOILERS
    Are Mephisto and Baal back too? Or are they dead dead?

I mean, Diablo gets a free ressurection card cause his name is the title. But what about the other Prime/Lesser evils?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Does anyone have a link to the Diablo 3 download handy? Need to go ahead and preload while bliz has the "It's not credited on my account" shenanigans going.

edit: nvm, found the file.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Guys what if, in the ultimate Blizzard plot twist, Diablo is the good guy in D3?!

This would make so little sense. Now if it turns out that heaven is just as full of assholes as hell is...

Well the angels wanted to wipe out Sanctuary as well. You can thank Tyrael for them not doing it.

I'm still convinced that shattering the Worldstone made Tyrael batshit loco. At least that's what I'm hoping happened. Everything is his fault, really.

Nope, he made the best of a bad situation. The Worldstone being corrupted would have been an automatic win for the demonic forces. Sanctuary would have become a permanent outpost of hell. Tyrael not only blocked that, he also removed the Worldstone as mankind's power limiter.

In other words, while demonic forces have easier access to Sanctuary, Tyrael just gave the human race a MASSIVE advantage. As in, in theory they can fight equally with angels and demons like the Nephelim used to be able to.

I think it's sort of laughable people keep expecting Tyrael to be evil. I mean, can't we just have one good angel? Really? Is that SO terrible?

THAT would be the biggest plot twist. Tyreal isn't (totally) unique. Heaven is largely pretty cool and been busy assaulting Hell/whatever this whole time and when things start going to shit and all the Demons start pouring out of the ground, who follows them out but some pissed off Angels and things get really crazy.

But yeah, I'll settle for Tyrael being on the level.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I wouldn't mind Tyreal being the last angel who hasn't gone nuts. He's always been such a bro for humanity.

I mean sure Hell might be the dad who beats his kids

But Heaven is the mom who left the baby in a dumpster.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    It's Tyrael. /pedant

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

Yes.

Basically, if it's not human and in Diablo, I want to kill it. (and then take its stuff.)

Edit: although I am curious about the worldstone as a limit on power stuff. I don't recall reading anything about that, and would love to hear more.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    well I got the wizard sigil at least.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Supposively the rest will re-unlock next week. If not I will be pretty pissed I missed them, I never heard about this until this thread yesterday.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Not like it really matters. Just something for a banner you'll never look at yourself and everyone else will barely. Unless you're a banner whore. Then we need to break you of this addiction.

• Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind Tyreal being the last angel who hasn't gone nuts. He's always been such a bro for humanity.

plus it would be nice if at least ONE of blizzard's series didn't have a hero figure getting corrupted/turning evil

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    PoolCue wrote: »

plus it would be nice if at least ONE of blizzard's series didn't have a hero figure getting corrupted/turning evil

Well the Rogue... nope... the Wizard... nope... Arthas... nope... Ah.... Kerrigan..? Bah you're right.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular

An easy and reasonably fair method would be if the really eager crafters identified themselves and agreed to craft for the non-crafters. The non-crafters would bring the required gold and materials for their desired item, plus extra gold for the services that the crafters would then reinvest into leveling the blacksmith.

I will absolutely be leveling my crafters all the way, and I'd be happy to help.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »

I will absolutely be leveling my crafters all the way, and I'd be happy to help.

Here here. I want those Exaulted Grand Items. They didn't mention being able to make custom games just for trading right? We'll have to do with a "Trade" chat room?

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Funneling resources to a dedicated crafter is a really good idea, by the way. I'm going to level up my crafting anyway, to be honest, and I don't mind helping everyone out. I see a lot of different numbers referring to the amount of gold (along with a certain number of things like "Tomes of Secrets" and "Pages of Blacksmithing), and it's obviously a lot easier for the group of us to collectively spend that amount of resources to level a dedicated crafter than it is for us each to individually spend that amount of resources to level one up ourselves. I'll be doing Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting all day erry day.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Funneling resources to a dedicated crafter is a really good idea, by the way. I'm going to level up my crafting anyway, to be honest, and I don't mind helping everyone out. I see a lot of different numbers referring to the amount of gold (along with a certain number of things like "Tomes of Secrets" and "Pages of Blacksmithing), and it's obviously a lot easier for the group of us to collectively spend that amount of resources to level a dedicated crafter than it is for us each to individually spend that amount of resources to level one up ourselves. I'll be doing Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting all day erry day.

Can't see em', cause the gold is in the way. Real demon what's up?

I'd also volunteer for this, but I'm not gonna be as hardcore with the game during the week.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    well I got the wizard sigil at least.

You'll be able to redeem all of the sigils next week, no worries.
    If that's true, BIG SPOILERS
    Are Mephisto and Baal back too? Or are they dead dead?

I mean, Diablo gets a free ressurection card cause his name is the title. But what about the other Prime/Lesser evils?
    Do you really want to know? Really? Because all of the act bosses were datamined long ago:
    Act 1 - The Butcher
    Act 2 - Belial
    Act 3 - Azmodan
    Act 4 - Diablo

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    As someone who'd maxed out all of the professions during his WoW days, I'll definitely be crafting as well.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Is it the Butcher? That's an odd choice either way.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Chen wrote: »
    Is it the Butcher? That's an odd choice either way.

Yeah, there have been some changes made to the nature of
    Undeath and stuff. As I understand it when something particularly spoileriffic is in the area, shit just wakes up. All the undead and lots of big unpleasant things in the cathedral are back because of the meteor. Prior to that it was pretty quiet.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    So what you're saying is it came from outer space. That's some Warcraft 3 type shit right there.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Well the Rogue... nope... the Wizard... nope... Arthas... nope... Ah.... Kerrigan..? Bah you're right.

Captain Placeholder never wavered!

• Options
    ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Ubermensch now with stripes!Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

See also: half the villains in WoW.

See you in Town,
    -Z
This discussion has been closed.