The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Diablo 3] Diablo walks the Earth in 5 days. Single digits omg

13468997

Posts

  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Tarantio wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Tarantio wrote: »
    I'd like to see how it works with attack skills. Are you going to want to make sure you cast Earthquake with your higher dps weapon?
    That's a good question. I would hope it's designed such that attacks/spells that aren't tied to a specific left-hand/right-hand swing just do some sort of averaging thing between your weapons.
    Honestly, I think cooldown abilities should be based entirely on your DPS, rather than individual weapon damage. Since DPS is already something you want to maximize, it shouldn't dictate your gear, but still allows you to prefer slow weapons with high damage or fast weapons with low damage.
    I think that might work best. I'm curious how things like +fire damage on a weapon play out with big cooldown attacks as well.
    It is basically a function of your DPS since even wizard spells will only cast as fast as their weapon attacks.

    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Matz wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Another 275,000 invites went out, time to check your battle.net account.

    I'm still not in. =/

    Again? In addition to a few days ago?

    No. He's seems to be late to the party. Or it's not in the MOTD...

    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • MatzMatz Registered User regular
    Damn. Had my hopes up again.

    2uenpg3.png

    Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Matz wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Another 275,000 invites went out, time to check your battle.net account.

    I'm still not in. =/

    Again? In addition to a few days ago?

    Yup, 2 weeks in a row now.

    Edit: I guess not. Blizzard CS tweeted this today:
    All 275k beta invites from the #D3 wave have been sent. Be sure to check your email or your BNet account to see if you have been invited.

    I guess they meant that 100% of the invites from last week have gone out.... which I think everyone assumed they went out in the first day.

    Ratsult2 on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Tarantio wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Tarantio wrote: »
    I'd like to see how it works with attack skills. Are you going to want to make sure you cast Earthquake with your higher dps weapon?
    That's a good question. I would hope it's designed such that attacks/spells that aren't tied to a specific left-hand/right-hand swing just do some sort of averaging thing between your weapons.
    Honestly, I think cooldown abilities should be based entirely on your DPS, rather than individual weapon damage. Since DPS is already something you want to maximize, it shouldn't dictate your gear, but still allows you to prefer slow weapons with high damage or fast weapons with low damage.
    I think that might work best. I'm curious how things like +fire damage on a weapon play out with big cooldown attacks as well.
    It is basically a function of your DPS since even wizard spells will only cast as fast as their weapon attacks.
    We're not talking about spammed spells here, though. For a big nuke ability with a cooldown, whether your casting animation for it takes .7 seconds or .9 seconds, it's pretty irrelevent if the damage is heavily influenced by weapon speed. If you can only use a spell once a minute, you want it to do the most damage possible and you don't really care if it casts ever so slightly faster.

    On the other hand, I guess maybe they want it working that way to give value to low speed weapons. Part of the whole "gearing around a skill build" thing they're shooting for.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Haven't played a witch doctor in awhile... oh god corpse spiders

    Ahhhh so creepy D:

  • NamonNamon Registered User regular
    I feel horrid as I forgot to put my gaming email account on my new outlook install and I suddenly remembered it the other day and checked it. Sure enough I was invited into this beta back in February =(. Oh well better late then never I 'spose.

  • MatzMatz Registered User regular
    Namon wrote: »
    I feel horrid as I forgot to put my gaming email account on my new outlook install and I suddenly remembered it the other day and checked it. Sure enough I was invited into this beta back in February =(. Oh well better late then never I 'spose.

    I regret to advise you that due to your neglect you have forfeited your beta rights. Please immediately PM the necessary beta details to me.

    2uenpg3.png

    Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    How do you get items you buy off the AH? They show up in your stash? Nevermind, found the info.

    Xeddicus on
    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • NamonNamon Registered User regular
    Matz wrote: »
    Namon wrote: »
    I feel horrid as I forgot to put my gaming email account on my new outlook install and I suddenly remembered it the other day and checked it. Sure enough I was invited into this beta back in February =(. Oh well better late then never I 'spose.

    I regret to advise you that due to your neglect you have forfeited your beta rights. Please immediately PM the necessary beta details to me.

    This is seriously the first non lame game I've actually been invited to outside of the mass push right before release .... And I seriously agree there should be repercussion to my failure, but I'll pay my penance AFTER i test the game.
    :winky:

  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Your penance will be earned when you finally decide to see what all this hardcore gameplay is about, make it to 60, and die to a zombie as soon as you start inferno.

    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • SkabSkab Registered User regular
    Monks up

    steam_sig.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    It will be interesting to read about the first murder commited over non-existant items paid for with real cash. Cause if WoW is any indication you know the same thing is gonna happen here.

    Has nothing to do with the games, has everything to with people being dumb as rocks.

    It has everything to do with the games since those scams only happen because of the lack of a RMAH. The only possibility for it in D3 is in Hardcore if they don't add that.

  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    28 days, for those keeping track. Amazing that we're less than a month away. Even more amazing that I've still held onto my CE preorder.

    steam_sig.png
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    After some experimentation today, there is a good chance I will be playing a dual dagger barb on release. Built around moving fast, attacking fast, and getting dem crits. Frenzy is more fun than I would have thought

    Random thought: This build attacks with a speed of 2.15 (with daggers, though short swords are still a little above 2), when Wrath of the Berserker is activated. Every bash that hits generates 13 rage, so that is 26 rage a second. Which means... yes infinite Wrath of the Berserker :D

    It's probably been brought up before, but I find it amusing

    Foolish Chaos on
  • SkabSkab Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    28 days, for those keeping track. Amazing that we're less than a month away. Even more amazing that I've still held onto my CE preorder.

    STOP YELLING AT ME

    steam_sig.png
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    semester will have just ended when it comes out. yessssssssss I was a little worried.

    not that I'd ever let school get in the way of my diablo.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Wrestling.png?dl=0
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Skab wrote: »
    Bullio wrote: »
    28 days, for those keeping track. Amazing that we're less than a month away. Even more amazing that I've still held onto my CE preorder.

    STOP YELLING AT ME

    I can just see it now. "Hey guys, sorry I've been lazy lately, how many days left now?"

    "... it came out yesterday."

    "... -1 it is."

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Played some Monk (feels a little too jumpy for my tastes), some Demon Hunter (kinda boring), and Witch Doctor.

    Witch Doctor is super powerful - I mean even at level 5 I feel like an absolute badass - but it doesn't feel "cool" to me. I dunno.

    Still gotta try out BBQ and Wizard, so we'll see.

    No class has really "grabbed" me yet though.

  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    After some experimentation today, there is a good chance I will be playing a dual dagger barb on release. Built around moving fast, attacking fast, and getting dem crits. Frenzy is more fun than I would have thought

    Random thought: This build attacks with a speed of 2.15 (with daggers, though short swords are still a little above 2), when Wrath of the Berserker is activated. Every bash that hits generates 13 rage, so that is 26 rage a second. Which means... yes infinite Wrath of the Berserker :D

    It's probably been brought up before, but I find it amusing

    thats hilarious. great build :^:

  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I take it back.

    Wizard has grabbed me and won't let go.

  • mr_michmr_mich Registered User regular
    NewEgg is doing $10 off physical preorders with coupon code EMCNFJC22.

  • tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    Paid for my CE 100% the other day and now check this thread every other day to see how long i have till i pick this life-waster up. Barbarian so awesome!

    PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    looks like the beta is drawing to a close on the 1st. very excited for launch!

    belaraphon.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    forty wrote: »
    busfahrer wrote:
    Also, any word on when the beta will close?
    No, but likely in the first week of May.
    /pelvic thrust

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    mr_mich wrote: »
    NewEgg is doing $10 off physical preorders with coupon code EMCNFJC22.

    Anyone preordered games from NewEgg before? Do they deliver them on release day or a couple days after?

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    Hex TCG: Incindium
  • AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    They deliver when they have physical copies at their warehouse, how long it take to get to your door depends on delivery options and price you are willing to pay.

  • TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Newegg's delivery is nigh unto magic where I live, and I won't be able to play the game for the first week anyway, so I'm not too worried about that.

    Is anyone else selling at a discount? I think this is the first I've heard.

    "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
    Neal Stephenson
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    Patch 17 so close to release? I wonder what they're testing at this point. I feel kinda sorry for all the people getting into the beta this late.

    On the other hand, THIS IS HAPPENING PEOPLE!




  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I dunno. The people getting in later are getting a better feel for how the classes will actually be at retail. I burned out on the beta content back when it started, and other than just the very basic idea of the classes, stuff is pretty different now than it was then.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Are the monk's "1,001 gods" mentioned in more detail in the novels or anything?

    The Book of Cain gives me the impression that maybe none of those gods actually exist. That's pretty depressing, though perhaps a fitting dramatic irony for the series.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936 || PSN: Noggin37 || Steam
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    busfahrer wrote:
    Also, any word on when the beta will close?
    No, but likely in the first week of May.
    /pelvic thrust

    Now do Heart of the Swarm!

    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Newegg promo code appears to be closed.

    "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
    Neal Stephenson
  • onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    Never preordered from Newegg, but if you are near one of their distro centers you are solid I would imagine. I get orders next day delivery for anything I order before 5pm the previous day, even if I select the cheapest / longest shipping option. They are extremely quick at getting stuff processed and out the door.

  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    busfahrer wrote:
    Also, any word on when the beta will close?
    No, but likely in the first week of May.
    /pelvic thrust

    Now do Heart of the Swarm!
    Sometime in 2013, shortly before release!

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • TrystenTrysten Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    mr_mich wrote: »
    NewEgg is doing $10 off physical preorders with coupon code EMCNFJC22.

    Anyone preordered games from NewEgg before? Do they deliver them on release day or a couple days after?

    I'm pretty sure they're shipping on the 15th, so you'll be a couple days behind. Up to you whether that's worth $10 or not. Personally I'm going digital.

    QZ7MPEE7FX.jpg
  • RoeRoe Registered User regular
    Trysten wrote: »
    Incindium wrote: »
    mr_mich wrote: »
    NewEgg is doing $10 off physical preorders with coupon code EMCNFJC22.

    Anyone preordered games from NewEgg before? Do they deliver them on release day or a couple days after?

    I'm pretty sure they're shipping on the 15th, so you'll be a couple days behind. Up to you whether that's worth $10 or not. Personally I'm going digital.

    The box and physical copy are what I'm after. Digital is nice, but wouldn't you get a digital copy you can redownload after you combined your cd key with your blizzard account?

  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure once you've attached your physical copy's key to your account, you've got the "digital version" available as well. Some people don't really care about having the physical stuff though and would rather have immediate access (or less junk in their crappy apartment/house).

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • TrystenTrysten Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    Trysten wrote: »
    Incindium wrote: »
    mr_mich wrote: »
    NewEgg is doing $10 off physical preorders with coupon code EMCNFJC22.

    Anyone preordered games from NewEgg before? Do they deliver them on release day or a couple days after?

    I'm pretty sure they're shipping on the 15th, so you'll be a couple days behind. Up to you whether that's worth $10 or not. Personally I'm going digital.

    The box and physical copy are what I'm after. Digital is nice, but wouldn't you get a digital copy you can redownload after you combined your cd key with your blizzard account?

    I want to play at exactly 12:01am on the 15th, so I am buying digital and pre-downloading. The physical box is nice, but my impatience outweighs my desire for a box.

    QZ7MPEE7FX.jpg
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Trysten wrote: »
    Roe wrote: »
    Trysten wrote: »
    Incindium wrote: »
    mr_mich wrote: »
    NewEgg is doing $10 off physical preorders with coupon code EMCNFJC22.

    Anyone preordered games from NewEgg before? Do they deliver them on release day or a couple days after?

    I'm pretty sure they're shipping on the 15th, so you'll be a couple days behind. Up to you whether that's worth $10 or not. Personally I'm going digital.

    The box and physical copy are what I'm after. Digital is nice, but wouldn't you get a digital copy you can redownload after you combined your cd key with your blizzard account?

    I want to play at exactly 12:01am on the 15th, so I am buying digital and pre-downloading. The physical box is nice, but my impatience outweighs my desire for a box.

    Online retailers that you buy a physical copy from should so give you your key ahead of time...

    Xeddicus on
    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
13468997
This discussion has been closed.