As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAXers Whitewater and Gaming [2013 Aug 17, Reservation Available]

• Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    The August date has been selected- it has the largest availability profile.

Once I open orders with Three Rivers, payments will need to be made within a week- I will be working on it during May, and will try to open orders before May 15th, unless someone has serious objections to that.

If I can manage it, you'll all be dealing with Three Rivers directly.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm going to have to sit this one out - hopefully, I'll be able to make it next time!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Unfortunately, I had to cover a co-worker's shift so she can celebrate her kid's b-day that weekend >.< If I can be lucky enough to just close the office down that day (we have only 3 people who do my job at the office), I may be able to make it work. Since we have until May - I'll hopefully have it sorted out. Can't tell you how bummed I'll be though if it doesn't work.

ishtra on
    Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    ishtra wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I had to cover a co-worker's shift so she can celebrate her kid's b-day that weekend >.< If I can be lucky enough to just close the office down that day (we have only 3 people who do my job at the office), I may be able to make it work. Since we have until May - I'll hopefully have it sorted out. Can't tell you how bummed I'll be though if it doesn't work.

What time would you be getting out otherwise? If that weekend's not viable for you and Khadour, that might swing the numbers back to the mid-july date :P

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    I work Saturday mornings from about 9-12 in Long Island NY, so it would be a little rough to head up after that. Either way, it sounds like my co-worker can swap with me, maybe July more easily than August, but either way.
    I'll keep checking here, b/c I can play it by ear :)

• Options
    Ah okay. Guess we're sticking with August then!

• Options
    We're totally set - Friday taken off to allow for driving :D Can't wait

• Options
    Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    My Fiance and I would be interested in this as we're in Montreal and only a 5.5 hour drive away. Is there any interest in the Mega Cabin yet? I would be more interested in that route!

• Options
    We'd also be fans of the mega cabin!

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Agreed. Mega Cabin sounds epic if we have the numbers to make it practical, not sure if we do this time around though.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    if we don't have enough people for the Megacabin - I'd be up for sharing a smaller cabin. We don't have camping equipment (yet), so we'd need a cabin either way.
    Now, i just need to track down my wetsuit and rash guard :P

• Options
    Sorry that I'm dragging a little on this. Been busy at work! Still working on it!

Added your interest to the OP Kiki :)

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Sorry that I'm dragging a little on this. Been busy at work! Still working on it!

Added your interest to the OP Kiki :)
    I hate to be a pain, but I keep noticing this and finally remembered to say something. Can you fix the date on the title? I'd hate for someone to read the thread title and pass this up because they don't have a whole week of vacation to spare.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    Fixed

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Pushing confirmation out to June due to Megacabin interest- We need 10 minimum for the Megacabin. Cabin costs $45 a night per person for fri-sat, and 35 a person for sunday night- we'd be doing fri-sat min, with sun-mon preferable (We probably wouldn't need the minimum for that)

Total cabin cost: 90 for friday night and saturday night, or 125 for friday, saturday, sunday night. This is the same no matter what type of cabin you want.

If you do Friday and Saturday, you do not need to do sunday. We need to hit the 10 minimum ONLY on the weekend nights (Friday and Saturday)

There are other lodging options available that are cheaper if you can not afford this- I'm just gathering interest numbers to be able to tell them we want it or not. Bunk houses for instance, is cheaper, and still won't require you to bring a tent / sleeping bag / all the camping trimmings.

I need people to post megacabin interest (and I need to see if it's still available that weekend, which I will do tommorrow) if they have it, and NUMBER OF PEOPLE!

Without 10, they won't reserve it.

We theoretically have 9 "officially" coming, with up to 20 total at the moment- I just don't know how many of those would like to cabin.

Kiashien on

• Options
    The Mega Cabin is still available. As soon as I have 8 confirmed to be interested, I can start the whole ball rolling. (It's 8 because me and my girlfriend count too :P)

• Options
    Well, you can count me as Confirmed for Friday through Monday morning.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    gespo89 wrote: »
    Well, you can count me as Confirmed for Friday through Monday morning.

Yay. That puts us at 4 confirmed for cabin. 6 more

• Options
    I believe we should be good to go for the friday and saturday nights - for 2.

• Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    WOW, this sounds incredible! I live in Missouri, so if I flew into Boston would I be able to bum a ride with someone to and from the place? I'll see if the girlfriend is interested as well.

Flight wise, looks like the best price I can get would get me in Boston around 3pm Friday Aug 3rd, so we would get to the cabin around 7-8pm. I would leave Monday Aug 6th at 7pm, so we would need to leave the cabin by noon that Monday morning.

If this would work for anyone, let me know! I'll help with gas money too if needed. =D

Sharkey1337 on
  • Options
    WOW, this sounds incredible! I live in Missouri, so if I flew into Boston would I be able to bum a ride with someone to and from the place? I'll see if the girlfriend is interested as well.

Flight wise, looks like the best price I can get would get me in Boston around 3pm Friday Aug 3rd, so we would get to the cabin around 7-8pm. I would leave Monday Aug 6th at 7pm, so we would need to leave the cabin by noon that Monday morning.

If this would work for anyone, let me know! I'll help with gas money too if needed. =D

I'm sure this can be arranged- there's a lot of people driving from Boston. Carpooling will probably be a discussion once people are "locked in" AKA bought tickets ;)

If all else fails, I could do it, but ideally I probably shouldn't if someone else could (Last out, clean out the cabin, etc)

~Kiashien

• Options
    ishtra wrote: »
    I believe we should be good to go for the friday and saturday nights - for 2.

That puts us at 6 for Teh Mega Cabin (tm)

4 more and we can book it.

• Options
    I just had a question. The mega cabin is not a set price for any amount of people (min 10)? It's really priced on a per person basis?

• Options
    Kiki_lou wrote: »
    I just had a question. The mega cabin is not a set price for any amount of people (min 10)? It's really priced on a per person basis?
    According to their website:

Pricing:
    Weekdays: $140.00 per night**
    $35.00 for each additional person over 4
    Weekends: $180 per night
    $45.00 for each additional person over 4

As we will obviously be above four, that is essentially the case, yes.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    Shoot, turns out I have a friend's wedding to go to that weekend, I'll probably plan for next year when you start planning in November!

• Options
    Kiki_lou wrote: »

It really is on a per-person basis- if you actually do the math out, it costs the same amount per person no matter what- minimum or more. I know, it's really weird, but it's just how they do it.

• Options
    Current cabin list stands at:
    Kiashien +2
    Gesapo89
    Ishtra +1
    Total: 6

On June 1st give or take a day I'll be calling, and while I can open booking without definitely having enough, we're still shy- but that's okay, we can still get a smaller cabin.

• Options
    spread the word to some buddies and let them know about the deadline. Will see if they jump in :D

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Making the phone call today at lunch. Will post relevant contact info for the company shortly thereafter (It's going to be a somewhat complicated conversation ;) )

Kiashien on

• Options
    wes2000wes2000 Registered User new member
    I wish i didn't work weekends this would be an epic trip especially being in my own backyard. For those flying into Boston you might want to look into flying into Portland Maine it will cut a lot off from car traveling and with the price of gas might be cheaper as well. I actually have done the Kennebec as my first trip and had a blast. Depending on the release from the dam and level of the river there are some huge rapids. You won't be disapointed.

• Options
    Turns out I wont be able to make it after all. :-( upset about that, but such is life!

• Options
    FYI, work is a little nuts, and I have to actually talk to someone so it's been a little hard to book a half hour to call them. It'll happen soon, I promise!

• Options
    No worries - excited in general :D

• Options
    Worst case, I'm rafting this weekend and can set it up in person ;)

• Options
    If things aren't yet settled - I have an extra friend who'd like to join in. If it isn't possible, I'll let her know. but otherwise my group total is at 3 (including me)

• Options
    Any news?

• Options
    Reservations are live.

Call 1-877-846-7238

Give them reservation number 5836. If there is any problems, state that you're going on the PAX trip August 4th.

Current lodging is a Bunkhouse, but you are able to get your own lodging if need be.

Cabins are available, but it takes minimum numbers to book those- they let me reserve a large bunkhouse (holds 8) without meeting minimums.

The sooner people call, the sooner things can be finally settled. I apologize for dragging a bit on getting things moving, but as I expected, once it's active, we have to get everything sorted as fast as possible :)

• Options
    FYI, they WILL sell out for that weekend eventually- they gave me the impression that if we didn't get things sorted by the end of the week, it's likely that they won't have room for everyone.

Again, sorry that I dragged my feet on this! Next year, things will be a little more organized ;)

• Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    Sadly I wont be able to make it, I have other obligations that weekend that I wish I could get out of.

• Options
    Reminder: Book the trip before they fill up!